very platnium/WHITE human hair weft?

mandy

very platnium/WHITE human hair weft?

Post by mandy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm

De-lurking myself, hello! I have a quick question about hair weft colors. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried using the search but couldn't really find anything.

I'm thinking about making some human hair clip-ins, but I'm having trouble finding a brand that is truly white? My hair is very very white, on the lightest end of platinum. It doesn't have grey/lilac shades either, it's just...white haha. So I'm trying to find something to match that.

I remember a little while ago (maybe a year ago?? time flies) I bought ecw hh wefts from ikickshins.com in #613, but those were still too distinctly dark and yellowy for my hair. I noticed now there is a color available that I don't believe was there before, #60 silvery blond? Is that a closer match to white? If not, can anyone recommend a place where I could get some very very light white blond extensions?

The closest thing I've found at Sallys are 14" glue tipped ones... I asked the lady if they carried weft in that color and she said no, so I've taken my search to the intertubes.

space_waste

Re: very platnium/WHITE human hair weft?

Post by space_waste » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm

I just received my new weft today & had your problem. What I do is just bleach the extensions & wash them with silvershampoo. I get a colour match each time.

I'll get you some pictures of my new new weft next to my own hair tomorrow. It really is as simple as that though, it's how I've treated all my extensions & none of them have suffered damage. If you're a bit worried about bleaching, then do a strand test to see if it works for you. I don't see why it wouldn't though.

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I just ordered some of the #60 from IKS, after asking Sarah what the closest match to white would be, this is what she recommended, I'll let you know when it arrives!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

mandy

Post by mandy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 am

space_waste - I've thought about bleaching my existing extensions before but was never sure if it would work or not! I'll give that a shot next time I have some bleach/free time lol. I'll keep an eye out for your pictures tomorrow, from your icon it seems like you and I have pretty much the same hair color (: so it would be very helpful!

..::AtomicLox::.. - thanks so much! It does look very close to white, but you can never really tell with computer monitor colors and all that.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 am

#60 is more of a silvery blond, like #613 if you put toner on it. It's equally dark, just without the yellow tones. It's the closest color to white I've got, but it's definitely not white.

I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:44 pm

As promised, here are the pics.
I've not gotten around to chopping the extensions yet, so I've just been wearing them in pigtails, but regardless of the weird hairstyle I've got going on at the moment, you can see the colour match.

They're actually a tiny bit whiter than my own hair..oops

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 pm

space_waste wrote:I just received my new weft today & had your problem. What I do is just bleach the extensions & wash them with silvershampoo. I get a colour match each time.

I'll get you some pictures of my new new weft next to my own hair tomorrow. It really is as simple as that though, it's how I've treated all my extensions & none of them have suffered damage. If you're a bit worried about bleaching, then do a strand test to see if it works for you. I don't see why it wouldn't though.
I've always heard that it's really bad to bleach extensions since they're super processed already. How do you avoid absolutely killing them with bleach? What volume do you use? I want pure white hair too!

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

the ones I buy are lightest blonde/platinum blonde, then I use either 20 or 30 vol, depending on what I have in my stash at the time.
Lay them out on some clingfilm, slather them with bleach, flip them over on the clingfilm, repeat on the other side, then roll up the clingfilm & leave them (have a go with the haidryer on them to warm them up, if you like) until you've got the blonde you want.

I dont think this would work so well with brown extensions, you would probably ruin them. But in my experience, it doesn't damage extensions that were already light blonde.

mandy

Post by mandy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 pm

ikickshins wrote:#60 is more of a silvery blond, like #613 if you put toner on it. It's equally dark, just without the yellow tones. It's the closest color to white I've got, but it's definitely not white.

[img]
bleh that's a shame. :/ I did manage to find a few other threads with people discussing the #60 color and it seems like they were saying it varied a lot. Thank you for posting the pictures, I can see from there that it would be too...ashy? not sure of the right term. But a little bit dark.

mandy

Post by mandy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

space_waste wrote:As promised, here are the pics.
I've not gotten around to chopping the extensions yet, so I've just been wearing them in pigtails, but regardless of the weird hairstyle I've got going on at the moment, you can see the colour match.

They're actually a tiny bit whiter than my own hair..oops
oh my gosh that color is PERFECT lol jealous! Especially in the second picture, the hair on the right side looks to be almost the exact color I'm trying to get! I'm definitely going to try out bleaching some of my extensions based on your instructions above... hopefully they'll turn out at least half as nice as yours! Thanks so much for the info :D One question, does the texture of the hair change at all after you bleach it? I've noticed one problem I usually have with extensions is that it's obvious they aren't my own hair because they're so silky. Even if I shampoo and blowdry them, they're usually too straight and fake looking. Does bleaching change that at all? Also, do they tangle more/get "sheep wooly"? You know, that crunchy kinda texture from bleach. :lol: sorry for the question spam~

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 am

I know what you mean about them being that bit too shiny :?

You will notice a slow degradation with extensions anyway, because often they are silicon treated to make them extra soft & shiny when you first get them. Regardless of whether you bleach or not, this will wear off eventually, especially if you straighten/curl them a lot.
I've only ever had straw-like extensions that one time when I bleached them twice (silly me, I had itchy dye fingers... at least it wasn't my own hair). It didn't really affect them right away, but they did degrade a lot quicker than they normally would've done, i.e. a lot more hair shedding, less resistant to heat styling. Basically, the second bleach over-processed them & they got quite stringy (saying that, before they got to the stringy stage they blended in seamlessly with my own hair).

That's why I'm recommending you buy blonde extensions to start with, you cut out a lot of processing so the hair is still in good condition afterwards. You'll only need to leave the bleach on for 20 mins-half an hour (with 30 vol, but obviously, this will vary)

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:13 am

I got the #60 today! It's a really really lovely light blonde, but I probably will be lightening it a bit further. It's just about a shade darker than I'd like, but the condition of this brand is really pretty sturdy and it should hold up well through a little bleach bath action. As stated above, since it's already SO light it shouldn't take too hard of a beating at all!

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 am

Only once did I come across pure white weft, and while the package said it was human hair, the texture was more on the yalky side. Will have to dig around to see if I can find the brand.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

mandy

Post by mandy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:20 am

ah just thought I'd post a followup to this. I ended up ordering some platinum hair extensions online with the intent of lightening them via a bleach bath. I dunno of maybe it was too concentrated or I left it on too long (15mins) but the hair just kind of...melted. It was super gummy and snapped off on parts, and when dry it was unsalvageable :lol: like straw. ah well, maybe it's a sign I should look into professional extensions instead of DIYing it!

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:47 am

Lightened my #60 from IKS with Matrix V light and 30 vol cream bleach. Worked out beautifully, the last three inches or so were a little frazzled but with a conditioning treatment and some flat iron smoothing they turned out gorgeous!

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 am

mandy wrote:ah just thought I'd post a followup to this. I ended up ordering some platinum hair extensions online with the intent of lightening them via a bleach bath. I dunno of maybe it was too concentrated or I left it on too long (15mins) but the hair just kind of...melted. It was super gummy and snapped off on parts, and when dry it was unsalvageable :lol: like straw. ah well, maybe it's a sign I should look into professional extensions instead of DIYing it!
I don't understand, I've always used bleach on its own on my extensions & have left it in for longer than 15 minutes. I'm sorry my advice ruined your new hair :(

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:18 am

Sounds like the quality of the hair was just too over-processed to begin with.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 pm

the only weft ive ever found that was really pure white was by masqurade, and it said it was human hair, but when i tried to heat style it, it went limp and melty :/

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:17 pm

A strong purple shampoo on #60 works for me to get platinum :)

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:03 am

you could also have a go with shapeshifter and see if you like using that versus HH. they have a pure white and theyre platinum is really really light also.

pixieparadox

Post by pixieparadox » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:23 pm

this is a bit late but i saw some WHITE WHITE WHITE human hair wefts at one of the supplies in town. you wouldnt still be looking would you?
"Come with me. Take my hand. I promise you, there's no promise land."

I HAVE A NEW SITE http://www.paradox-designs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixieparadox

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 pm

pixieparadox wrote:this is a bit late but i saw some WHITE WHITE WHITE human hair wefts at one of the supplies in town. you wouldnt still be looking would you?
Do you remember what brand it was?
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

KikiHair

Post by KikiHair » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:19 am

Hi Lovely!
We have a wide range of colours! We also stock the colour you are looking for!!
We stock Halo, Tape, Clip ins and also Ponytail Extensions.
https://kikihair.com.au/

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”