extension help for a convention

Tomo139

extension help for a convention

Post by Tomo139 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 am

If this is in the wrong place..sorry <.<

So I have been trying to figure out this problem I have been having for like the past few weeks. I have been putting together a cosplay for a convention I have in May. The main problem I am having is with the hair. The person I am dressing up as has pigtails which are very, very,very long...and my hair is not that long. My hair is about to my shoulders. Here is a pic of what I want the finish product to look.

I was going to just put in some clip on pigtails but I kinda want to have that kinda hair not only for the convention but more of a semi permanent thing. So I asked around about getting a weave and was told to try to go with something else because it would look weird to part down the center.

Things I have looked into were the shapshifters. I seen they can be put into the hair with linkies? Other then that I dont know much about them. Im just scared the linkies would be able to be seen and people would stare at my hair and wonder..what the heck is that?

I wanted to see what everyone thought on here. what would be the best way to go about this? getting extensions? trying this shapshifters thing? Thank you in advance for your help!

NirvanaMarie

Re: extension help for a convention

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 am

You could still do a weave, you would just have to make sure the person doing it knew that you wanted to be able to put it into pigtails and they could place the wefts accordingly.

Shapeshifter is another great option! You can Linkie them in just fine, again, just have the person installing then know that you want to be able to put them in pigtails. Or you could always make some pony pieces with them.

Tomo139

Post by Tomo139 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 am

oh ok! thank you or getting back with me. I might try the weave thing but I cant seem to find anyone near where I live to do it. Haha thats what you get for living out in the middle of no where i guess. thanks again!

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 am

Not a problem :)

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”