enough hair?

iddylove

enough hair?

Post by iddylove » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:07 am

ok so after i take my dreads out i want to do sew in extensions. ive done this plenty of thimes, but never with my hair this short. it about 2 inches above my shoulder and fine. i have ordered one 105g pack of 18in human hair from blackngold, and now im wondering it it will be enough since my hair is short? im not worried about it blending as im planning on cutting it into a heavily textured style anyhow, but will it be to thin looking? 105g is a pretty decent amount of hair, but like i said ive never tried it with such short hair.
thanks in advance for your input :)

NirvanaMarie

Re: enough hair?

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:42 pm

You may find that you will have to cut into the hair a bit in order to make it believable. Or style it more like a fashion mullet. Style is really key when there is that much difference in length. My hair is about the same length and I usually stick with 14'' hair because I don't like having to put a lot of time into styling it everyday. When I took mine out I threw dreads in so I wouldn't have to style at all for awhile.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

yea i plan on doing a really layered cut...if i can find a picture of something similar i will post it hear to give a better idea.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 pm

plan on doing something similar to this.
i also just bought 50 micro loops in blue that im gonna add when all the weft is sewn in for a bit of color.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:41 pm

That's a cute cut! You should be able to get that style very easily, and I love color accents :)

Kiki

Post by Kiki » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:47 pm

My hair is about 5/6 inches long. I have glue in tracks so a different method but all the same.
These are what mine look like:

Not the best angle but you get the idea (:
I think it will be fine.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:51 pm

thanks guys i was a little worried. and i froggin love that cut lol. a client came to me the other day with the same pic, though she wanted hers a bit shorter, and i decided i wanted it too. hehe.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”