What is goig on with my HH extensions???

[Phexxie]

What is goig on with my HH extensions???

Post by [Phexxie] » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 pm

i currently have 26" extensions installed (micro ring method) and im having a NIGHTMARE keeping the buggers looking nice!

the hair was sold as remy and states remy on the pack, and i know the length may be a factor here, but they are tangling up like nobodies business with nasty big knots that i have to carefully pick out with my fingers
i can brush them smooth, and literally within minutes i have to brush again

ive tried deep conditioning, leave in conditioner and serums... and im actually kinda considering getting out the silicone spray... o_0

ive half a mind to message the seller i purchased them from and question the quality... they were beautifully smooth out of the bag but now theyre a bit of a mess and ive only had them in for a week :(
im guessing theres a chance theyre not actually 100% remy... or may have been initially silicone coated >_<

ive had extensions tangle up a little in the past, but not like this... were talking big balls of fuzzy hair here!

so now im not sure what to do, i REALLY dont want to have to lose them but im also starting to think if i dont im going to end up looking like a manic scarecrow

any ideas on what might be the problem? and especially, how to cure it!

guest123

Re: What is goig on with my HH extensions???

Post by guest123 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:37 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I hate that spray stuff, it makes my weave look greasy but when I don't have it in my hair gets mega knots :(
The hair net at night definitely helps though and a little of the spray
I think some sellers lie when the say its remi hair unfortunately :(
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 pm

i think ill give the silicone spray a shot then

im guessing the quality just isnt that great, the pack did state remi but im feeling a little suspicious... ah well

thanks girls :D

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

They might be over conditioned. Try using a clarifier on them.

lucelasticx

Post by lucelasticx » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

It maybe that the hair was not kept root to point correct during processing and so will just keep matting and locking up!
NVQ3 Trained Hairdresser and extensionist freak.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm

i would rather avoid clarifier if i can, i dont have enough dye to re-do them if they fade too much :(
(just to state, i used semi-perm vegetable dye, not permanent chemical and i have done this before with great results and no added tangle)

im actually pretty sick of them getting caught in everything due to the length, so i might chop a few inches off the ends and see if that helps too

the pack states remi but i dont believe it, and the silicone spray didnt seem to do much of anything, but then i did do it myself in my garden and probably managed to get more on my mums beloved boarder plants than the hair... if they die, she will probably kill me

im on the verge of just giving up, taking them out and re-tipping my old 20" ones
they tangle, but not like this >_<

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:42 am

bah. that sucks. the HH business is so dodgy. i honestly dont ever pay the money for remi hair anymore because im never certain thats what i'll really get. i like BNGs hair, and thats what i stick too. as for the silicone, i cant imagine that would help much as its just adding build up. it just might be that theyre terribly long and therefore easily tangled. my boyfriend has very long hair in wonder full condition (hes 5'6" and its nearly to him bum). being as it is his hair its 100% virgin, and obviously the cuticles are aligned, as its growing out of his head lol, and he can brush it then 5 min later its tangly again. its just one of those things that go along with long hair

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:05 pm

I would trim a few strands off and dye them with temporary colour like directions/manic panic. If there are white bits, the hair is synthetic. If not, youll know its to do with products on the hair xx

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”