Bald Patches!! :'(

Skettihoop

Bald Patches!! :'(

Post by Skettihoop » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:03 pm

I've been glueing hair extensions in since I can remember! Usually taking them out between 1 and 2 weeks of having them, but last time glued them in I decided to go for Salon Pro in black instead of white/clear.. My problem is now I've taken them out the same way i always have and i have LOTS!! of bald patches. I didn't even feel the hair ripping out when taking the extensions out otherwise i would have stopped.. Everyones probably going to advise me to give my hair a rest from the glue and thats what I'm going to do, but I need help on ways to get the glue off my hair without it ripping anymore of my hair out :cry:

PLEASE!!!

Edit; I also have tried the glue remover before and it was hopeless, but even if it wokred I neither have the time or money to get some :?
And does Jesus like my hair?
I don't think he f*cking cares!
Nor do I, Nor do I..

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Bald Patches!! :'(

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Maybe try a hot oil treatment on your hair. Usually glue and oil do not get along at all. Good luck :( After this disaster is over, perhaps you could try microringing in extensions.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 pm

I'd suggest micro rings too...perhaps shrinkies but they require heat...might not be a wise idea.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

id suggest a deep conditioning with something like osimo from sally’s and a gentle comb through after leaving the conditioner in or a few days the proteins in osimo will help strengthen your hair and the condition will help to remove the glue with minimal hair loss also i agree with micro rings this is what my hairdresser recommends after my sister had extensions in for four weeks :( and had matted dreads smothered in glue hope this helps taran
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Skettihoop

Post by Skettihoop » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

I got it all out with baby oil thankfully, but now i gotta deal with the bald patches :'(
Nor do I, Nor do I..

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 pm

osimo from sally is really good for help with hair growth even though it will grow slow this will speed up the regrowth and when used regulaly can help to thicken the hair as well. :)
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Skettihoop

Post by Skettihoop » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Ahhh thankyou :)
Nor do I, Nor do I..

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Sketti, are you aware that the hormonal changes going on in your body, having recently given birth, are enough to be causing your hair to thin? Many ladies experience significant hair loss and changes in the first year after being pregnant, and this would certainly be exasperated by the glue and extension. I would recommend you get yourself a course of vitamins intended for antenatal use, they will help your body and hair get back to normal.

To get rid of latex glue, I would recommend dowsing the bonds with olive oil and leaving overnight, then the glue should slide out in the morning. Any bits left over can be removed by loading the hair with conditioner then dragging through a nit-comb.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Skettihoop

Post by Skettihoop » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 am

My boyfriend said this yesterday and now I'm really worried. I'll be down the chemist ASAP today. Just hope it grows back :(

Thank you everyone
Nor do I, Nor do I..

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Don't worry, it's totally normal and will grow back. Go a bit easier on yourself doll, you have just done something amazing and your body needs to readjust. xx
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 am

my mother went almost completly bald after having my younger sister, and six months later all was well again. our bodies are incredible and you will be fine! :)

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”