how to make loose hair into weft easier ???

dread_addiction

how to make loose hair into weft easier ???

Post by dread_addiction » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:37 am

OK so i think i'm in the right section if not please move it. i also looked and search around if there was anything like it but no luck.
A while a go i saw a tutorial of making weft out of green loose synthetic hair by using some type of glue. so they taped the loose hair down all bulky by the tips, obviously the hair got cut to be even tips...then they apply glue near where the tape was place . she glued once then let it dry and then flip and glue the other side and let it dry .. the glue did hold the loose hair like a weft . i was wondering if any of you guys have seen this tutorial because i been looking for it but i cant find it and i would like to see it again. i want to know what kind of glue she used and so i can remember it better. i want to try this method because i'm to lazy :? to do a hand-tied weft for a fringe i want to make out of my kk color . I also don't have a sewing machine to sew it and using a fishnet and hook takes too much time i think... i never done it to tell you the truth :| .
so any help on finding this tutorial would be appreciated.

i just realized that i didn't mention where i found the tutorial in the first place. well it was a video tutorial so it was on youtube.com

IKickShins

Re: how to make loose hair into weft easier ???

Post by IKickShins » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

I'm not familiar with any video versions of it, but Katie Bair has a tutorial for no-sew wefts that uses caulk:
http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutori ... wefts.html
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 pm

ikickshins wrote:I'm not familiar with any video versions of it, but Katie Bair has a tutorial for no-sew wefts that uses caulk:
http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutori ... wefts.html
oh my god your rite >_< i confused it with a video see my memory is bad, no wonder i couldnt find it thank you for ur help... god i feel dumb . yay now i can be lazy and do it this way lol :D

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:28 pm

is there different kinds of caulk?? which one brawn should i buy ??

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Does anyone know if that method is only really good for adding hair onto wigs, or would it also be suitable to make into clip in or glue in extensions?

xx

MadamGutterTrash

Post by MadamGutterTrash » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 pm

I sew mine for fringes and stuff and they'd take less time than that tut.

Basically cut some soft netting or tulle (the stuff from a fabric store) cut it into inch wide strips that are a bit longer than the weft you need. Set your sewing machine to a small stitch, grab some loose hair and line up the middle of the hair with the middle of the strip and sew (so if the hair is a foot long you'll have a strip of tulle with hair 6 inches either side of the stitches).
Then fold the tulle on the stitching line so the tulle is on the outside (your hair will now be twice as full because you've doubled it over) and do a line of stitching a couple of mm in from the fold (an edge stitch) and trim off any excess tulle.

Tadaa! A weft!

This method is good because you can pretty much put as much hair as you want in and don't hav to worry about the glue getting to all the fibres. I started doing this about 2 days ago and it now takes me about 10 minutes to make one, so it's really easy.

Hope this helped, maybe I should make a tut...
Sacha

MadamGutterTrash

Post by MadamGutterTrash » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 am

BAM!
(They are the same tut, just posted here and LJ)

http://mguttertrash.livejournal.com/871.html
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 64&t=14772

Hope it helps! :D
Sacha

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Sorry!
I never realised there was an extra reply, i'll have a look at that tut now :)
Thing is i don't have a sewing machine, my mothers got a really, really old one, not too sure if it works hah xD Not a clue how to use 'em too, but i think i might look into getting a second hand one. Sewing does seem the most sensible way to make 'em
xx

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 am

PlasticHair wrote:Does anyone know if that method is only really good for adding hair onto wigs, or would it also be suitable to make into clip in or glue in extensions?

xx
Please don't use the caulk method for hair extensions! Katie Bair means for this method to be used for wig additions. Caulk is highly irritating to the skin!

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”