keratin glue or mulit-purpose glue sticks?

cristina1321

keratin glue or mulit-purpose glue sticks?

Post by cristina1321 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm

For tipping your own extensions...Keratin glue is expensive. Can you use multi purpose glue sticks? And what is liquid gold? Can you buy it in the US?

[Phexxie]

Re: keratin glue or mulit-purpose glue sticks?

Post by [Phexxie] » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Liquid Gold is a type of glue used for hair extensions
it comes in a small bottle, like a nail varnish bottle, and you just brush it on the weft, let it go tacky and apply to the hair

you can use LG to tip extensions too, the same way you would use keratin! just make sure you saturate the hair enough to avoid shedding
i tipped my extensions with it, and they lasted ages :)

you can pick LG up cheaply on ebay, as well as other online stores such as doclocks and buyhair
(the new formula isnt great for wefts, but i used it to tip hair and it worked fine)

multi purpose glue is NOT suitable though
its washable for one, so will wear off and leave horrible globs in your hair

grab some LG from ebay, i would advise at least two bottles to be on the safe side :)

cristina1321

Post by cristina1321 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:55 am

Thank you for replying. The multi purpose glue sticks aren't washable. The ones I'm talking about go in the same glue gun as the keratin. They look exactly the same but the multi purpose glue in more of a clear color and the keratin is a honey color. I read the only difference is something called poly tac polyamide, so do you think it's an important ingredient? I think I'm going to try it on a couple on tips and see how well it holds up. These clear glue sticks are so much cheaper.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Keratin glue is easily removed. It crushes to dust with acetone and pliers. If you are wanting to get them out without cutting them out, Keratin is the way to go.

FLstyler

Post by FLstyler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm

I would definitely use Keratin if you are looking to run into any issues removing the hair not to mention that they hold up better too.
Your number one source for hair extension products!
http://www.samourastore.com

HairLady

Post by HairLady » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 pm

I bought keratin sticks and keratin-glue sticks off ebay. I used them to microtip bulk/loose hair then checked out how the removers worked (before i ever installed them in my hair, to make sure they worked).

I liked that the keratin came out very easily but i thought the bonds softened a bit and flaked.

And I found that the keratin-glue (which maybe is purely glue, but whatev) bonds stayed hard and lasted long but they were much harder to remove.

SO then I got to cooking! lol - i melted / mixed them at approx. 30% K-glue and 70% keratin. It made great long lasting AND easy to remove bonds.

But you have to use a litle pan on the stove to melt (i bot one specifically for this) - a glue or wax warmer wouldn't get hot enough to heat the K-glue.

Maybe the brand name keratins are better but i'm kinda a cheap-o, it cost just pennies on ebay! lol

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”