Natural looking Dreadies... some color questions and so on

meg982

Natural looking Dreadies... some color questions and so on

Post by meg982 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 am

I was replying to this -> thead, then I noticed i was writing soooo much, and I don't wanna get dirty that beauty. :lol:

God, I LOVE those dreads.

I'm a newbie here, I never had dreadies, but I had lurked this amazing forum from a while... and reading tutorials, watching photos i want to give a try... until i got to this thread and fall in love with these ones... so cute, natural looking and stylish!

Now I keep reading you, I'm going on watching photos... and tonite i'd want to starting buying materials, but I'm stuck witch color scheme. :|
I'm a naturally dark blonde, now with a "gradient" on... from my blonde-ish roots to almost-black... I'm a damn serial-dyer. :roll:
I saw that you had so many problems backcombing and sealing with stuff from youbuyhair.co.uk, so i think i'll prefer buying from afrocare. I'd like something near #8 - Medium Ash Brown, with lighter and darker ones... and few color accents. But I cannot take a decision between something purple - the color I love the most - and something auburn-cherry. But I really can't see anything from the little squares of the colour chart... cannot match them, in blends and in colour touch. :x Look at that "medium brown", seems like a commodore 64 screenshot. :mrgreen: :roll:

And just because I'm a complicate girl, this "type" have the wefts, too... :?
Checking afrocare site i found these... are the right ones?
I think I'll make DE, maybe for first (self) install it would be better start with something simplier, like without the weft part?

I thought i'd like some bijoux in there, like the girl in the photo...
Maybe I'd like too many things for my first time. :lol:
My neck will suffer a lot.

So... you are sooo damn cute, can you give me some advices? :idea:
Sorry for my shitty english... but I'm italian and... my english is a bit rusty. :oops:

sammu

Re: Natural looking Dreadies... some color questions and so on

Post by sammu » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am

I think you speak/type English very well. :)

Afrocare is great to buy from, but the colour chart is bad. I always use the colour chart Ikickshins has, because it's very accurate.

http://ikickshins.net/colorchartkk.php

As for the weft you linked to, it is fine, but if you plan to dye it or use hair straighteners they won't work. If you're leaving the weft that colour, it will be fine for what you need it for. ^_^

I think Blonde, Black and Brown makes a wonderful colour combination, or you can do Brown, Blonde and Purple... that's always lovely. :)

meg982

Re: Natural looking Dreadies... some color questions and so on

Post by meg982 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 am

Thanks a lot... you're so useful. :i2:
I think I'll now sew wefts... It seem quite complicate already without them ^^
I'm on the way to make my order...
:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”