Dredfalls - Extension Help BLARGLE!

Specter

Dredfalls - Extension Help BLARGLE!

Post by Specter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm

WHOO! I've been gone from here for a while... So many events, so little time... DragonCon rocked! There were all kinds of hair styles I just envied...

ANYWAY :i2:

I tried to go back through the forums today and find something, and I pre-apologize if I missed it... Theres a lot of posts to sift through :D :i10:

So i've just ordered my first batch of funk-eh colored kan. braid to make some dred falls! YAY! But here's the deal... i've seen all kinds of stuff on how to make / seal / "install" dreds, but so far I've come up empty handed on finding ways to put dreds onto "extensions"... :shock:

When i make crin falls since I have a traveling table that I customize them at I just double up a few "hair elastics" and tie the pieces right on. I've seen people 'lace' singles/open-ended dreds onto fat pieces of elastic, but I myself don't really like tying things in that much... :i9:

I guess I'm just looking to see how other people do it... i know I can thread anything onto ribbon and such,l but is there another way? I tried making dreds onto elastics and figured out real quick that you pretty much quadruple the work, and since I seal you run the risk of messing up dreds you finished since they are all right next to each other... :i3:

BLARGLE!

Help por favor? :i2:

:mrgreen: ~Specter :mrgreen:
"We gladly feast on those who would subdue us!" ~Addams Family Creedo

sammu

Re: Dredfalls - Extension Help BLARGLE!

Post by sammu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 pm

I keep re-reading your post and I don't quite know what you're on about.
I just double up a few "hair elastics" and tie the pieces right on.
That's what you do. Just band the dreads onto thick elastic and away you go. Fold a Double-Ended Dread over the elastic, and band the top where it's folded over.

Specter

Post by Specter » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 am

CirqueMachine wrote:I keep re-reading your post and I don't quite know what you're on about.
I just double up a few "hair elastics" and tie the pieces right on.
That's what you do. Just band the dreads onto thick elastic and away you go. Fold a Double-Ended Dread over the elastic, and band the top where it's folded over.
YES! The folding over double enders would work with what I want...

Basically, I ususally just tie pieces onto a "hair tie".. They're round rubber bands with fabric on them I guess... In order to get single enders on there I'd have to dred the hair onto it, and you can't seal them that way.

I basically would rather not actually have to TIE something into my hair if I can help it (like elastic or ribbon). Instead I'd rather just have a hair band, or hair tie or hair round :P and wrap it over a bun or something...

I do often rant in an awful way... My apologies *^_^*

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

~Specter
"We gladly feast on those who would subdue us!" ~Addams Family Creedo

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 pm

With single enders you can always put them on the elastic, then stitch up the elastic. Little more work but gives you a closed piece.

otherphoenix

Post by otherphoenix » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:55 pm

you could just buy loose elastic on a roll and tie it up to the right hair band length after you thread them on :i9:

moosiefeltfelt

Post by moosiefeltfelt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:12 am

have alook in wigs and peices for ways to make falls x
roll, roll, roll, the roving make the feltie dreads
hang em up n dry em out
and get a woolie head

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”