Dread Making Stations

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Re: Dread Making Stations

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Shay Wynter wrote:Mine is actully a giant mess right now. I went dread crazy last night and spend almost all day making dreads, then I got really tired and didnt clean it up, which is fine cause I plan on going and making more in about a half hour or so.

so here are my pics of my mess i call a dread station lol

I was going to buy one of those steamers!
How is it holding out for you Shay?

So since I keep moving I keep having to change my rig and with the uncertainty of how long I will be in this apartment I haven't put my bars up.
Instead I am using a simpler set -up for the time being while I finish out an order.

Best set-up ever for SEs that I have had so far ^^

My coffee table {We call it the man eating coffee table}
A hanger and some sealing clips :3
Aswell i used different S hooks for hanging and sealing dreads so I have a super small loop on my SEs.
Spare bits are for splashes.
These were actually going to be used for a tut <_<

Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

MegaBat

Re: Dread Making Stations

Post by MegaBat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I would have never thought of those brightly colored plastic cloths pins! I really need to go and buy some now! I keep saying oh I need something to clip hair out of the way/hold it but I never want to go buy alagator hair clips since they are not too cheap [even though they would make installs simplier] Those cloths pins are at the dollar store! XD

As for my station, right now it is my exersize bike with a thick plastic coat hanger shoved onto the handle bars. I back comb and seal my deads on the hook of the hanger. Since I am making single ended dreads this works really well but if I want to make DE's I am going to need to think up something new.

I sit on my sofa, which is more then likely not the best for my back. I will have to try standing since some of you have said it helps :3

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”