Colours we all hate

NaturalistDesigns

Re: Colours we all hate

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:49 am

Buyhair's Baby Pink :/

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 pm

buyhairs platinum blonde is being a rather large pain in the butt at the moment, its all shiny, a bit too straight ad doesnt want to back comb properly, seals alright, its just a pain getting it to backcome. goes into solid knots and doesnt wanna move. RAR. its the same texture ad barbie pink which does my head in for the same reason. grr

DeadGirl SUPERSTAR

Post by DeadGirl SUPERSTAR » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm

LizSherman wrote:Lol, so many problems with buyhairs colours!
I was just thinking this. XD

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 am

DeadGirl SUPERSTAR wrote:
LizSherman wrote:Lol, so many problems with buyhairs colours!
I was just thinking this. XD
Seems the brand to have the most mentions.

Would anyone want to post their 'results' of dreads gone bad? :P
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

saramurphy

Post by saramurphy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I am SO glad i didnt order from BH today, i was just about to confirm order when i thought nar ill buy them in town tomorow and save myself a £7 on postage.
PHEW
Sara x

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Buy hair - silver

I hate this colour, it's hard to back comb and hard to seal. It just wants to make life difficult for me
I think some colours might be batch dependant.. i have just finished a set using BH's silver and it was a dream... very crinkled and afro like... sealed and backcombed like a dream. xx
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:16 pm

AineUnlaced wrote:Does any of you have bad experiences with BH Fantasy Fruit Salad?
Yes. It sealed very very softly, same as their new(ish) neon pink.

Haylum

Post by Haylum » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Squidgy wrote:
Buy hair - silver

I hate this colour, it's hard to back comb and hard to seal. It just wants to make life difficult for me
I think some colours might be batch dependant.. i have just finished a set using BH's silver and it was a dream... very crinkled and afro like... sealed and backcombed like a dream. xx
I had no problems with it either.
Haggis McNoodle Synthetic Dreadlocks

Unmentioned Secret Lovechild of the Blue Army and Red Rebellion

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:19 am

Modu black. Doesn't backcomb nicely :x

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:34 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:Modu black. Doesn't backcomb nicely :x
Agreed. It doesn't seem to seal as well as other blacks, either.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:05 am

ikickshins wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:Modu black. Doesn't backcomb nicely :x
Agreed. It doesn't seem to seal as well as other blacks, either.
Seals fine for me, but just hard to backcomb.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:26 pm

It might just be me but the last batch of Jazzy's grape felt really sticky and knotted up really roughly.

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:36 pm

I know this is a thread of BAAAAD hair to work with but which would you say is the best/ your fave? A good hair for noob's to use... I've had a go at making a few dreads in the past but always with cheap hair that I grabbed from a store near where I live. When I didn't succeed I blamed the hair but I've nothing to compare it to so I might just be rubbish at backcombing! Haha.
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 pm

http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... love#p5645

Although the bad colours thread seems to be updated alot more :/ so this one gets lost
The old thread on HH has alot more reccomendations, I'll go search for it now.

Edit: here it is: http://www.doctoredlocks.com/hh_forum/a ... lours+love

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:53 pm

found this in a local hairshop, Sleek- Flame
the colour was an amazing non-traffic cone orange, backcombed like a gream but wouldn't seal for anything, at all, with any method, even though it was KK.
grr.
/emmy x

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 pm

kinda OT - but i was wondering instead of having to go through all the comments as i no it's gonna end up with quite a few pages eventually XD we could have the 1st post or a new thread stickied were it can be edited each time to label the colour and brand next to it with a short desc saying 'wouldn't seel' 'hard to back comb' etc instead of the whole review. That way it will be easier for users to locate the review of the colour/brand before they buy it. I don't mind making the thread if anyone else wants me to do this? and i can edit it each time a new review is added ^^ that way we won't end up with 6 reviews all being the same :lol:
still can keep this thread so we can discuss the colours/brands, just thought it would be helpful to have a thread like what i have just mentioned :D

just a suggestion :)

i have yet to try some of these colours, but i've always found white hard to seel, accept one! in a dread kit for Sarin, the white sealed and backcombed lovely! but i don't know the brand, however it did seem to be a bit UV like if you get what i mean.. :P
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Lilinth wrote:found this in a local hairshop, Sleek- Flame
the colour was an amazing non-traffic cone orange, backcombed like a gream but wouldn't seal for anything, at all, with any method, even though it was KK.
grr.

Ahh I'm glad I'm not alone. I had Sleek's black, it backcombed really well but when it came to sealing...
I had to mix it with another brand of KK in the end.

dreadheaded

Post by dreadheaded » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Hey guys, thank jeebus I found this post, I was starting to think it was my technique that was all to poop as I hadn't done any for a while! Back along I made some 'tribal' type DEs from some of the LA Trend natural colours. Found wierditude a-go-go!

*drags out empty packets and dreads*
*woots at finding hitherto forgotten packet of black*
*back to keyboard*

all of them snarled up very happily, however it did tend for lumpiness when it came to twisting and sealing, I certainly couldn't just back comb absent mindedly or I'd just get a giant snargled lump in a ridiculously short time! As for sealing, white and dark medium brown sealed fine, light brown wasn't too bad, but darkest brown and especially medium auburn were horrendous, multiple steamings and they're still pretty poofy, so I'm gonna give them another whirl n see how it goes. Might I guess work for folks on the thread in the techniques section (I think) who are after methods for looser looking, poofier dreads. I also think you don't need as much hair in each dread using LA Trend, because of the fluffyness, but I guess that depends on the way you're sealing and the thickness you want at the end:)

engrcupcake

Post by engrcupcake » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for the information. If I do order anything from Buyhair it will definitely be for braids.

madebs666

Post by madebs666 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Afro Care Jet black.

As a noob, I thought it would be just me being rubbish at back-combing and sealing, but then I moved onto the Red from the coloured range, and it's so different!

The black was very course and difficult to back comb, making very lumpy and velroey dreads.

Now I've used the other colours from there, and found I can make beautiful smooth non-lumpy dreads, it must have been the black at fault!

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:kinda OT - but i was wondering instead of having to go through all the comments as i no it's gonna end up with quite a few pages eventually XD we could have the 1st post or a new thread stickied were it can be edited each time to label the colour and brand next to it with a short desc saying 'wouldn't seel' 'hard to back comb' etc instead of the whole review. That way it will be easier for users to locate the review of the colour/brand before they buy it. I don't mind making the thread if anyone else wants me to do this? and i can edit it each time a new review is added ^^ that way we won't end up with 6 reviews all being the same :lol:
still can keep this thread so we can discuss the colours/brands, just thought it would be helpful to have a thread like what i have just mentioned :D
This does sound like a good idea. Would still like to see examples of how the hair dreaded - or didn't - with notes of what method was used, so there is a better visual of what went wrong and perhaps others could give suggestions as to what they did to get certain colors to work.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Couture_Coiffure wrote:
Miss_Panda wrote:kinda OT - but i was wondering instead of having to go through all the comments as i no it's gonna end up with quite a few pages eventually XD we could have the 1st post or a new thread stickied were it can be edited each time to label the colour and brand next to it with a short desc saying 'wouldn't seel' 'hard to back comb' etc instead of the whole review. That way it will be easier for users to locate the review of the colour/brand before they buy it. I don't mind making the thread if anyone else wants me to do this? and i can edit it each time a new review is added ^^ that way we won't end up with 6 reviews all being the same :lol:
This does sound like a good idea. Would still like to see examples of how the hair dreaded - or didn't - with notes of what method was used, so there is a better visual of what went wrong and perhaps others could give suggestions as to what they did to get certain colors to work.
yea that would be good to if others gave suggestions aswell, as i no some colours will work for certain people as to others ^^ such as i mentioned in a previous post about the buyhairs disco pink i think it was?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 pm

WDK violet. yuck yuck yuck..
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Aeonix

Post by Aeonix » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:45 am

This is my first post here, but I wish I'd seen this thread *before* ordering hair. :roll: I ordered BH Disco Pink, and LA Trends Off Black, the Disco Pink will not backcomb, and it didn't seal terribly well.

I must admit this is my first go at it at all, but had I not read this I may have begun to think I was doomed to never do them properly. I am moving soon so no point in ordering new stuff till I'm where I'm headed, since I'll be ordering in a different country altogether, but how frustrating! I am planning to use the LA Trends hair as curls, had hoped after seeing BH Disco Pink on here that I could try that as a backup, but then saw it (LA Trends) was on this list as well.

And the third color I bought? Fantasy Pepper Red of course. :lol: Also for curls but *sigh*...dreadmaking grinds to a halt shortly after I began, but I will not give up!

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:53 am

Ice_Pick_Abortions wrote:WDK violet. yuck yuck yuck..
WDK violet: backcoms well, seals like a dream. colour on the bottom of the pic.

Aeonix wrote:This is my first post here, but I wish I'd seen this thread *before* ordering hair. :roll: I ordered BH Disco Pink, and LA Trends Off Black, the Disco Pink will not backcomb, and it didn't seal terribly well.
BH disco pink: 3rd from the top.
backcombs well, seals well.

people lately keep listing colours that has no problem at all, this thread is getting confusing for me.

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”