Colours we all hate

leviclementine

Re: Colours we all hate

Post by leviclementine » Sun May 09, 2010 3:44 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:
leviclementine wrote:The bright green KK I got from Pauls Hair World seems to be a b*tch to work with at the moment, grrrr
>:(
Which brand did you buy? I find their usual brand of Jumbo (Sensationelle Braid Now) to be decent quality hair, I just wish the colours were more vivid.
Yeah that's the brand I got, it seems to be quite difficult to seal, and it was harder to backcomb than usual...
However, last time I used it, it worked like a dream...
Yeah, I know what you mean, I wish they were a bit more vivid too!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 09, 2010 5:18 pm

leviclementine wrote:
woolhairhabit wrote:
leviclementine wrote:The bright green KK I got from Pauls Hair World seems to be a b*tch to work with at the moment, grrrr
>:(
Which brand did you buy? I find their usual brand of Jumbo (Sensationelle Braid Now) to be decent quality hair, I just wish the colours were more vivid.
Yeah that's the brand I got, it seems to be quite difficult to seal, and it was harder to backcomb than usual...
However, last time I used it, it worked like a dream...
Yeah, I know what you mean, I wish they were a bit more vivid too!
You may have gotten Braid Too (100% Synthetic/PP) by accident. Paul's Hair World have been known to do that.

leviclementine

Post by leviclementine » Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote: You may have gotten Braid Too (100% Synthetic/PP) by accident. Paul's Hair World have been known to do that.
Oh :-S
It does say Sensationelle Braid Now on the packet though, and it says the hair is 100% KK
I've never had a problem with it until now, it's taking a lot of effort to seal and the dreads keep unravelling
Pretty colour though

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 09, 2010 6:50 pm

leviclementine wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote: You may have gotten Braid Too (100% Synthetic/PP) by accident. Paul's Hair World have been known to do that.
Oh :-S
It does say Sensationelle Braid Now on the packet though, and it says the hair is 100% KK
I've never had a problem with it until now, it's taking a lot of effort to seal and the dreads keep unravelling
Pretty colour though
Just sounds like a sh*tty batch then :)
Normally Sensationnel is awesome to work with.

leviclementine

Post by leviclementine » Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Just sounds like a sh*tty batch then :)
Normally Sensationnel is awesome to work with.
Yah must be D:
Yeh it's usually brilliant
Nearly finished the dreads though, even though they were a b*tch to make they look yummy :3

PinkMinx

Post by PinkMinx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am

Anyone had bad experiences from hair ordered from ikickshins or doctoredlocks??

I usually buy from buyhair..but am looking for more matt textures and buyhairs are mostly shiny!
=S
So hard being in Australia too, pricing and shipping is a bitch.
I think ill buy my pinks from Afrocare...anyone had bad experiences with afrocares Cerise pink, Baby pink & neon pink??
**...PiXiE of the Hills...**

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 am

PinkMinx wrote:Anyone had bad experiences from hair ordered from ikickshins or doctoredlocks??

I usually buy from buyhair..but am looking for more matt textures and buyhairs are mostly shiny!
=S
So hard being in Australia too, pricing and shipping is a bitch.
I think ill buy my pinks from Afrocare...anyone had bad experiences with afrocares Cerise pink, Baby pink & neon pink??
I Kick Shins is fantastic, no bad word against her, as is Cypherlox, Doc is good too, but they don't ship priority (so even a small order costs $$$ in shipping). They all have different perks :) I Kick Shins has as many colours as Afrocare and Buy Hair, Cypherlox has tonnes of cyber materials and most KK colours, whilst Doc is great for other hair extension supplies. I love all of them really!

And yes, shipping to Australia is a b*tch, but hey, it's cheaper than buying from local stores (that have next to no colours). UK is alright to buy from, if you're willing to spend.

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am

PinkMinx wrote: I think ill buy my pinks from Afrocare...anyone had bad experiences with afrocares Cerise pink, Baby pink & neon pink??
they are all very good quality.

PinkMinx

Post by PinkMinx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:16 am

Oh awesome! Thanks you both heaps for your advice! =)

Do you know if ikickshins stocks matte or shiny textured hair?

Also with afrocares site, are they matte?

well i guess most importantly, i would want the 3 shades of pink to be matte!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 am

PinkMinx wrote:Oh awesome! Thanks you both heaps for your advice! =)

Do you know if ikickshins stocks matte or shiny textured hair?

Also with afrocares site, are they matte?

well i guess most importantly, i would want the 3 shades of pink to be matte!
IKS is matte to boot. She stocks different brands of hair and only has a few of her own line.

PinkMinx

Post by PinkMinx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 am

RAD! =) Thanks heaps RivetLicker! Good to see another Aussie on here! =)

Looks like ill be going with IKS then!
Um u dont happen to have picks of the 4 shades of pink from IKS do you?

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 am

PinkMinx wrote:RAD! =) Thanks heaps RivetLicker! Good to see another Aussie on here! =)

Looks like ill be going with IKS then!
Um u dont happen to have picks of the 4 shades of pink from IKS do you?
I have samples of most of the pink shades on the US market, BUT, they are from Cypherlox.com, but they both carry some of the same brands of hair, so same colours.

I know a few shades are exactly the same, but I would say that the IKS colour chart is pretty damn true to life accurate!

From L-R: Red UV, Neon Magenta, Cherry Red (Silky), Hot Pink, Cypherlox "Pink" (more of a salmony kinda pink).

Baby pink.

I know the Cypherlox pink (it's actually pink by Janet Collection) looks like the baby pink, but the Cypherlox pink is a lot darker.

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

ANNloses wrote:So, it's just the Fantasy Turquoise that's hard to work with? Is the funky turquoise okay?
The Funky Turquoise is absolutley fine,
great for backcombing, and fine for sealing,
it's the colour I'm using now.

I've found that Buy Hair's Fantasy Colour's tend to suck.
Cherry Red is the only one I've found that doesn't.

The Fantasy Baby Blue, is absolutley awful.
The last time I got it, it was crisp and crunchy... extremley hard to backcomb and hard to seal!

I would definitley reccommend staying with the Funky Colours
:)
xx

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Most of the Black's I've got from Buy Hair, break really easily, and it just feels like super damaged hair.....Doesn't all stick together when backcombed, there's lots of spaces..

Hard to explain, but it's a lot more of a different experience backcombing black, than with any coloured hair...

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:33 pm

PinkMinx wrote:Do you know if ikickshins stocks matte or shiny textured hair?
I know this is a bit late, but I'm definitely another vote for IKS. She's got a huge selection of both shiny and matte colors, the chart has been dean on EVERY single time, and after ordering well over $1000 work of KK in the last year alone I've never been let down. Feel free to ask her any of your questions, her customer service is second to none. There have been a few colors that are trickier than others, but I've tried almost all of them and have been able to beat them all in to submission with a little added elbow grease.

DoctoredLocks has always been fantastic too, but the selection for KK is lacking. They're the BEST for other types of extension supplies though!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

PinkMinx

Post by PinkMinx » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 am

Thank you again RivetLicker! =)

One more question though, the hot pink, in person does that look like a kind of musk pink?

Also thank you Atomic for the added praise for IKS im definately going to buy from her this time, i worked out its tonnes cheaper than buyhair!
Im just hoping the shades of pink i want are all matte! Im going to email her and ask!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 am

They are ALL matte. BH get their own line of hair manufactured and it's all shiny crap.

The hot/neon pink is rather bright and pretty. I'll find a better pic.

Tessie

Post by Tessie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote: From L-R: Red UV, Neon Magenta, Cherry Red (Silky), Hot Pink, Cypherlox "Pink" (more of a salmony kinda pink).
Is this Cherry Red anything like Buyhair's Cherry Red? I'm thinking of buying 10 packs from Buyhair, but I still can't be sure how the color acctually looks like.

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Tessie wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote: From L-R: Red UV, Neon Magenta, Cherry Red (Silky), Hot Pink, Cypherlox "Pink" (more of a salmony kinda pink).
Is this Cherry Red anything like Buyhair's Cherry Red? I'm thinking of buying 10 packs from Buyhair, but I still can't be sure how the color acctually looks like.
The Buy Hair's Cherry Red, isn't actually a Red, the colour chart picture looks completley different from what you get. It's basically fuschia pink and red fibres blended together...http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8412_n.jpg.

The pinky colour seen in this photo is the Cherry Red from Buy Hair... xxx

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 pm

The cherry red silky is also known as deep cherry. Cypherlox, ikickshins and I think doc carries it too.

Tessie

Post by Tessie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 pm

So, it's not something like that ( I'm sorry for using that link, I hope nobody minds):
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9733&hilit=cherry+red+show

Because it looks red enough... but if it's pink..? Sorry for posting this here, but I thought since I'm already asking 'bout the colors...

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Tessie wrote:So, it's not something like that ( I'm sorry for using that link, I hope nobody minds):
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9733&hilit=cherry+red+show

Because it looks red enough... but if it's pink..? Sorry for posting this here, but I thought since I'm already asking 'bout the colors...

it is buyhairs cherry red. but the pics are photoshopped a bit... you should try their ruby red. its a really nice shade and good quality. (the swatch on their site is crap, in reality its darker.)

Tessie

Post by Tessie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:16 pm

dare2wear, thank you! Finally I decided to go with Ruby red, as you sugested, so I hope it'll be fine. Thanks for all your help, girls. I'm still really new at this :lol:

pixieparadox

Post by pixieparadox » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:51 am

i don't think anyone had mentioned this brand. I don't know who well know it is, but he shops around here seem to only carry unnatural colors in the brand Outre. the yellow seems funny. it feels almost waxy to the touch and knots up really weird. it gets very tight when backcombing. so rather than getting a nice fluffy puff of hair it got very tight and for some reason the middle of the dread feels hallow. it does not feel like KK even though the pack says "100% kanekalon" on it. it did not say silky or anything on it. it feels like those bad wigs you see at the store on halloween. so maybe its cheap synthetic crap. i haven't tried to seal it yet so we'll see what happens. i will update this post when i do.

anyway this is the only color of this brand so far i've had this problem with.

Edit: if you seal with an iron or flat iron it will melt. it might work with a steamer, i do not have one. it seems to work OK with the iron and damp cloth, but seals really tight. you wont get fluffy dreads with this stuff :i3:
"Come with me. Take my hand. I promise you, there's no promise land."

I HAVE A NEW SITE http://www.paradox-designs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixieparadox

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 am

Our Afro shops sell outré in only natural colours. It comes in yaki texture rather than jumbo and it is a bit on the silkier side. It mattes up nicely and seals well with steam though.

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”