Tony Gonzales, who caught 80 or more

lw789

Tony Gonzales, who caught 80 or more

Post by lw789 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:57 am

NEW YORK, N.Y. - A lawyer for a former part-owner of the New York Islanders said his client may try to withdraw his guilty plea after a judge said Wednesday she plans to sentence him to 20 years in prison for participating in a fraud that prosecutors said enabled him to misappropriate more than $50 million for his personal use.Attorney Michael Tremonte abruptly ended a sentencing hearing for 70-year-old Stephen Walsh by asking that Walsh be given time to consider asking to withdraw his plea.Tremonte told U.S. District Judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum in Manhattan that there was not another financial crime even remotely like Walshs that resulted in such a long prison term.The judge gave Walsh until Tuesday to decide whether to try to withdraw his guilty plea. Minutes earlier, the judge had announced that she intended to sentence him to 20 years in prison, drawing gasps from friends and family members.Walsh, of Sands Point, New York, pleaded guilty in April to participating in a fraud from 1996 through February 2009 that cheated institutional investors, including charitable and university foundations, pension and retirement plans.During those years, Walsh operated a securities business with Paul Greenwood of North Salem, Connecticut. The businesses included Greenwich, Connecticut-based WG Trading Co. LP and Westridge Capital Management Inc. in Santa Barbara, California. Greenwood pleaded guilty in 2010 and is awaiting sentencing.As part of his plea, Walsh agreed he would not appeal any sentence up to 20 years in prison.Prosecutors have asked for a significant sentence to deter others, saying Walsh diverted more than $50 million from investors to live lavishly as he helped finance businesses started by his children and paid millions of dollars to his ex-wife.Walsh, who remains free on bail, choked up as he apologized for the fraud, saying he was deeply sorry.Tremonte said his client had worked in finance since the late 1960s and started soliciting investors with the best of intentions. He said 99 per cent of the money originally invested had been recovered.As the lawyer tried to minimize Walshs role, saying he did less than his co-defendant, the judge interrupted him.He certainly had no trouble spending the profits, she said. Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Authentic . Philippe Desrosiers stopped 42 shots through overtime and three more in the shootout to pick up his third shutout of the season for Rimouski (31-15-7). Zachary Fucale made 28 saves for Halifax (34-17-3) in the loss. Cheap MLB Jerseys . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/. - The New England Patriots needed help on defence so they added three experienced players at midseason. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday. Cheap Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys . -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday.The Atlanta Falcons were within one game of the Super Bowl in 2012. In 2013, the team fell well short of lofty expectations with a disappointing 4-12 record. This season, the Falcons will look to prove their first losing season under coach Mike Smith was simply an anomaly and reach the playoffs for the fourth time in the past six years. A key to the Falcons struggles last season were the injuries to wide receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones. White entered the season playing with an injured ankle and proceeded to post his lowest marks in both receptions and receiving yards since 2006, while appearing in 13 games. Jones, one of the best young receivers in the league, was off to a strong start in 2013 - 41 catches for 580 yards - before being sidelined for the season after five games with a foot injury. Now, White and Jones have set high expectations on themselves for the year ahead, setting a goal of 1,500 receiving yards each - which would be an NFL record for a receiving duo. "Were just putting it out there," Jones said in training camp. "I always tell people, every year, I never put goals on myself, because I dont want to limit myself. What I set out to do, Im going to do it, but I dont want to limit myself, because I dont know what Im capable of doing, so I dont want to put an exact number on me. Were just putting that number out there, because we possibly can do that, just because of all the rule changes and everything else." The "rule changes" Jones cited is the leagues initiative to cut down on defensive backs using their hands against wide receivers through an increase in defensive holding and illegal contact penalties. However, Jones main focus when it comes to reaching history with White shhould be on staying healthy.dddddddddddd In three NFL seasons, Jones has played in all 16 of the Falcons regular season games once. Jones career-high in yards is 1,198, while Whites is 1,389. The Falcons premier duo will face less competition for the ball this season, though. Tight end Tony Gonzales, who caught 80 or more passes in each of the past three seasons, retired in the offseason and his replacement - whether it be sophomore Levine Toilolo or veteran Bear Pascoe - has never caught more than 12 passes in a season. The Falcons receiving corps is filled out with slot receiver Harry Douglas, who led the group in catches and yards in 2013, and free agent acquisition Devin Hester. If quarterback Matt Ryans two top targets can stay healthy this season, it wont guarantee 1,500 yards for White and Jones, but it may be key in the Falcons regaining their Super Bowl contender form. Notes: Rookie on Display: After starting left tackle Sam Baker was lost for the season with a knee injury in the preseason, the Falcons made the decision to start their first-round pick, Jake Matthews, at the position. Matthews opened training camp as the starter at right tackle, but will face added pressure protecting the Falcons franchise quarterbacks blindside. Adding Up Front: The Falcons rushing defence ranked second-worst in the league last season, allowing an average of 135.8 yards on the ground per game. In an effort to improve on that mark, the Falcons signed defensive lineman Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson in free agency and drafted RaShede Hageman in the second round of the draft. The team will also benefit from the return of defensive end Kroy Biermann, who missed all but two games last season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”