Flatiron problems? Halp! ***EDIT*** fixed :)

juustojoki

Flatiron problems? Halp! ***EDIT*** fixed :)

Post by juustojoki » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 am

Hey everyone! I decided to make my first set of dreads with the twisting method using a wet towel and a flatiron. After using the flatiron on 220ºF for about an hour or so, it seems to not work anymore :/ My flatiron does go off on its own as a precaution when it's left on for some time, but it was still on when I noticed that it got cooler and cooler (its light "on" was still on), so I know that it's not on safe mode and that it must have something to do with my sealing.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I wet the towel, wring it out, twist the dread, drape the towel over, then use the flatiron in twisting motions and sometimes just have it parallel and flat on the dread (when I get impatient), holding it there for a few seconds each time as I move lower and lower in sections.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Does anyone recommend using the flatiron in a specific to avoid this problem?

Thanks! :3

****EDIT****

I think it's ok now! When it does that, I turn it off for about an hour and it seems to work fine afterwards. Sorry for bothering!
"To set your mind free, you must first just listen. Don't waste your life on worthless hate and contradiction, don't you." - Nevermore, "A future Uncertain"

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”