Steamer for my dreads

MizzToxicNeedles

Steamer for my dreads

Post by MizzToxicNeedles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am

Okay so I didn't really know where to put this.
Ok so I need to get a new steamer I bought one last summer on target it was a bissel steamer and The day I got it i tried to use it and had to return it the next day because the wire I guess had shorts in it I was very upset cause I payed like 39 bucks for it and I haven't had a steamer since 2007.

So anyways I'm thinking of getting one like this a handheld steamer.

Best buy has it for 19.99and I think it's 600 or 660 watts and I was going to get a different one but it was almost 50 but I don't want to spend to much money right now I'm on a budget. And since it Xmas time they drop the price for it on bestbuy.

So I wanted to ask do any of you own a steamer like this or just a conair steamer in general?
Or even Just a mini handheld steamer from a different brand?

If so how well does it work?

I just want to make sure it last me a good amount of months until I get a bigger heavy duty one. I don't want the wire to have shorts like the last one did.

(I also posted this of the Facebook HEF group)
NurseNeedles
[]---{'''''''}{'''''}-->

AnarchoFett

Re: Steamer for my dreads

Post by AnarchoFett » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:17 am

If you're worried about being on a budget there are plenty of other sealing methods to do without a steamer. I've made two sets with the garment iron method and one with the boiling water method and been very happy with each. I assume one of these methods is available to you.
A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having -V

BambooPanda13

Re: Steamer for my dreads

Post by BambooPanda13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 am

Flat iron with wet cloth on top of the dread is how I steam seal and it works great. I got a flat iron on ebay super cheap.

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”