Felted Transitionals - backcombing the extra piece

Sharaya

Felted Transitionals - backcombing the extra piece

Post by Sharaya » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 am

I'm about to start on a set of black to color transitionals and I'm planning on using the felting needle method. I just have one problem. How do I backcomb the extra piece? I was planning on making shorter black se dreads the traditional way and then attaching another back combed piece by felting it to the base dread, similar to how you make splash dreads. I just don't see how I can back comb the extra piece beforehand other then making another dread and then cutting the loop off. Cause that seems like a lot of extra trouble and wasted hair. Anyone have any tips? I could solve the issue by making a dread station as in ikickshins vids but I live in a dorm apt and I really have no room for any kind of set up (which is why I don't make double enders). I'm sure there is an easy solution that I'm just not thinking of so if any of you have tips I'd love to hear them!

Sharaya

Re: Felted Transitionals - backcombing the extra piece

Post by Sharaya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 am

Ah! perfect! Rivetlicker you are an angel. I wouldn't know jack about dreading if it wasn't for you lol. Your videos always address the exact details I'm wondering about.

dreadviolet

Re: Felted Transitionals - backcombing the extra piece

Post by dreadviolet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm

I use the mentioned method, and how I do it is that I first backcomb like a short DE and then cut it from the middle.
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”