in need of some help sealing ends of cut dreads

brookerapozo

in need of some help sealing ends of cut dreads

Post by brookerapozo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Ok so here is my problem a friend of mine made some dreads and they were too long so she decided to shorten them by cutting them a few inches... and now the ends look all loose and blunt. They are a beautiful set and I don't want her to just throw them out how can I fix these ends for her and make them neat and not so blunt now?

Lamie

Re: in need of some help sealing ends of cut dreads

Post by Lamie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:55 am

Ouchie! That's a bummer. :cry: I did something similar with a set I had years ago. I'm pretty new to dreadmaking BUT my theory is that you could unravel and tug at the ends ever so slightly then backcomb them and reseal. Best of luck to you! Let us know how it turns out.

brookerapozo

Post by brookerapozo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

thank you so much ill have to try that ill let u know how it turns out thanks again!

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:05 pm

If you can comb it out some, razor it to remove some of the bulk, the rebackcomb and seal, you may be able to get some decent tapered ends. Good luck!

brookerapozo

Post by brookerapozo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks again! Helped out so much. That actually turned out nice! I put them on eBay hopefully we can get a bit of money from them since I can't put them in since I just went blond haha I would put up a picture back can't figure out how on my phone blahhhh!

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”