Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post Reply
acidlight
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 am

Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by acidlight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:09 am

So lately I've been trying to make these super chunky synthetic dreads. I was inspired by these wigs that were absolutely BEAUTIFUL but I can no longer find them, so :/ I was hoping to get so pointers on how to make them the same way.
Here's the example :
Image

User avatar
VixenSingsBlack
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:11 am

I believe this lady is on Etsy! I thought I saw her wigs just a few days ago... I'll snoop around and report back.

acidlight
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 am

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by acidlight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:13 am

Oh great, thanks ! :D

User avatar
CherryLex
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by CherryLex » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Looks like Pangea Designs, who is on Etsy but sometimes goes on vacations.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PangaeaDesignz
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

User avatar
MrsEss
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by MrsEss » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 pm

looks like big fat dreads, loosely sealed & then some have been braided together.

Interesting look. I don't think they'd last long installed though.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

User avatar
VixenSingsBlack
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:06 pm

CherryLex wrote:Looks like Pangea Designs, who is on Etsy but sometimes goes on vacations.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PangaeaDesignz
Yep, I believe that's her!

User avatar
CherryLex
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by CherryLex » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:34 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:looks like big fat dreads, loosely sealed & then some have been braided together.

Interesting look. I don't think they'd last long installed though.

I've only ever seen her do wigs so I think they'd last ok in that form... at least you're not showering & sleeping in them!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

User avatar
brandalynn
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (USA)

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by brandalynn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

I made a tutorial for really thick, long dreads. Realistically, these are not good for installs. The big dreads are extremely heavy, then imagine the weight once you get them wet in the shower, plus how many you would need for good coverage.... This may be why pangea designs attaches them to a wig. Anyhow, the dreads in the tutorial come out smoother and more uniform because that is how my dreads come out. Yours don't have to be smooth and such, it's all in what your style is. If you don't like the boiling method, steam works just as well.

/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9842
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

User avatar
toxic trish
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: burnley

Re: Can anyone help me outtt? :)

Post by toxic trish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 pm

was watching this over and over today really helped hope to attmept some soon :)
brandalynn wrote:I made a tutorial for really thick, long dreads. Realistically, these are not good for installs. The big dreads are extremely heavy, then imagine the weight once you get them wet in the shower, plus how many you would need for good coverage.... This may be why pangea designs attaches them to a wig. Anyhow, the dreads in the tutorial come out smoother and more uniform because that is how my dreads come out. Yours don't have to be smooth and such, it's all in what your style is. If you don't like the boiling method, steam works just as well.

/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9842
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Post Reply

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests