KK colour comparison chart

convenientlust

Re: KK colour comparison chart

Post by convenientlust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:05 am

Can anybody pin-point this blue?

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:22 am

It's Buyhair baby blue. AlphaBitch has those dreads posted with a description on her website:
http://alphabitch.hu/#gallery
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:17 am

AlphaBitch

Post by AlphaBitch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:29 pm

hey, you an ask me next time, doll! :D

I hope you haven't ordered it yet, cause it's my old Babyblue from Buyhair, ordered bulk for about 3 years ago.
The ones I got last time had "light blue" written on the packages and they are crappy quality, won't seal.

:?

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:00 pm

AlphaBitch wrote:hey, you an ask me next time, doll! :D

I hope you haven't ordered it yet, cause it's my old Babyblue from Buyhair, ordered bulk for about 3 years ago.
The ones I got last time had "light blue" written on the packages and they are crappy quality, won't seal.

:?

the last time i ordered "light blue" (looked this colour on the site) was good quality but the colour was exactly like their funky turquoise. what the fuuuuck! it was only about a week ago. i was soooo pissed off, i sent them an email but no reply yet.

AlphaBitch

Post by AlphaBitch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 pm

woah, getting more complicated.

so first time I ordered jumbo braid baby blue, it was okay.
now I checked that last time I REALLY ordered the one called "light blue" from the jumbo braid section, supposing it's the same stuff as baby blue, as it looked the same and they often re-name shades anyway.
but it's crap.

and now Ivy says the Jumo braid light blue is good quality again, it's just not pale but rather the turquoise colour?
didn't they just run out and they just re-labelled some other blue so they can send you something similar thinking you won't really care?

I seriously wanna know whether they just mess around with labels and quality, re-naming shades, so you cannot be sure what IS a colour like at the moment, no matter how many times you've ordered it before OR they just put any labels on any colours when they out of stock, hoping you won't notice...

there's a Fantasy Baby blue too, anyone knows how it works out?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 pm

The fantasy baby blue is known to be rubbish :| .

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 pm

it was the exact same colour as turquoise but matt.
now they offered me to send it back and they would change it to another pack (of what? - since they dont have this colour...) but whats the point really, postage costs more. and last time i had this problem with them they didnt return the postage (though they say they would in their terms&cond's), i even started a paypal claim but paypal couldnt do anything. damn i hate that shop.

AlphaBitch

Post by AlphaBitch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Thank you Phoenix, for that info!
dare2wear wrote: now they offered me to send it back and they would change it to another pack (of what? - since they dont have this colour...)
but whats the point really, postage costs more.
that's strange indeed, that's why I said maybe they just re-label some packs when they run out of (or short of) certain colours and they only send you the originally required colour if you do a drama about getting the wrong colour. :?:
and as far as I know YOU have to pay for postage if you send anything back even if it's them who sent the wrong item.maybe they have this so you don't feel like sending stuf back..
that sounds kind of paranoid, but really, I got to the point when I can imagine anything about BH business policy. :lol:

anyone else confirms too that fantasy baby blue is crappy?

dare2wear

Post by dare2wear » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

"Please note you will not be entitled to a refund of the shipping costs incurred in returning the product(s) to us unless the product(s) are faulty."

of course its not faulty, but its false advertising.
either way, their CS sucks. ONE time i had some problem with Afrocare, they instantly apologised and sent the right stuff and i got to keep the wrong too. i prefer this approach.

/off.

pinky

Post by pinky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 am

i ordered a wig from cog_marc. would anyone know what color best matches their "silver white"?
i haven't gotten the wig in yet (the plane delays in the NE have slowed down shipping as well >.< ) here's a pic if it'll help

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 am

Dose Black N Gold carry the color velvet kk?
See I want that color but I don't want to buy it online...I wana go to a local store that only carries Black N Gold brand. And so I was wondering if that brand carries it, hopefully my local store has it. If so dose velvet go by any other name or number???

diversityhair

Post by diversityhair » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Doesnt anyone have a list of all the jumbo colours sensationnel do? Ive looked on the website, but ive seen people on here mention alot of colours by them that i cant see on their colour charts.

http://www.diversityhair.co.uk - NEW SITE 20/06/11
Hair Extensions, Hairdressing and Supplies
http://twitter.com/Jenna_Diversity - Twitter for site updates and everything else
http://www.facebook.com/diversityhair - Diversity Hair facebook page for updates on products, photos etc.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

dread_addiction wrote:Dose Black N Gold carry the color velvet kk?
See I want that color but I don't want to buy it online...I wana go to a local store that only carries Black N Gold brand. And so I was wondering if that brand carries it, hopefully my local store has it. If so dose velvet go by any other name or number???
Yes, "velvet" is part of their Silver Braid line.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm

ikickshins wrote:
dread_addiction wrote:Dose Black N Gold carry the color velvet kk?
Yes, "velvet" is part of their Silver Braid line.
Ok thank you...so its just called velvet? No other wacky name or number?

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Yep, they just say "velvet" on them and the packages are silver (not purple/gold like the Classic Braid).

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

AlphaBitch wrote:woah, getting more complicated.

so first time I ordered jumbo braid baby blue, it was okay.
now I checked that last time I REALLY ordered the one called "light blue" from the jumbo braid section, supposing it's the same stuff as baby blue, as it looked the same and they often re-name shades anyway.
but it's crap.

and now Ivy says the Jumo braid light blue is good quality again, it's just not pale but rather the turquoise colour?
didn't they just run out and they just re-labelled some other blue so they can send you something similar thinking you won't really care?

I seriously wanna know whether they just mess around with labels and quality, re-naming shades, so you cannot be sure what IS a colour like at the moment, no matter how many times you've ordered it before OR they just put any labels on any colours when they out of stock, hoping you won't notice...

there's a Fantasy Baby blue too, anyone knows how it works out?
Gah this annoys me to X_X

as to the fantasy baby blue, I find it is okay to backcomb but took me three-four reseals to get it tight enough for my liking, not the worse colour in the world. When I made Naturals with it they turned out great.
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

Sugarfairy

Post by Sugarfairy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:59 pm

dreadviolet wrote:
Antikia wrote:I'm already on that, I have her and dreadviolets color comparison charts open, I'm just wondering what color the fuschia on dreadviolets chart is?
From Jazzy that is.

My comparison photos are now on their own album: http://dreadviolet.com/albumi/kk/

What brand is the purples? Where to get them?

Khymeira

Post by Khymeira » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 am

Heeeeey~

I have a customer who is looking for a kk colour that is similar to these shoes:

http://shop.guess.com/Catalog/View/Wome ... a/GWONELLA

from Sarah's IKS colour chart. Does anyone know what I can do? I was thinking of blending #44 with silver white, but I'm not sure.

Correspondence would be very much appreciated! Thanks! <3

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 am

Sugarfairy wrote:What brand is the purples? Where to get them?
I think those are the afrocare purples.
*boing!*

earthymamawitch

Post by earthymamawitch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Ok I've been looking over the color charts on this thread, and didn't see exactly what I was looking for - forgive me if I missed something though. Anyway, does anyone have pics of IKickShins shades of cherry red, soft red, blood red and deep red, in any combination together, especially next to standard Burgundy, or next to Buyhair's Cherry Red or PH's kirschrot? I'm trying to find a comparable shade that's less shiny than BH's Cherry and less pricey than PH's kirschrot, for some accent dreads.

Thanks!
Jenn
Last edited by earthymamawitch on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pinky

Post by pinky » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:15 pm

second color from the left is IKS cherry red.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't have any BH Cherry Red here, but I've got everything else. I'll take comparison pictures in a few hours when I'm done packing orders :)

earthymamawitch

Post by earthymamawitch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:55 pm

ikickshins wrote:I don't have any BH Cherry Red here, but I've got everything else. I'll take comparison pictures in a few hours when I'm done packing orders :)
Oh thank you sooooo much, that would be soooo helpful!

Jenn
Let me get my hands in your hair!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1560079231
Knotty & Nice All Natural Dread Products http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnottyandNice333

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Sugarfairy wrote: Image

What brand is the purples? Where to get them?
...from left:
1st:Jazzy
2nd:Jazzy (this shade (Purple UV) is probably discontinued from every brand?)
3rd Wigs DeKing,
4th Wigs DeKing

Last mentioned brand is not making KK Jumbo any more, but other brands like LA Trend/Jazzy make shades a bit alike.
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”