Hi new here.

DollfaceZombie

Hi new here.

Post by DollfaceZombie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 am

You can call me doll, dollface, zombie. whatever!

I'm new here, I love dreadfalls, I havent been able to afford to buy a pair [most the ones Ive seen were about 60-80 for one, 100+ for a pair. and that is out of my price range atm]

So I'm here in search of how-to's and tips on making my own falls. I know that Kanekalon jumbo braid is good for beginners [mainly because its cheap and easy to work with]

What is the best and simplest way to seal the falls? I dont have a tea kettle, nor any steam producing items.

But yeah, any beginners how-to links, and tips will be very much appreciated =]

Gracey

Re: Hi new here.

Post by Gracey » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to get you on your way with making your own hairstuffs and to help you with your results. :D

First things first, have a really good long browse of the forum. The Technique and Discussion pages will be a big help, also the Tutorials section is great when getting used to the various terms and techniques. There is an active Hair section in General Natter and the Hair Critique pages are full of people seeking advice when just starting out. :)

Pull up a chair, make a brew and enjoy getting to know the forum. There is loads to look at and very many extremely skilled persons on here, as well as many beginners getting advice on the subjects you have raised. I'm no good at links, sorry :P :oops:

Look forward to seeing you around. ;)
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Elstaro

Post by Elstaro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:58 pm

welcome :i2:
Like woolhairhabit said take a good look around almost any question you could have has been asked and answered somewere on here.
also theres many ways to go about sealing dreads steamer being my perfered method. but if your tight on cash some other things you can try are using a hair staightener w/ washcloth, boiling water, hairdryer, and clothing dryer. just look around the tutorials you will learn so much from there I know I did.
I poo rainbows ^_^

sammu

Post by sammu » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:...Pull up a chair, make a brew and enjoy getting to know the forum.
But how can she make a brew when she says she has no kettle? ;)

Hi and welcome. You'll find a ton of information here to help you make dreads. We're all friendly hairy people so if you have a question that can't be found using Search, ask away. :)

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 am

Welcome :i12:
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

Return to “New to Hair Extensions Forum-archive”