Hey everybody I'm Puppycat

Puppycat

Hey everybody I'm Puppycat

Post by Puppycat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:53 am

I wanted to introduce myself. I do a different kind of hair extension... i make my own Rapunzel braids and double helix braids. If you don't know what I mean (you probably don't cause I don't know anyone else who is doing them) you can see pics here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=29186443. I'm doing synthetic dreads too but they are pretty fluffy. I get my husband to steam them out though... He's pretty good at that . Together we are a good team. I'm new at the dreads and I'm a little embarrassed by the ones I have sold now that I know how to get them good and smooth.. but maybe someone likes them fluffy. I hope. I would like any info you would like to give me on how to improve. I would like to make a living from it but we will see. I want to make better quality so I am re steaming all of the ones I have made already.

Acorn

Re: Hey everybody I'm Puppycat

Post by Acorn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:12 am

hiiiii and welcome. cool braids very unusual.
I bent my wookie!!

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:17 am

Hello there Pupptycat, welcome to the fourm... your braid style is very interesting indeed, is that 3 of 4 strand plaited together?
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Puppycat

Post by Puppycat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am

well the double helix isn't even really a braid at all but a configuration of twists... it is also called the houser braid although I have never called it that. I thought I had made it up until I found out it was called the houser braid... so I don't know who houser is but I guess that person figured it out before me... its a 4 strand reverse twist with a second forward twist... its hard to explain! I would have to show you cause I don't know how to describe it in words! But you are right it is 4 strands. I do other 4 stranded braids and 5 strands and up to 12 strands but I don't do more than 5 usually. I do chain link and angel braids too... also I think I made those up but who knows... I thought I made up the double helix one also and turns out someone named houser did it so braids have been around since the beginning of time so I probably didn't invent any of them :-( Oh well. :-)

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Very cool :)

Return to “New to Hair Extensions Forum-archive”