wanted - how to apply latex make-up tut

pearls

wanted - how to apply latex make-up tut

Post by pearls » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:12 am

I want to buy some latex horn and make up but am trying to find a tut for how to put it on and keep if on for the night... can anyone help me.

Lorny

Re: wanted - how to apply latex make-up tut

Post by Lorny » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 am

So you wanted a horn prosthetic? Well if you buy it it should come with instructions anyway, and there are so many step by steps online.

Basically, you add spirit gum to the thin flaps on the prosthetic, wait a minute to let it go tacky and then plonk it on where you need it. You can apply latex to the joins using a little cotton stick thing to blend the joining mark. This shouldn't come off at all unless you start messing with it.

I don't really know what latex make up is, unless you mean liquid latex? Which isn't really make up anyway... With that, you just apply layer upon layer (adding a bit more as it dries), until you get the thickness you want.

*edit* Grammar. Oh, and if you are using liquid latex on a large area of the body, I seriously recommend using a grease based deep cleanser cream. If you just tear it off it is going to pull your hairs out! Just apply the cream and just keep rubbing and the oils will break down the latex after a few minutes. Oh, and for spirit gum you need spirit gum remover, as you really cannot just tear off a prosthetic. Firstly cuz it will damage it, secondly cuz you'll probably pull your skin off with it... Just use a cotton stick and rub it over the join of the prosthetic, then as it dissolves poke the stick underneath and use it to dissolve more glue as you gently pull the prosthetic from the skin.

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”