Sewing and making own hotpants

Sophrodisiac

Sewing and making own hotpants

Post by Sophrodisiac » Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Well, i have decided that in my love of short shorts i want to make my own ^_^ Using some fun and interesting fabrics.

I have a basic idea, but am not sure quite how to go about this. Alot of the tutorials i've looked for have been for elasticated waist summer style shorts which is really not what i want.

excuse the picture but that kind of things but made out of unstretchy cotton or similar material with a button or similar fastening. ^

I was wondering if anyone knew of a tutorial?
If not, the rough amount of fabric i would need would be helpful (for a size 8).

^_^ many thanks
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

abby_carnage

Re: Sewing and making own hotpants

Post by abby_carnage » Thu May 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I'd recommend buying a pattern, as woven fabrics can be difficult to fit. I'd also like to see a tutorial for shorts :) I've made trousers before which were a little high for my liking, so i'll try and make a tutorial for shorts if we cant find a decent tutorial :) x

Deathwish_

Post by Deathwish_ » Tue May 26, 2009 5:10 pm

I would kill for a hotpants tut also.

The only other thing I can think of is buying a cheap pair and undo-ing them at the seams to get a pattern that way.

BossyLibraryLady

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Tue May 26, 2009 11:40 pm

I went to a costume party as Sally Bowles a few years ago and made my own hotpants out of satin with a teeny bit of stretch in it... I used a pattern for boyleg bikini bottoms (McCall's M3566) 2 or 3 sizes larger than I usually wear and put an invisible zipper in the centre-back seam. There was a little bit of tweaking to get the fit right, but they only took me an hour or so to make and looked damn hot if I say so myself. :)

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”