REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Re: REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Lilinth wrote:bunny or kitty ears...
i can get my head arond the mechanics of masking the ear but i fail at attaching them to a headband in a pretty and non chainsaw maniac way

I have my set of kitty ears that I made like 4 years ago and honestly all that is holding them together is some stretch fabric and safety pins.
It gives mine the grungy look I have always rocked and actually keeps them up aslong as my succubus wings aren't on the head band <_<
But I am facing the facts that mine need a bit of help.

a) I can show you how I pinned mine to keep them up
b)I will eventually post a tut when I have made my new set minus all the pins ^^

Bunny ears on the other hand just ended in epic failure last time I tried.
But it may have been because I tried to use coat hangers XD
I may try again though ^^
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am

alrighty... diamante clothing! well, diamante accents on clothing anyway
im assuming the best way is to glue them on... but what glue to use? will it be ok for using on a bikini?
and where can i get the rinestones etc that i need? preferably online as nowhere around here sells nice things like that :(

Svefn-g-englar

Post by Svefn-g-englar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:06 am

[Phexxie] wrote:alrighty... diamante clothing! well, diamante accents on clothing anyway
im assuming the best way is to glue them on... but what glue to use? will it be ok for using on a bikini?
and where can i get the rinestones etc that i need? preferably online as nowhere around here sells nice things like that :(

you can buy iron on diamante and secure them with fabric glue. Bigger Diamante you can get from a fabric shop ones that you sew on.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:32 pm

[Phexxie] wrote:alrighty... diamante clothing! well, diamante accents on clothing anyway

I have a "hot fix" tool that has special "hot fix" rhinestone deals. They're pretty cheap on ebay. It's basically just a wand that heats up & melts the glue that's on the back of the jewels and affixes them to fabric.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 pm

eyelets
i want to put eyelets into some one my fabrics, but all that happens after i put them in (with primm Vario Pliers) is the material begins to fray and the eyelet falls out. have i missed something here?
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

grittykitty

Post by grittykitty » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 am

I'd like to see some more thorough tutorials on installing SE and DE locks to real dreadlocks. I know there's a post on here somewhere, but I think it'd be helpful to have a topic more in depth and maybe with pictures!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:40 am

Squidgy wrote:I would love a tut on making poi.. something I have always wanted to do!!!
I used to make and sell my own poi using rip stop nylon, tennis balls and fishing swivels - they work really well. I'll work on a tut and put it up here :)

practise poi with long socks and tennis balls are dead easy as well (as someone mentioned I think)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

harlequin

Post by harlequin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:41 am

[Phexxie] wrote:id like some tutorials or just any general info on making latex clothing (skirts, dresses, tops etc) if anyone has any experience with it :)
i make latex clothing, i'll pop some tuts up when i get a chance to write some :)

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 pm

[[Violet.Nightmare]] wrote:eyelets
i want to put eyelets into some one my fabrics, but all that happens after i put them in (with primm Vario Pliers) is the material begins to fray and the eyelet falls out. have i missed something here?
have you tried making a hole first and putting the eyelets through it or are you using the eyelet itself to puncture the material?
/emmy x

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 pm

im making the hole first

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:37 pm

maybe put a little extra square of fabric on the back of the fabric to extra reinforce it?
/emmy x

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:19 pm

ill try that thanks :D

harlequin

Post by harlequin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:16 am

this may be a bit of a crude method, but after you punch the hole maybe plue around the edge of it to stop the fraying? then when its dry carry on as you would normally.

moosiefeltfelt

Wanted- tutu tutorial

Post by moosiefeltfelt » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

would love a tutu tutorial as i brpught sum elastic and mesh and wot i had in mind ddint really work help please
roll, roll, roll, the roving make the feltie dreads
hang em up n dry em out
and get a woolie head

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:31 am

[[Violet.Nightmare]] wrote:eyelets
You have to double up the fabric, and it also helps to use iron on interfacing, which you can get in different weights. I hate putting eyelets in by hand myself, but you can buy eyelet tape which is pretty neat :) x

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm

abby_carnage wrote:You have to double up the fabric, and it also helps to use iron on interfacing, which you can get in different weights. I hate putting eyelets in by hand myself, but you can buy eyelet tape which is pretty neat :) x
theyd be perfect for anything but m corset project at the moment! im experimenting with front lacing and it would ruin the image a little ;)

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:56 pm

a tulle bustle belt? preferably without the need for a sewing machine as i dont have one anymore
like the ones on ebay, but better as some of those look very messy, like they have been thrown together in five minutes

and a sticky up bit on top... erm... *finds pic*

like this :D - (pics nicked from ebay)
but coming around the sides a little more as this seems to just be at the back

i can imagine its not the hardest thing to do in the world as it is just a load of bunched up tulle really... i suspect i have just answered my own question... but im crap with making my own clothes and such
i dont want to buy one as i can get the tulle far cheaper lol

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm

[Phexxie] wrote:a tulle bustle belt? preferably without the need for a sewing machine as i dont have one anymore
like the ones on ebay, but better as some of those look very messy, like they have been thrown together in five minutes

and a sticky up bit on top... erm... *finds pic*

like this :D - (pics nicked from ebay)
but coming around the sides a little more as this seems to just be at the back
I haven't got any tulle atm to do a tutorial, but what you can do to acheive this look is:
- Take a length of elastic to suit your waist, cut and tie to create a band around your waist
-cut your tulle into slim length. you need to have basic rectangles. The length should be TWICE the length you want for the bustle, and the width should be how wide you want the sections hanging down.
-Fold the tulle piece in half, and place the top part over the elastic , then pull the bottom ends thro this loop. Do this lots of time on the *bum* part of the elastic. This will create a bustle :)

There are video's on youtube showing this kind of no-sew tutu :) xx

insanityprincess

Post by insanityprincess » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 am

Anyone have any tips for "fake" piercings?

I would like too see how a lipring, or any kind of stud would look before getting one. (I haate pain)
Anyways, I used to oh so crudely bend paperclips to fit around things like my cartlige or my lips and squeeze them to keep them on, so if anyone has any better ideas for those, I would love to hear.

Also, if anyone knows of any kind of skin-safe glue to glue a stud to my labret or something, for one night maybe, that would be cool.

...by stud I mean small piece of metal made by heating up wire and melting it into the tip-of-a-stud-shape.
Can I pay you in AWESOMENESS?

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 pm

insanityprincess wrote:Anyone have any tips for "fake" piercings?

I would like too see how a lipring, or any kind of stud would look before getting one. (I haate pain)
Anyways, I used to oh so crudely bend paperclips to fit around things like my cartlige or my lips and squeeze them to keep them on, so if anyone has any better ideas for those, I would love to hear.

Also, if anyone knows of any kind of skin-safe glue to glue a stud to my labret or something, for one night maybe, that would be cool.

...by stud I mean small piece of metal made by heating up wire and melting it into the tip-of-a-stud-shape.
spirit gum, eyelash adhesive, or any other special effects adhesive will work. there are many many types better than spirit gum, but most people can get a hold of spirit gum very easily
it would probably be easy to use a rhinestone or something, i can't imagine actual solder being any good for this (that's all i can think of for metal that you could melt up)
look in a craft store, maybe there will be some kind of hollow metal stud that is for fabric that you could use for this

for fake piercing rings, why not just buy a super cheap cbr from hot topic or something. you can take the ball out, and squeeze it closed to see what it looks like. a cheapy crappy one should be easy enough to bend like that
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

CandyBubbles

Post by CandyBubbles » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for a simple bow like so:
I've tried many ways, but they never look smooth. And the ends just don't look right (i.e. bulky, not sticking out neatly like the above).

insanityprincess

Post by insanityprincess » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:54 pm

To the above post, I would suggest something plasticky/something that will stay in place and be very careful as you sew bits to keep em in place, or glue, on some pieces of fabric on the back.
(sorry I'm not a pro)

Also Tutorial Request - Beads onto dreads.
I have real dreaddies, and I was looking for tips on putting wooden beads into my hair~
Thanks hon's
Can I pay you in AWESOMENESS?

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:22 pm

insanityprincess wrote:To the above post, I would suggest something plasticky/something that will stay in place and be very careful as you sew bits to keep em in place, or glue, on some pieces of fabric on the back.
(sorry I'm not a pro)

Also Tutorial Request - Beads onto dreads.
I have real dreaddies, and I was looking for tips on putting wooden beads into my hair~
Thanks hon's

In my exp with beading hair you want beads a little smaller than the thickest part of the dread and just wedge them up as high as possible.

But then again thats just me :D
Psylita Sukkubus

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Photoshop! I'm pretty sure Claire's sell fake piercing jewellery if not.. You used to be able to get rings where part of it would spring back, I can't explain it very well, but they were pretty good for freaking out parents if nothing else :lol:

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:49 pm

I just use curved barbells in 16 and 18 g and hook them on my lips for things like photoshoots, they will wiggle if you play with them too much.

When I was younger we would bend pieces of paperclips into fake lip rings and there were even dollar stores that sold fake rings XD

Always keep your eyes open ^^
Psylita Sukkubus

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”