REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

VixenSingsBlack

REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Hello all! I stickied this thread so this can be the place where people make a request for a tutorial. That way, only completed tutorials are in the main section of this area. So, ask away about where to find tutorials or to ask the community at large to supply tutorials.

Thanks ladies and gents!

~Emily

I will slowly be moving all the requests for tutorials from this section into this thread. So if your post has disappeared, it's now in here. Hopefully I'll have time to either find tuts from internet sources to provide to people or maybe even make some.

Miss_Panda

Re: REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:06 pm

can these be hair related? or is it just for other things?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 pm

id like some tutorials or just any general info on making latex clothing (skirts, dresses, tops etc) if anyone has any experience with it :)

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 am

This is for "Everything Else" as the title suggests. If you need hair specific advice, then visit one of the Technique and Discussion sections and ask there. Here's the link viewforum.php?f=59
:)

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

ooo oki ^^
i kno MissAnthropik is making one i want, just waiting for her to put it up :D

i'd love some tutorials for -

clothes making such as:
Jackets
tops
Skirts
trousers a big one i want (kick flare)

Plushies!

thats all i can think of for now

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:ooo oki ^^
i kno MissAnthropik is making one i want, just waiting for her to put it up :D

i'd love some tutorials for -

clothes making such as:
Jackets
tops
Skirts
trousers a big one i want (kick flare)

Plushies!

thats all i can think of for now
go to craftster!!!!!!
http://www.craftster.org/

for big flare trousers id suggest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6p7xkFXW4
I bent my wookie!!

Cait Annihilate

Post by Cait Annihilate » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 pm

this might not be a tut, maybe a faq, or both combined? lol, anyways....

i have this horrible habit when i do my makeup of using one kind of brush for eyeshadow and cant get good blends when i apply my makeup wet.
i guess what i'm asking is if one of you girls on here have some makeup skills and know your way around your makeup brushes if you could give me a run down of what brush is best for what. and pictures of that if possible. i want to get some nice brushes but am overwhelmed when it comes down to picking out which ones are gonna be best for me and can't see myself wasting money on brushes that just aren't for me.

sammu

Post by sammu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Halterneck construction that actually works for a complete noob? I find myself having too much loose material in the back.
Last edited by sammu on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:Clip-in hawk pieces. I'm not looking to sell, just to make for my own personal benefit for when I get my hawk on Friday. :)
DITTO
I bent my wookie!!

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 am

Never mind...

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 pm

i have a skirt and it's about half a inch to small..not quite sure why as i normally get that size and it fits me fine, it's just this one skirt :| so any tips you can give me for what to do? i can't return it as it was from the US + will cost money to send it back and it's just work out too expensive in the end :(

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:i have a skirt and it's about half a inch to small..not quite sure why as i normally get that size and it fits me fine, it's just this one skirt :| so any tips you can give me for what to do? i can't return it as it was from the US + will cost money to send it back and it's just work out too expensive in the end :(
ive had this problem and i fixed it myself :)
if you like, i can try and explain it with diagrams and stuff? i dont have any skirts that need fixing right now so itll be a drawn tutorial, dont worry though its really quite easy to do, only involves a little bit of sewing really

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 am

Anyone interested in a tutorial about how to turn tshirts into purses? I've got a nice, simple method that I made up myself. No specific sewing knowledge would be needed.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:06 pm

[Phexxie] wrote:
Miss_Panda wrote:i have a skirt and it's about half a inch to small..not quite sure why as i normally get that size and it fits me fine, it's just this one skirt :| so any tips you can give me for what to do? i can't return it as it was from the US + will cost money to send it back and it's just work out too expensive in the end :(
ive had this problem and i fixed it myself :)
if you like, i can try and explain it with diagrams and stuff? i dont have any skirts that need fixing right now so itll be a drawn tutorial, dont worry though its really quite easy to do, only involves a little bit of sewing really
yes please hun ^^ thats would be great!

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:48 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:...

Halterneck construction that actually works for a complete noob? I find myself having too much loose material in the back.
http://whatthecraft.com/tuts/nshalter.htm

infact anyone new ~(or improvers ;)) to sewing should visit here,....

http://whatthecraft.com/tutorials.php
I bent my wookie!!

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 pm

[Phexxie] wrote:id like some tutorials or just any general info on making latex clothing (skirts, dresses, tops etc) if anyone has any experience with it :)
Sorry if you already know but get a teflon foot or dust the latex with talc because otherwise the fabric sticks and makes a right blummin mess :P
Also you have to sew it right first time as the holes are permenantly peirced unlike cottons. Of course you can leave the pierced holes if you like but I personally don't like them.

Oh and a wide stitch setting as a small one will perferate the latex like say the push out things on Macdonalds kids boxes and it will just rip :(

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sat May 02, 2009 3:52 pm

kezerb wrote:
[Phexxie] wrote:id like some tutorials or just any general info on making latex clothing (skirts, dresses, tops etc) if anyone has any experience with it :)
Sorry if you already know but get a teflon foot or dust the latex with talc because otherwise the fabric sticks and makes a right blummin mess :P
Also you have to sew it right first time as the holes are permenantly peirced unlike cottons. Of course you can leave the pierced holes if you like but I personally don't like them.

Oh and a wide stitch setting as a small one will perferate the latex like say the push out things on Macdonalds kids boxes and it will just rip :(
better to use glue
theres a really good book by *checks shelf* sian kate mooney, its the gluing things well that gets me every time
/emmy x

ViolentDelights

Post by ViolentDelights » Sun May 03, 2009 6:22 am

I would LOVE a tutorial on making hoop skirts.

Also, I know this is random but a tutorial on making insect/bug displays if there are any. ( Yeah I know Im a little wierd wanting dead bugs hanging on my ways but they fascinate me ).

Thanks everyone :D

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed May 06, 2009 5:25 am

Seikyo requests:

Yes . . . I am looking for a tutorial on how to make Multi-colored fur leggings - Boot covers - Legwarmers . . . How ever you like to call them :lol:

Like the black and white ones TRIPLESIX . . . only something in a different colors .
- Not trying to copy her or anything . lol . Just wanna make some for a rave .

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 am

VixenSingsBlack wrote:Seikyo requests:

Yes . . . I am looking for a tutorial on how to make Multi-colored fur leggings - Boot covers - Legwarmers . . . How ever you like to call them :lol:

Like the black and white ones TRIPLESIX . . . only something in a different colors .
- Not trying to copy her or anything . lol . Just wanna make some for a rave .
do you want to dye the hair yourself? if so get a few packs of dylon and a couple of yards of white monster fur!
otherwise simply buy rainbow fur and follow basic boot cover instructions, try ebay for some long pile multi fur
I bent my wookie!!

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 am

bunny or kitty ears...
i can get my head arond the mechanics of masking the ear but i fail at attaching them to a headband in a pretty and non chainsaw maniac way
/emmy x

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Mon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm

I would love a tut on making poi.. something I have always wanted to do!!!
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Squidgy wrote:I would love a tut on making poi.. something I have always wanted to do!!!
hi sweets, if your starting off just get some mid length socks and put some rice in palstic bags (knot the top) these are fab for beginners as you totally avoid bruising!!!
I bent my wookie!!

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 pm

i'm ordering some latex so once i've messed up my first gazillion attempts (which i will) if i make something good i'll post up a little tutorial
was thinking a basic mini kinda thing
/emmy x

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sun May 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Lilinth wrote:i'm ordering some latex so once i've messed up my first gazillion attempts (which i will) if i make something good i'll post up a little tutorial
was thinking a basic mini kinda thing
that would be fab :)
im hoping to eventually make dresses and the like so a skirt is probably a good idea for a first go

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”