Finger waves ?

lavieenrose

Finger waves ?

Post by lavieenrose » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Hey there,

i wondered:

is it possible to do finger waves to ones own head? I've looked it up on you tube and there are various people trying to show 'how to' but i wanted to hear from anyone here who may have some tricks or suggestions. Its not easy to do on my own head!

What type of product would be best for this type of styling?

I've seen clip like things on line that you can 'set' in your hair to give the finger waves look.

http://www.victorianalady.com/images/22 ... a_1920.JPG

Have any of you tried those? If so, did you like or dislike?

I just love the variations of this look! http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/ ... 00X400.jpg

so sassy!!!!

btw: if any readers are good with blond toners please visit the colouring thread and help me out: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5018

thank you sooo much!

Tracy

Couture_Coiffure

Re: Finger waves ?

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:24 pm

I would believe so. I used to rock these in cosmo school, and it wasn't very easy on a plastic doll head with ears that you can't bend. >.<

I have not tried doing this to my whole head, but used to put small waves in my fringe. [No photos I'm afraid.] It's very important the hair be *wet* and that you are using some sort of gel. Would also suggest using more conditioner than usual when washing hair prior to styling. Have not used those combs you posted a link to so cannot offer any experience with those.

You can also use pin curls to form the same shape and for curls.

The only other thing I can say is that it might take much practice with trial and error before you get the look you're after, but keep trying. ;)
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

lavieenrose

Post by lavieenrose » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Couture Coiffure,
thanks for the advice, ... ill just keep practising! i like pin curls too...
wasnt sure if i should use the typical hair gel or some other fancy fantangled product they have out there now adays LOL.

i just wish i had an extra set of arms ...or a detachable head and ears ! haha!

thanks alot,

Tracy

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:11 pm

They had us use setting lotion in school, but I found it to be really slimy and smelly. I switched to gel b/c I liked it better. I don't remember the name of it, but it came in different colors depending on the strength of the hold. You want solid waves, but not impossible to comb out b/c then you'll just wind up destroying all your hard work.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”