eyebrow dye

Svefn-g-englar

eyebrow dye

Post by Svefn-g-englar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Well I grew my eyebrows back but they are kinda blonde and my hair is black :[ drawing over them is ok but I want them to be black too! :D

can I dye them with henna?

Thanks!

nekro-ish

Re: eyebrow dye

Post by nekro-ish » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:03 pm

You can buy eyebrow dye in stories which carries cosmetics. I'd recommend going for that rather than having a go at henna.

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Most hair and beauty suppliers sell eyebrow/ eyelash dying kits and they come in colours such as bown, black, blueblack. You wll need to buy a small bottle of peroxide and a dappen dish to mix them in, all in all about £10 but will last for ages.. and then voila.. tinted eyebrows!!
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 am

You can get them tinted at a salon as well. Not sure about prices but over here getting them tinted is about $10 whereas doing them yourself is $15... I'd recommend a dark brown instead of black because it'll look less harsh on your face.
More human than human

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 pm

you can get kits from boots, at my local they're near all the falso nails, tweezers, etc. i wouldn't recommend putting peroxide on then though :shock:

dark brown will be dark enough too :)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 pm

I dyed my eyebrows with leftover hairdye which isn't a sensible idea at all. Don't do it, I could of blinded myself.

But I now have black/greyish eyebrows :)

As for the debate of whether black or brown eyebrows is better for black haired people....I really don't think it matters much, if you want a slightly unnatural look (which I am assuming you are since you're drawing your eyebrows in black already) go for black dye. Also, on some people (me for one) brown eyebrows and black hair looks EXTREMELY weird.

Svefn-g-englar

Post by Svefn-g-englar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am

I found a dye for both eyebrows and lashes in Boots :]

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 pm

I use the "30 day mascara" dye kit which is basically permanent dye with very low volume peroxide - presumable the only reason it's 30 days is that your lases/eyebrows have grown out by that point!

However I do also mix up small amounts of regular permanent black hair dye to do my eyebrows, never had a problem with it, I'm always very careful to not get it in my eyes though!

As for colourings, well I bleach my hair blonde and dye my brows black, and I think it looks fine! I looked odder with blonde hair and ginger eyebrows lol

BloodHoney

Post by BloodHoney » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:56 pm

I am a natural light blonde who dyes her eyebrows black using a kit specifically for brows and lashes that I picked up at Sally's. I love it, but have learned NOT to get it on my skin. For days I looked like I scribbled on my forehead with a Sharpee.
Website? Yup, I have one of those! www.bloodhoney.net

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”