Lush lovers unite

ShadowThrone

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 am

I saw about this on Lush's facebook, I was so close to ordering some stuff online a couple of weeks ago because we don't have the valentines products here yet, so glad I didn't now. I'll just have to be patient for them :lol:

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I've got a horrid coldy thing and enjoyed the last of my Christmas Eve this morning- Made me feel sooo much better. :) I'm lovely and relaxed now.
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Finally I tried Its raining men :D its a bit more orangey smelling than the soap at first, but very yummy. HIWTK is my favourite soap though!

I've just been on the new Lush uk website, and there seems to be a lot more perfumes! Some sound really good, has anyone tried them? :)

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:30 pm

they are the Bnever fragrances :)

i like:

ginger

tuca tuca and vanillary are ok too

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:34 pm

I am really interested in the skin tints, namely the pink one, Silk Stockings. Has anyone tried these? I have some very pale scarring over the tops of my shoulders from chicken pox as a child which is invisible if I apply fake tan however I'd like to keep my natural paleness and just even out my skintone, will this be of any use?
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I think Silk Stockings would be great for that. I had some roller derby bruises on my legs last summer and whilst it didn't cover them completely, it definitely made them look less brutal and the sheen sort of reflected the light away from them. Go into a store and give it a try!
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 am

i have just put my calacas and twilight forum gels on ebay, inbetween ordering and delivery unfortunatey things here have changed that i really cant justify spending £30 on shower gel :oops: ive also put some ghost gel on too if anyone is interested. i know i will regret selling them but i have vets bills to pay :?

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 am

Have yours arrived then!? I'm still waiting for mine, but hopefully it won't be long if you've had yours!

Sorry to hear you're having money trouble :(

depechemaid

Post by depechemaid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Still waiting for mine too, very excited to try them! X
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!

http://www.misswoowoo.tumblr.com

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Oooh, so I won a flower from Lush Middlesbrough. I went to collect it the other day (I thought it was a bath bomb flower thing)

Here is a pic of Seth holding it:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Nice one Sarah! Is that an entire soap truckle?!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice one! 13 is a beautiful soap, we couldn't give ours away unfortunately as it melted in the window! :/
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Wow congratulations with the beautiful price! :i2:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 am

I went to my first VIP night at Lush last night! It was so fun.
It was a GREEN theme night. I wore green and I got a huge hunk of Love Birds soap upon walking in! We got a bingo card and we could win free stuff for filling out lines (lucky dip). I won Dark Angels and a Bathos Bubble Bar after filling out a line by buying a naked product, doing a green quiz, bringing my own bag and bringing my own container. I gave the Dark Angels to a friend with a suitable skin type. Josey (our dairy girl) popped in and make the Cupcake mask from scratch! Super fresh. I also gave that to the same friend. There were quizzes and games!
What I bought:
Seanik Solid Shampoo
Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
The Sacred Truth
The manager also gave me a bar of Demon In The Dark soap.
There were also vegan snacks, cupcakes, fruit kebabs and yummy drinks!
It was a hella fun night!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 pm

That does sound really fun :D

I have some new Sweetie Pie and the Vanilla Puff Powder, so yummy!

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Just wanted to add the catastrophe cosmetic face mask is awesome.

zaea

Post by zaea » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm

I use the Ayesha (I think that is how it's spelled) face mask and love it. Definitely gives firming results, and quick! I also use the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser/exfoliant.

I just discovered Lush not too long ago. I will say the Rehab shampoo has done wonderful things to my hair when it is not in dreads.

The American cream conditioner smells soooooo good, the only downside of it is my cats really like it so I get harassed all day x_x

I've been using Ultrabalm to try and get rid of a bad eczema patch underneath the waterline on my right eye. So far it seems to be helping.

I've also bought the Little Green Bag and have used everything but the shampoo and conditioner bars. [somehow I think that would be difficult to use with dreads in] I will definitely be getting more of the Sea Vegetable soap and the Each Peach massage bars. The sugar scrub I've already had before and loved it!

My fiance uses the dirty springwash for body wash/shampoo and I've gotten him addicted to the sugar scrubs and foot scrubs. He comes home from work covered in coal and it needs to be scrubbed out, and his feet get terrible callouses on them. >>

I also have two other massage bars, Mange Too and another one I can't remember the name of and it isn't listed on the site. :c

Lush is win.

I want to get some Ocean Salt, I got samples of it and not only does it last FOREVER, it works really well! I am also considering buying Vanishing Cream, and the Creamed Almond and Coconut shower smoothie.

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Vanishing cream is the moisturiser I use. It lasts ages and is fab so I don't mind spending the £16 quid it costs :) Although it did only use to cost £12!
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 pm

I umm, have posted my collection on the Lush AU/NZ forums... I've become a bit... Obsessed, no?
ADDED NEW: 31/7/11
I'm still a newbie at Lush :P NOT ANYMORE!
My skin type is dry and slightly sensitive. I sometimes get pimples (like most people) and blackheads on my face and mild eczema on my body (thank goodness, never on my face!). I have yet to find any Lush products that give me allergic reactions :)

Full products:
Angels On Bare Skin - 5/5 - Super gentle and reviving cleanser, good for my skin. I'm already up to my third tub!
Breath Of Fresh Air - 4/5 - Makes moisturiser go on easier, smells great, tightens my skin a bit.
Cosmetic Lad - 5/5 - I know I'm a girl, but this moisturiser is perfect for me. Non-greasy and keeps my skin hydrated for literally days. It lasts ages too. I still have what I bought in november :O
Solid Perfume "Lust" - 4/5 - Smells great, lasts ages on the skin, but because I'm so fair, I get red dots where ever I put it! :lol:
Wiccy Magic Massage Bar - 3/5 - The aduki beans make for a nice massage ;) Mum and dad hate the smell, however :(
Each Peach Massage Bar - 4/5 - Leaves me smelling great! Does feel greasy at first, but once soaked in, feels soft.
H'saun Wen Hua - 4/5 - Makes my hair soft as, soothes the scalp but strips out my neon orange hair colour. I do tolerate the smell, but I'm not fond of it.
None Of Your Beeswax - 5/5 - Perfect lip balm for everyday use. Smells great. Have had chapped lips as of late, they are now completely healed!

Samples:
Coal Face Cleanser - 3/5 - Dries my skin out a bit, but helps get rid of the crap that accumulates on my face though haha. Edit: REMOVES MAKEUP REALLY WELL.
Noubar Soap - 5/5 - Doesn't dry out my skin, gets rid of cigarette smell quite easily too.
Coolaulin - 2/5 - Wasn't moisturising enough for my hair :(
Snow Fairy - 2/5 - Not my cup of tea. Too heavily scented.
Charlotte Island - N/A - Haven't tried it yet as I'm not into bronzers. Smells really good though!
Tiny Hands - 4/5 - Extremely softening. A huge thanks to Izzie at Lush Bondi Junction for the hand massage!

NEW STUFF!!!

Lush QVB Green VIP night haul:
Green theme gift:
Lovebirds Soap - N/A - Yet to try.

Bought for the first time:
Seanik solid shampoo 2/5 - Cleans my hair a little too well and matts it up a fair bit, takes a lot of conditioner to smooth it out.
Sweetie Pie shower jelly - 5/5 - I love the smell and feeling of it. At first, I unfortunately thought I was reacting badly to it when I started getting rashes around the outside of my new tattoo, but it has all healed, so I know it's not from this. *Relief*
The Sacred Truth - 3/5 - Felt relaxing, tightened the skin up a bit.

Lucky dip prizes for bingo:
Dark Angels - N/A - Not for my skin type, but I gave it to a friend who absolutely loves it!
Bathos Bubble Bar - 4/5 - I don't fit into my bathtub, so broke off a piece and chucked it into a small tub for a pedicure.

Samples:
Cupcake - N/A - Made fresh in store by Josey! It's not for my skin type, so I gave it to the same friend of whom I gave Dark Angels to.
Demon In The Dark Soap - N/A - Yet to try.

Christmas in July haul:
Christmas in July theme gift:
Good Karma box with Karma Soap and Happy Hippy shower gel. Have yet to try either.

Restocked on:
Cosmetic Lad (it works!)

Bought for the first time:
Oatfix fresh mask - 4/5 - Used it as soon as I got home, felt like breakfast on my face! Very nutritious. Doesn't taste too good though, lol.
Full of Grace - 5/5 - This is the best stuff I have ever used, kudos to Pablo for using it in my facial at the Green VIP night!
Maple Taffy - 3/5 - I really, really like the smell! I love pancakes. NOM.

Misc:
Massage Bar Tin (smallest tin in stock)

Samples:
Glogg - N/A - Yet to try.
American Cream - N/A - Yet to try.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:05 pm

So er, after staying at Jo's (iamtheparty) house last night I came home with a carrier bag full of various bits and bobs including a bar of Angel's Delight and a Gingerbread House which I am most looking forward to using.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Tonight I'm having a cherry scented bath with the limited edition Batty Cake bubble bar from a while back, and a Happy Blooming bath melt. Then I'm going to smother myself in Skin Sin, a cherry body lotion. I'm going to smell completely edible :)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm

I have another VIP party on wednesday! It's Hanami themed to welcome spring! I hope the staff liked my ideas for cherry/spring themed munchies!
I have a feeling I am going to be spending about $100. Not to mention the 10% off voucher I have, the 5 black pots for a free fresh mask, plus however many samples I'll end up coming home with that night haha.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!

Marshmallowmassacre

Post by Marshmallowmassacre » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 am

I'm a giant fan of the fairy godmother soap that they have just come out with, it smells like marshmallows and is filled with gorgeous purpley glitter! I also just recently bought the twilight and dragons egg bath bombs and was pleasantly surprised when I got to the center of each, they both smelled wonderful. My all time favorite lush product is the bubble bath bar, comforter it makes my bath pink and is all natural so I don't have to worry about it irritating me!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

Monique_marion_may wrote:Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!
I just heard Tuca Tuca was being discontinued :i4:

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”