Lush lovers unite

MissAnthropik

Lush lovers unite

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 am

So, I am going to start the old lush lovers thread from the old HH as I bought some new stuff from lush and thought I would add it to that thread then remembered we didn't have the board :?

So, now we have a new board, I can tell people here, yay!!

So for those who are new the general theme of this thread was what lush stuff do you have? what do you love? experiences with products etc...

I'll start, before yesterday I had:
-aromaco (deodorant)
-herbalism (cleanser)
-honey waffle (soap)
-heavenly bodies (shower butter cream)
-lemslip (shower butter cream)
-gorgeous (moisturiser)
-enchanted eyes (eye cream)
-snow fairy (shower gel)
-egg snog (lip balm)
-flying fix (bath bomb, not used yet, free from LushTown competition)
-guantanamo garden (really it's hubbies, but it makes the house smell so nice we are using it as pot pouri at the moment!)
-hard shampoo bar
-silky underwear (solid perfume)

That's most things, I have some more soaps and bath bombs and bubble bars that I haven't used yet, but I can't remember all their names! Quite a lot are retro lush products, I went a bit mad over them!!
telling it like it is!

MissAnthropik

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 am

So then, on Monday I was feeling a bit glum (well more than a bit but I won't go into that!!), I needed a couple of replacement lush things so I went into town...

Nothing like lush to cheer you up. It does wonders anyway, the gorgeous smells and the excitement of yummy new things, especially if you buy something you haven't used before. So i added to my collection:

-rub rub rub (new shower gel, it's really lovely)
-caca rouge (yes I have finally decided to henna my hair!)
-tea tree water (can't believe it's taken me this long to try this, it;s amazing)
-almond and coconut shower smoothie (not used this one yet)

then because I had spent £20 I got to choose one of the new products for free, so I chose one of the new shower bomb things:
-up the wooden hill emotibomb

then they offered me a sample too!! woo, so I also have:
-the sacred truth face mask

(I also bought some replacement essentials, but they are in my original list)

I got home feeling much happier than when I had left :)
telling it like it is!

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:31 am

I'm not a huge user of Lush, but I do love them. I have the Shimmy Shimmy and Glitter Bug, and I just went through a bar of Sultan of Soap. Then I also had Sex in a Shower! SO GOOD!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 am

I am in the process of switching all of my skin care to them. This is partly because I love their products, but mostly because I love them as a company and want to support them - the fact they don't test on animals and are actively against excessive packaging and the use of substances harmful to the environment.

I had a load of bottles of this and that (don't we all) that I didn't want to waste, so I am using up everything non-lush, and only buying replacements in lush form. Some things got used up quicker than others. Some things are being used up slowly cause I prefer my new lush things, which I really shouldn't have started until I had finished up the old things, lol!

I forgot one earlier as well, I also have ultrabland which I use a make-up remover.

My favouritest ever lush product is flosty gritter bubble bar
telling it like it is!

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:13 am

I agree with you.
Lush is popular not only because they have irresistable products, that look, feel, and smell great.
What they stand for is so admirable, and anyone would be willing to convert. I don't really use many facial products, but if I did, I would convert!

Pointy Kitty

Post by Pointy Kitty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:36 pm

I don't have much Lush stuff, but I love to poke around the shop! Everything smells so good. :)

I have:
H'Suan Wen Hua hair moisturizer - I used it for the first time yesterday and today my hair is super soft!

downinahole

Post by downinahole » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 pm

I love their temple balms! I have one that helps me sleep, i think its called sweet dreams, comes in a purple tin and smells of lavender. And i have whoosh! which helps concentration and was a god send during exams. I usually have the bath bombs too, but i'm a bit poor at the min so laying off them for a while. My favorite one is the big blue which has seaweed in it, but my other half reckons its red cabbage. lol. :roll:

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:26 pm

god I love lush!

I love their shampoo bars, the lip balms and their soaps!

I can make bath bombs and bath melts/ truffles now though- they are so easy when you have the stuff!

MotherMuerta

Post by MotherMuerta » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:54 pm

MMM Lush!!
In my bathroom at the moment is:
sexy peel and rock star soap (just the other day finished my godmother soap, god i love that one)
Dream cream body lotion (my daughters)
Sympathy for the skin body lotion
dream wash shower smoothie (my daughters)
American cream conditioner (i absolutely adore this one)
Angels on bare skin exfoliator (could not live without)
Buffy exfoliating bar (not as good as it used to be but i still like it)
sonic death monkey shower gel (my sons)
Happy hippy shower gel
whipstick lip balm
rehab shampoo
daddyo shampoo (my daughters)

I still must try the yummy yummy yummy shower gel
Anyone here tried it?

and as soon as it is xmas again i will be buying snow fairy shower gel in the biggest pot they do ;)

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 pm

When it comes to skincare/haircare I only use lush so I can vouch for a looot of stuff!
I've so far used:
Every bath ballistic (including the new ones! I thoroughly reccomend English Coutryside, it has little silver butterflies in the middle!)
"Sex in the shower" and "Up you get" emotibombs (these are great, keep a couple handy for rough mornings!)
"Sexy Peel", "Ice Blue", "Demon in the Dark" and "Rock Star" Soap (I use rock star on a daily basis, my blokey uses Demon in the Dark!)
"Flying Fox", "Tramp" and "Yummy Yummy Yummy" shower gels (Yummy yummy yummy smells GORGEOUS but I hated the smell of tramp >_<)
"Emperor or Ice Creme" and "Lemslip" Butter Cream's (Emperor smelt nice, but Lemslip made me spotty, boo! :( )
"Trichomania" and "The Blonde" solid shampoo's (Both gorgeous, Trichomania smells especially stunning!)
"Rehab" Liquid Shampoo (eh, didn't do much for my hair)
"American Creme" and "Retread" conditioners (Neither did much for my bleached hair =()
"Marilyn" Hair Treatment (kept my blonde highlights looking gorgeous and helped blend my blonde roots as they came through, a wonderful once-a-week treat!)
ALL of the hair gels (The big tease is brilliant, apply then blow dry, your hair WILL NOT move! My chap uses king of the mods every day for his messy shag crop :) )
"Godiva", "New" and "Ultimate Shine" solid shampoo's (Ultimate shine is GORGEOUS, I use Godiva every day and New is great too, my chap uses New every day)
"Caca Rouge" and "Caca Noir" (I can vouch these Henna's are very good. Not as strong as BAQ henna, but you won't get any bad reactions bleaching them out, in fact, I did just that earlier this week :) Noir leaves a slight green tinge which is easily toned. Both the henna's will leave your hair awesomely conditioned and shiny. DON'T mix noir with anything though, it blacks out the colour almost entirely.)
"Baby Face", "Angels on Bare Skin", "Herbalism" and "Ultra Bland" cleansers (I don't get on with the ones you have to squish, so angels and herbalism weren't good for me, Baby is great for removing make up but I now use Ultra Bland for that, and as a general cleanser every morning and evening)
"Tea Tree Water" toner (I use this twice a day, a very nice and gentle toner)
"Vanishing Creme" moisturiser (A goddamn GOD SEND for my greasy, spot prone skin. I use it twice a day and I no longer need to use a mattifying wipe every half an hour, lol!)
My chap also uses "Cosmetic Lad" after every shave and he says it's "alright" (read = awesome) he uses it every time he shaves but reccomends not to put it in your hair like it says you can, as it'll make it greasy.
"Tea Tree" toner tab (A nice treat for not a lot of pennies. I try and get one when I can :) )
"Karma" spray fragrance (enough said, this stuff is beautiful. If you haven't tried it, definately do, but a little goes a LONG way!)
"Go Green" fragrance spritzer (Lovely, but overpowering. We actually now use this instead of Fabreeze for smelly things.. ie; dreads!)
"Silky Underwear" and "Fever" solid perfume (These are great, I use Fever every day :) )
"Iredecent Glitterbug" massage bar(I love love LOVE this!!! I use it every day on my skin and hair. My god. I love this SO much!)
I've also used all the solid deoderants, they work very very well, but I am allergic to all of them (I use a natural crystal deoderant every day as I just can't handle anything else) but my chap uses "Aromacreme" every day.
"Lip Service" lip balm (again, I use this every day. My lips chap easily and this fixes them up quickly and nicely :) )
"Flying Fox" temple balm (staves off my mood swings, helps my panic attacks, and eases my migranes. Lovely stuff!)

That's it I think! I'm yet to try any of their "B" stuff... wish there was a "B" shop near me!

PlasticMuffin

Post by PlasticMuffin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:44 pm

I dont have that mutch Lush stuff, but i do love their products.
I have:
- Babyface
- Eau Roma Water
- Ultra bland
- Babyface
- Karma soap

I recently ran out of my Imperialis and I cant afford a new one. I would have to order it then, because i don't have a Lush near me, and the shipping is so expensive. :(

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Mmmmmm Lush! :D I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when I moved to Brighton from a Lush-less Portsmouth! Ok I'm going to have to do this in two posts because I'm a bit fantatical.. first post, recent/current things:

I actually went on a wonderful mini Lush spree the other week because I was feeling quite drained from various bad things happening and starting a new job, and I needed some pampering, so I went and got:
- English Countryside bath bomb (= smelt gorgeous but was a HUGE mess to clean up afterwards and I ended up with petals in some pretty odd places :oops: lol)
- Stardust bath bomb (= smelt beautiful, turned the bath pink, one of the nicest I've used)
- B Electro soap (= smells awesome, like sherbert! And it's a wicked neon colour!)
- Squeaky Green solid shampoo bar (= love this because it smells lovely, it's very soothing for my scalp and it saves me getting shampoo in my dreads, but it doesn't half strip colour out quickly! :shock: )
- Angels On Bare Skin cleanser (= AMAZING! Seriously, if you haven't tried it, DO IT. It smells so delicate and it feels like a luxurious milky rose bath for your face. Makes my skin radiant and smooth and refreshed :) Oh yes!)
- Up You Get emotibomb (= fab! Very lemony scent and just the thing to wake you up in the morning when you're standing zombified in the shower!)

Also, because I spent over £20, I got a free product from a selected aisle, the lush lady suggested I get one of the moisturisers, as they were worth £25 normally, so I did! I got
- Paradise Regained moisturiser (= ohhhhh so good. It leaves my skin feeling plump and moisturised but not sticky. This combined with my cleanser has made my skin glow!)

And I got a free samples of Karma soap (always a winner because the karma smell rules!) and Love Lettuce fresh face mask.. which I stupidly put in the fridge and forgot about, so I didn't get to use it! Boo!! >_<
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 pm

Second bit...

Other things I've tried in the past;
Bath bombs:
- Butterball (= great for using when you need to shave your legs, as the butteriness really softens up your legs!)
- Sakura (= beautiful scent but not as strong as the others)
- Sex bomb (= very yummy scent but the litte flower thing inside was weird and felt like a lump of cold custard stuck to my leg lol)
- Youki Hi (= I loved this!!! Scent was great, colour was great, glitter galore!! Unfortunately it stained my bath pink and covered it with glitter which took ages to scrub off, and my OH wasn't impressed when he had to go to work the next day covered in glitter :oops: hahaha!)

Soaps:
- Demon in the Dark (= super minty and great for the mornings, but did get a bit bored of it quite quickly - and the black rind is a sod to get off the shower/bath if it gets on it lol! Also found some scratchy bits in it which weren't too pleasant when washing..)
- Honey I Washed the Kids (= soooo yummy sweet smelling goodness! Very smoothing to skin.. a bit like the butterball bath bomb)
- Rock Star (= probably my favourite ever soap. I just love this smell - it smells like candy!!!!! A pleasure to wash with!)
- 17 Cherry Tree Lane (= got this in the "Blossom" gift set and it was gorgeous. Buttery and moisturising but smelt like the Sakura bath bomb. Shame you can't buy it separately!)

Massage Bars:
- Glitterbug (= when they say glittery, they really mean it - this thing is like a purpley blue glitter explosion!!!! Pretty good for glitzing up before a night out, although I find it can be a little scratchy)
- Shimmy Shimmy (= much like the Glitterbug only a little smoother and covers you with goldy-green glitter!)
- Therapy (= beautiful scent and is very luxurious but tends to leave my skin feeling a little greasy?)

Haircare:
- Jumping Juniper solid shampoo bar (= my first and probably my fave that I've used. It smelt great and it was very cleansing to my hair)
- Karma solid shampoo bar (= amazing smell as always, and very calming/soothing to the scalp and hair)
- Ultimate Shine solid shampoo bar (= didn't make my hair especially shiny but smelt lovely!)
- H`Suan Wen Hua hair treatment (= really helped to repair my hair after a little over-enthusiastic bleaching! Wasn't too keen on the smell but hey, it worked!)

Others:
- Coalface (= great cleanser, very balancing for combination skin but my face always feels quite dry afterwards. Don't use if you don't like the smell of liquorice though!)
- Mask of Magnaminty facemask (= my first experience with facemasks and I love it! Smells a bit funky but it was always a tingly treat and a great exfoliant!)
- Snow Fairy shower gel (= very sickly sweet, I loved it at first but the smell gets a bit much after a little while.. also not as glittery as I'd hoped lol!)
- American Cream solid perfume (= god I love this smell so much I always want to eat my own neck when I put it on lol - stays on pretty much all day and so handy to carry around in your handbag, better than lugging perfume bottles about!)
- Karma solid perfume (= this perfume is like having a little pot of calm in your bag - if I'm feeling stressed, I don't even have to put it on my skin, I just smell it and I feel better. All the benefits of the other solid perfumes and the best things is, it's only £4.95 as opposed to the Karma perfume bottle - (which is roughly £19.95?) so makes a great budget alternative!

Ok, ok.. I think I'm done ..... for now ;)
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:57 pm

I have a lot of lush things.. hehe.. me and my mum have managed the spend £20 deal 3 times between us (once was a present for someone else) and have managed to blag all the new moisturisers between us :D

I use regularly:

daddy-o shampoo
veganese conditioner
fresh farmacy cleanser
tea tree water toner
imperialis moisturiser, though I have just started on my freebie vanishing cream
aromacreme deodorant
fever solid perfume

.. and we have various soaps and bubble bars and shower gel etc.. can't remember them all!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:48 am

I have a few Lush bits and pieces and I love them, but until I use up all my old skin care stuff, I haven't been using them as much. Off the top of my head, I have babyface, Herbalism and coal face...I'm sure I have more, a few bath bombs and such, but I can't remember at the moment. I'm working on getting my boyfriend addicted to them too - he's very vain about his hair so I'm thinking of buying the Marilyn hair treatment for him. ;)
More human than human

Hotmess

Post by Hotmess » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:27 am

I checked out Lush's website and their products look absolutely fab! I'll have to try something out when I get more money :3!

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:03 am

Question:
Anyone try the new pink shower gel they have? I didn't get a chance to smell it so am wondering if it is along the lines of snow fairy or rock star?

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:41 pm

-silky underwear (solid perfume)

I just got this too =)

It's very clean & sexy smelling. Yumm ^^

I pretty much only use Lush <3
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm

faticeira wrote:Question:
Anyone try the new pink shower gel they have? I didn't get a chance to smell it so am wondering if it is along the lines of snow fairy or rock star?
It smells a lot like rock star. It's really lovely! =D

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 pm

LizSherman wrote:
faticeira wrote:Question:
It smells a lot like rock star. It's really lovely! =D
!!! I'm excited now, it's about time they made one like that, thanks :)

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:33 am

Let's see what I can remember, the ones I use on a regular basis are in bold:

Egg Snog lip balm (x2 I love it so much I need it all year round!)
American Cream solid perfume
American Cream Conditioner
Flying Saucers Shower Gel
Chai Shower Gel (I don't actually like it, would anyone like to swap?)
Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
Lemslip butter cream
Mud Flats soap
Fresh Farmacy cleanser
Herbalism cleanser
King of the Mod hair gel (trial size - smells amazing!)
Candy Fluff dusting powder
Psychodelic bubble bar
World Peace bath ballistic
Snake Oil
Sweet Japanese Girl cleanser
Babyface cleanser (amazing for removing eye makeup)
Aromarant deodorant (surely a miracle)
T'eo deodorant
Prince shaving cream
Lip Service lip balm
Charity Pot Moisturiser
Helping Hands hand cream

Love Lettuce mask
BB Seaweed mask
Ocean Salt scrub
A Crash Course In Skincare mask
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 am

Im gonna add more when i get home and check my lush bag... *yes i have a huge lush bag!* but my all time faves are :-

Snow Fairy
Fairy Godmother
Candy Fluff
Egg Snog
Coconut Deo
Sonic Death Monkey
Demon in the Dark
Butterball (However my mum hates it cos it coats the bath in goo when ive come out of the bath
Japanese girl face wash (makes my skin spot free!)
Rock Star
shimmy shimmy (my boyfriend hates glitter on him and this REALLY annoys him lol)
Honey I Washed the Kids
Sakura
Happy Hippy
Flying Fox (good for my work stress moments)
And a facewash i cant Quite remember the name of right now which is made from sea salt and vodka :D

And a billion million more i cant think of right now

Im really into Snow Fairy and have a TINY ammount left from 12 large bottles from last Xmas which im saving for a special occasion lol.

I love the ones that smell like sweetys and candy floss NOM!

I once saw a kid in the lush store in sheffield trying to eat some of the jelly.. almost got half a handful into his mouth before the mother saw and took it away lol

I love lush because as a veggie and a all round earth mother type I love the fact that lush not only provides the most AMAZING products! they look after the enviroment ^_^
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

xNeurocancer

Post by xNeurocancer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Woooohoooo :D
I love Lush

I only have essentials as I never have enough money to splash out damnit!

-Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo
-Reincarnate shampoo
-American Cream conditioner
-Herbalism cleanser
-Tea Tree water
-Ultralight
-A little left over of Fever massage bar

I think that's about it XD

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 pm

i so want to try lush, i just have to wait till i have some extra pocket money
has anyone tried the wiccy magic muscles massage bar? because my boy hates when i use bengay on my achey spots
i am also interested in the squeaky green shampoo bar, glitter bug bar and the candy fluff dusting powder
*Manda*

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:09 am

I've only tried a few of the bath bombs, I was given them as a present, I have no idea what they were called apart from baby powder( I think that's what it's name was), one I had that I loved had little pink hearts in the middle, anyone know what that one is as I'd love to get it again. I've also tried a yellow coloured one that I wasn't a fan of, smelled nice but made my skin feel greasy. I've just bought a supernova, green tree soap and silky underwear perfume off Zaahn so looking forwards to those!

I'm going to lush on my birthday to get some supplies, namely some herbalism, tea tree water, vanishing creme & enchanted eye cream. Do they still have the offer on if you spend over £20 you get to pick a free item from the new range? Anyone know what you can choose from? I'm also thinking of buying 2 lots of £20 to get 2 free items(I'm a sucker for an offer) so any suggestions on what other stuff to buy & what free items I should choose?
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”