Lush lovers unite

~Azaezl~

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Enchanted foaming sugar scrubs are perfect, they are scrubby without being scratchy(plus they are cleansing) and you can get them in all sorts of scents, good alternative to lush scrubs which I've found far too harsh!

Did anyone get anything in the sale? I got myself a fair few bombs / bbs and Kyoko picked up a gingerbread tin, I'm a bit miffed with myself for not getting the forum hatbox, it was the OH's birthday so I couldn't get on all day and silly me thought it was like a normal forum party and you could order up to 10pm.

I had a lovely satsumo santa bath this morning :mrgreen:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:I'm going to have to try that, thanks ladies. I have actual scabs today. I love a good exfoliate, but that's taking it a bit far.

I probably wouldn't buy another though; there are so many good exfoliants that don't need messing with first. It's so rare for me to be disappointed with anything Lush make.
I've never tried the sugar scrubs, but ouch, getting scabs from it is terrible :shock:

I use You Snap The Whip as my scrub from Lush, its quite scrubby but not painful!

ETA: oooh, I see there is a Honey I washed The Kids smelling shower gel coming...must have that :D

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Has anyone tried the Valentine's products yet? I had a Frog Prince in my bath tonight and it was gorgeous. Really heady but also quite fresh.

The Love Birds soap isn't my thing scent-wise (vanilla & jasmine so quite sweet but very subtle) but it's inoffensive and it lathers beautifully, really creamy. The Magic Mushroom I fell totally in love with last year so I'm VERY happy it's back :D
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 am

I havent tried the valentines products yet, but I plan to pick up a bottle of Its Raining Men, the Love Birds Soap, and I want to try one of the little mushrooms too :D

debra_beretta

Post by debra_beretta » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm so happy right now!

I bought some of Lush's solid perfume in "Breath of God" and I'M NOT SUFFERING A SKIN REACTION.

I'd like to add that I have really, really sensitive skin which gets red and irritable on products that are usually labelled "sensitive" (I've even had problems with Johnsons baby soap! Erk!). A couple of years back, my sister bought me a load of Lush goodies for Xmas and they all bought me out in a really bad, red, itchy skin thing. I can't remember the products but I'm sure Snow Fairy was one of them :-/ I tried again a few months later and still, the same problem.

Today, I went in, first time in about a year and a half, tried on the perfume stick and it's great! Fingers crossed ladies, hopefully my skin issues have gone meaning I can wear LUSH! My holy grail! ^_^
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about. - H.P Lovecraft

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm

I just restocked myself with Angels On Bare Skin and also got an Each Peach massage bar, because mum hates the smell of Wiccy Magic. Sweet, sweet citrus!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Just incase any of you are not aware of it the lush website has been hacked and people's cards used fraudulently;

http://www.lush.co.uk/

Not 100% sure whether the phone lines are involved but Santander are cancelling all cards used to purchase from Lush whether online or over the phone, other banks may follow suit so a quick heads up for you all.
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 pm

is it only between the 4th October - 20th January that people should worry about? I haven't ordered online since 2009...

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Well Lush have said it's between those dates but there are a few of us over on the forum that have only ordered over the phone that have had fraudulent use, whether that's related to lush or not we don't know but you never know.

Important thing to look out for are payments to O2 and / or xbox live, so I'd check your account as they are test payments before they try a larger amount. This was the last update from Lush;
hilary@Lush wrote:
I've been in on some meetings today to clarify what I can and can't say at this stage.
It isn't because we are trying to hide anything - just that we don't want to jeopardise anything or step too far from the advice we are given.

So some things that we can say and might be helpful to know:

These hackers typically operate from a core of countries across the world, hack, then sell the data on.

The criminal buyers can use that data immediately or can hold on to it for some time ( sometimes for many many months, we are told ) before attempting to use it.

They often do small test purchases, then go on to do larger ones if these clear unchallenged.

Regarding the questions about the type and nature of hacking that we have had :
Until the full external forensic investigation has been done, which we set into motion after the events over Xmas, we will not be able to answer the questions regarding the dates, type of hacking and data theft that has happened. Our web team have done their bit, but we do not want to preempt the full results of the proper investigation. It will be a PFI investigation, which will go to our web team and the banks and credit card companies and will help us know the full details of the breach and learn from it for our new website.

We first became aware of website problems on Xmas Day. By Boxing Day we were aware of unauthorised entry and immediately took the website down. It remained down until extra security had been added and 24 hour monitoring put in place, including direct mobile phone alerts to our webteam.

We did not know that the entry to our site had been credit card data related, we merely knew that someone had entered the site - which did not necessarily mean data had been compromised. We initially took the site down on Boxing Day because any entry was enough for us to not continue trading on it until assessment had been made.

The first reports to us of fraudulent credit card use came from our French customers on a thread in this forum. We asked for full details to be emailed to us so we could investigate and take this further.

Up until Tues of this week, we had 43 customers email a report of fraudulent use of credit cards to us. First official confirmation of these definitely having come from transactions on our website was received this week.

Once we knew the data was from transactions through our website, we wanted to act quickly to ensure that we did everything we could to prevent this happening to any further customers.

We decided that the website should come down again until the external security audit could be completed.
We sought advice from various experts in this field and were told, by more than one agency, that removing the website is not normal procedure in our circumstances. Taking our website down and going public was described to us as 'an unusual and courageous decision' and that it is 'not unusual to trade on through' and say nothing as many companies fear the 'loss of face'.

The Oct to Jan warning date has been decided because we wanted it to cover a larger period than we think has been exposed. We hope we are erring very much on the side of caution here. We would rather notify more customers than required, than find out in retrospect that we had narrowed it and missed people.
The reason the warning date was extended forward to Jan since the first announcement was because one customer has come back to us reporting a fraudulent use of a card that was used on our site in Jan ( since the extra security was added ) and again, we did not want to take any risk of under warning other customers.
The window of time that our banks are reporting back to us of confirmed fraudulent transactions on cards is very much shorter than these dates - but again, we do not want to sit back and rely on the current reports being the whole picture.

Once it was confirmed that we were a source of data compromise, we wanted our customers to be able to talk to their banks and cancel cards if advised - and thereby be able to avoid the disruption to their lives. Since our email alert went out (to all customers between Oct and Jan) we have had lots of customers come back to us and say they have checked their statement after reading the email, and spotted small test usage. Some on here are also reporting larger purchases appearing on their statements. Our French customers too have been subjected to large purchases. Each and every one of these is genuinely heartbreaking to us and we would never wish to have had this happen to you through our website.

We do not have full information on the numbers affected, because we only know of the ones who have reported back to us. Meanwhile, the banks will be compiling a full list of fraudulent uses tracked back to us.

We will be looking very hard at the external report to prevent any future weaknesses and have booked external checks of the new website that was currently under construction before this recent crisis hit. So we have two things happening - external companies looking back over the past website to see where and how the breach happened, and also looking forward at the new website before it goes live to check for future robustness.

I think this answers most of the outstanding questions that I have spotted in this and other threads. I hope you understand that we are trying to give as much info as we safely and accurately can. All of you on here know Big, Tony and myself and will understand that over the last few weeks holding back from telling stuff has been the hard thing, as we have waited for events to unfold and confirmation to come back. It is a relief to finally be able to put more of the info out here.

Tony has been on the phone to me this evening to say that he is without internet access but wanted me to say to you that he is sorry that all the back scene stuff has kept him away from the forum today, but that he will make sure he is at Mail Order all day tomorrow near a phone should anyone need him.

Thank you all again for the support you have shown us this week. I hope you realise that we really don't take you guys for granted and the well wishes we have received from you have been much discussed and appreciated all across Lush Towers over the last few days.

hilary @ Lush
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 am

I saw about this on Lush's facebook, I was so close to ordering some stuff online a couple of weeks ago because we don't have the valentines products here yet, so glad I didn't now. I'll just have to be patient for them :lol:

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I've got a horrid coldy thing and enjoyed the last of my Christmas Eve this morning- Made me feel sooo much better. :) I'm lovely and relaxed now.
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Finally I tried Its raining men :D its a bit more orangey smelling than the soap at first, but very yummy. HIWTK is my favourite soap though!

I've just been on the new Lush uk website, and there seems to be a lot more perfumes! Some sound really good, has anyone tried them? :)

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:30 pm

they are the Bnever fragrances :)

i like:

ginger

tuca tuca and vanillary are ok too

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:34 pm

I am really interested in the skin tints, namely the pink one, Silk Stockings. Has anyone tried these? I have some very pale scarring over the tops of my shoulders from chicken pox as a child which is invisible if I apply fake tan however I'd like to keep my natural paleness and just even out my skintone, will this be of any use?
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I think Silk Stockings would be great for that. I had some roller derby bruises on my legs last summer and whilst it didn't cover them completely, it definitely made them look less brutal and the sheen sort of reflected the light away from them. Go into a store and give it a try!

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 am

i have just put my calacas and twilight forum gels on ebay, inbetween ordering and delivery unfortunatey things here have changed that i really cant justify spending £30 on shower gel :oops: ive also put some ghost gel on too if anyone is interested. i know i will regret selling them but i have vets bills to pay :?

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 am

Have yours arrived then!? I'm still waiting for mine, but hopefully it won't be long if you've had yours!

Sorry to hear you're having money trouble :(

depechemaid

Post by depechemaid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Still waiting for mine too, very excited to try them! X
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!

http://www.misswoowoo.tumblr.com

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Oooh, so I won a flower from Lush Middlesbrough. I went to collect it the other day (I thought it was a bath bomb flower thing)

Here is a pic of Seth holding it:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Nice one Sarah! Is that an entire soap truckle?!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice one! 13 is a beautiful soap, we couldn't give ours away unfortunately as it melted in the window! :/
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Wow congratulations with the beautiful price! :i2:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 am

I went to my first VIP night at Lush last night! It was so fun.
It was a GREEN theme night. I wore green and I got a huge hunk of Love Birds soap upon walking in! We got a bingo card and we could win free stuff for filling out lines (lucky dip). I won Dark Angels and a Bathos Bubble Bar after filling out a line by buying a naked product, doing a green quiz, bringing my own bag and bringing my own container. I gave the Dark Angels to a friend with a suitable skin type. Josey (our dairy girl) popped in and make the Cupcake mask from scratch! Super fresh. I also gave that to the same friend. There were quizzes and games!
What I bought:
Seanik Solid Shampoo
Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
The Sacred Truth
The manager also gave me a bar of Demon In The Dark soap.
There were also vegan snacks, cupcakes, fruit kebabs and yummy drinks!
It was a hella fun night!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 pm

That does sound really fun :D

I have some new Sweetie Pie and the Vanilla Puff Powder, so yummy!

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Just wanted to add the catastrophe cosmetic face mask is awesome.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”