Lush lovers unite

candycovered

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by candycovered » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 am

Pixie_Junk wrote:
candycovered wrote:I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the 'Vanishing Cream' as people on here really convinced me it would work on oil control.
yes, it has made my skin SO soft & shrunk my blackheads on my nose slightly, but I still get pretty oily :(
Give it time doll. it took about a week and a half - two weeks on mine. & I've really noticed a difference now that I'm not using it [due to lack of funds].
I've been using it for nearly 2 weeks myself. never minds.
it's odd, over all the years of going in & getting face masks, soaps & bath bombs/bubble bars, the skin care never appealed to me. I suppose it just takes some getting used to.
oh noes ! at the lack of funds :( perhaps a birthday treat from someone ?
see you tomorrow pretty miew xxx
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:50 pm

squee, I spoke to my friend who works in Lush today & he said they're bringing back Snow Fairy & the Marzibain bubble bar for Christmas !
he also told me about some yummy stuff they're getting in for Halloween & Xmas, including a ballistic that changes colour & scent halfway through the melting process.. 'citin' !

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:59 pm

I use a little bit from one of the tester pots. The item was Dream Cream. It was amazing! So nice XD

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Madii wrote:I'm trying to phase out all of my old toiletries to Lush products, and I finally got a chance to buy a Lush deodorant today. I bought T'eo over Oxeo Cube because it was cheaper but I haven't tried it yet. What are people's experiences with Lush deodorants? Do they properly stop your pits getting smelly after a long day at work/college?
YES! I use Aromaco & it is the ONLY thing that keeps me smelling nice =P

I have a weird thing going on where normal deodorant actually makes me smell like I have BO =l

But this stuff is devine <3 & If you do get sweaty, it just smells like the deodorant =)
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Pixie_Junk wrote:
Madii wrote:I'm trying to phase out all of my old toiletries to Lush products, and I finally got a chance to buy a Lush deodorant today. I bought T'eo over Oxeo Cube because it was cheaper but I haven't tried it yet. What are people's experiences with Lush deodorants? Do they properly stop your pits getting smelly after a long day at work/college?

I have a weird thing going on where normal deodorant actually makes me smell like I have BO =l

But this stuff is devine <3 & If you do get sweaty, it just smells like the deodorant =)
there's only one deodorant that's stopped me smelling so far, & it's called 'Mitchum'.
I got a free sample of Aromaco in my goodie bag tonight, I look forward to using it :) !

anyone know if 'Coconut' is any good ? I'm a bit of a coconut fiend.

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:55 pm

candycovered wrote:
Pixie_Junk wrote:

there's only one deodorant that's stopped me smelling so far, & it's called 'Mitchum'.
I got a free sample of Aromaco in my goodie bag tonight, I look forward to using it :) !

anyone know if 'Coconut' is any good ? I'm a bit of a coconut fiend.
Even bloody Mitchum didn't work on me! Within 2 hours I smelt like I'd been fora long run in a burger joint. Gross.

Aromaco is lovely though ^^

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 am

I'm a mitchum girl as well. No other deodarant has ever worked on me, like pixie junk they'd either make me smell worse or worked for all of an hour IF I did nothing any kind of exercise like walking about and I'd stink. I'm going to have to try aromaco I'll have mithcum at the ready though just incase as BO is gross.

My lush face regime is going well, my skin is sooo soft and my pores are virtually non existant, oily t-zone is pretty much gone, well my forhead gets a little oily sometimes but nowhere near as bad as before. No more big boil type spots, I still get the odd spot but it doesn't last long and doesn't leave a scar anymore. LUSH I LOVE YOU!!!!
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:13 pm

I use aromaco too (that is the patchouli one isn't it? I get the names of that and aromarant muddled up, it's the patchouli one I use) and it is fab. You do still sweat as it isn't an anti perspirant, although i find I don't sweat that much, maybe that is just me though, and I have never noticed I smell
telling it like it is!

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:42 pm

I love Aromaco, best I ever used.

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm

new products in today ! yay !
Ruby Slippers is beautiful, it smells like Potion ! at last, another Potion product !
& The Gold Star is absolutely stunning, it reminds me of lemon & orange biscottis for some reason.
apparently, I'm the first person in the shop to buy the Xmas stuff, yays :)

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:08 pm

I went to Hotel Chocolat today and bought some salted caramels with lavender and they taste EXACTLY how Lush smells! It's incredible, it's like tasting Lush!
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Yay, 'Snow fairy' is once again in my life ^^!!

It's just so stupidly scrummy <3

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Pixie_Junk wrote:Yay, 'Snow fairy' is once again in my life ^^!!

It's just so stupidly scrummy <3
I'm going to buy on of the bucket sized bottles when I'm next in ^_^

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm

I went in on saturday to buy more enchanted eyes, and some new shower gel for me, and some for the boy, and some hand cream, I hadn't decided which one. When I got there I spied they had a spend £15 get a cupcake mask free. Well, I was easily going to spend £15, and I have been wanting to try cupcake for ages, but because I always go in on a saturday they never have any left :( Shame thing with this saturday. So I am going to have to go on wednesday or thursday after their delivery day and hope they still have some in by the time I go. If I had had to try and make it up to £15 I would have just not bothered with the offer, but when I was easily going to spend more than £15 it seems a shame not to get a free face mask if they are offering!

I was surprised though, I have heard lush girlies talking before about freebies (of the random sort, not the official offers) and heard them say that they don't just give them out willy nilly they try to give people the freebies that would suit them, and if the freebie options they have would not be suitable for that person's skin then they won't give them to that person. Which made me wonder, why is the offer spend £15 and get a free cupcake? Why not spend £15 and get a free face mask to match your skin? Cupcake would match my skin, but maybe they would have had some of it left if they hadn't just given it all away to people who spent £15 regardless of whether it suited them.
telling it like it is!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 pm

I got a free Comforter bubble bar today at my interview :D

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Hehe, iThe Comforter got passed around in our interview & we were asked to say what the scent was. Before I even smelt it, I said 'black currant!' & she gave me a telling off look & said 'you're meant to smell it first!' lol.. too much researching. :p

What does everyone think of the new website layout? I'm not too fond..

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:08 pm

I really like the new website. I like the menu, I like the way it brings the products up, I like the hover-over descriptions before you actually click on a product. I had a couple of things where I clicked ad it didn't work, SQL errors, but i imagine they will be ironing them out. i also like the wishlist, did they have a wishlist before? If they did I never used it
telling it like it is!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 am

I went on it when nothing was working & was damn confused. Now I actually rather like it.
& no, there wasn't a wishlist before.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I was actually a bit disappointed in Lush yesterday. I bought:
Charity pot £9.95
Sonic Death Monkey £14.25
Yummy Yummy Yummy £9.95
Enchanted Eyes £9.50

At a total cost of nearly £45. At £15 you get a cupcake mask free, so I got that, and would have been happy except for the fact I could see a big box of samples at the till. Now I know they say that they give them randomly, but since I bought enough stuff to practically split it 3 ways and get 3 free cupcakes, but only took 1 I thought they could have given me a freebie... I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but there was a massive box, and it was the end of the day. I know it isn't a reward system, but i do spend a lot in there... :(
telling it like it is!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm

My friend went in a couple of weeks ago and bought a piece of Fresh Farmacy and got a bunch of freebies. I went into the same store a few days later, spent £25 and got the free mini Therapy bar. Although I did ask for a sample of H'suan Wen Hua and got one. Just depends on the member of staff I guess.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:40 pm

yeah, I guess so... I hadn't seen the bloke who served me before. I often do get a freebie, but I usually spend a fair amount in there. I wouldn't have really even thought about it if I hadnt seen the basket of yummy goodies!I have never asked for a freebie.... If I did I think I would ask for something specific I wanted to try, not something random. I do like it when they give me somethng random though, and that is how I found out I love the sacred truth
telling it like it is!

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:11 pm

I love Lush! Horray! But.. whenever I go in I don't know where to start. I've only ever bought bath bombs and a babyface soap for a friend. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't get on well with bars of soap so I'm a little put off of buying one even though they all look gorgeous.. I'm contemplating buying some skin care but again, I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've tried tons of different brand face washes and I like neutrogena blackhead eliminating scrub the best but my skin is still not great. Nothing seems to work, even the stuff the doctor gave to me is pants! My skin gets really dry after I wash it so I have to use moisturiser but then it makes my skin greasy. I can't win! Is there anything you girls could recommend? Thank yooou!!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:40 pm

°«Belle»° wrote:I love Lush! Horray! But.. whenever I go in I don't know where to start. I've only ever bought bath bombs and a babyface soap for a friend. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't get on well with bars of soap so I'm a little put off of buying one even though they all look gorgeous.. I'm contemplating buying some skin care but again, I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've tried tons of different brand face washes and I like neutrogena blackhead eliminating scrub the best but my skin is still not great. Nothing seems to work, even the stuff the doctor gave to me is pants! My skin gets really dry after I wash it so I have to use moisturiser but then it makes my skin greasy. I can't win! Is there anything you girls could recommend? Thank yooou!!
Fresh farmacy (cleanser), tea tree water (toner), vanishing cream (non-greasy / non-oily moisturiser). My skin is sensitive, I get acne & it gets dry very easily. Stuff from doctors and so-called washes etc for bad skin did nothing for me- Apart from dry my skin out far, far more! Certainly didn't make it better...

I use the above and for me it works wonderfully. Cosmetic warrior face mask is a god send if your skin breaks out too... =)

You know what? Lush employee's are passionate about what they do & very knowledgable about their jobs'. Go in and have a chat with them! It's the way to get the best out of the products. Try things on your skin while you are in there (They are happy to do that) try samples, and let them know what you do / don't get on with for future reference. Give it a proper chance and hopefully it will make as much difference to you as I has for me =)

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Pixie_Junk wrote:Fresh farmacy (cleanser), tea tree water (toner), vanishing cream (non-greasy / non-oily moisturiser). My skin is sensitive, I get acne & it gets dry very easily. Stuff from doctors and so-called washes etc for bad skin did nothing for me- Apart from dry my skin out far, far more! Certainly didn't make it better...
Sounds like we have the exact same problem. The stuff from the doctors worked but made my skin sooo dry to the point where it was really sore so I slapped loads of moisturiser on and it ended up having the opposite effect! Typical! I'll give those a try and fingers crossed it works.
Thank you Pixie_Junk!

*edited to fix quote
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:01 pm

°«Belle»° wrote:I love Lush! Horray! But.. whenever I go in I don't know where to start. I've only ever bought bath bombs and a babyface soap for a friend. My skin is very sensitive and doesn't get on well with bars of soap so I'm a little put off of buying one even though they all look gorgeous.. I'm contemplating buying some skin care but again, I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've tried tons of different brand face washes and I like neutrogena blackhead eliminating scrub the best but my skin is still not great. Nothing seems to work, even the stuff the doctor gave to me is pants! My skin gets really dry after I wash it so I have to use moisturiser but then it makes my skin greasy. I can't win! Is there anything you girls could recommend? Thank yooou!!
The stuff they do faces isn't soap - you should never really use soap on your face.

I use herbalism for my face from lush. I used to use fresh farmacy, but one when I was in getting some the assistant asked whether I had tried herbalism, so i thought I may as well give it a go, and for me it worked better - my skin was clearer and it wasn't so dry. Either of those 2 are for break out skins.

I use gorgeous moisturiser from there, but it is expensive. It is the only one I have tried and I love it, but i am thinking of trying one of the cheaper ones and seeing how I get on with that.

I also use tea tree water, which has controlled my spots and acne really well.

I would also recommend using a face mask once a week. Cupcake is for breakout skin and smells gorgeous, but I actually prefer "The Sacred Truth" which leaves my skin looking amazing. Best thing with the masks though is to ask them what they recommend.
telling it like it is!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”