Lush lovers unite

Monique_marion_may

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:
Monique_marion_may wrote:Hey girls thought it'd announce two firsts. Today i bought my first perfume, and my first Lush item! I got Tuca Tuca :D Sooo yummy!
I just heard Tuca Tuca was being discontinued :i4:
THIS BETTER NOT BE TRUE!! :'(

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, I'm a trainee manager at Lush and I haven't heard anything to that effect :)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:21 am

It's a rumour that somebody posted on the AU/NZ Lush forums that they read on the international forums.
I hope they're wrong!!!

Anywho, I'm excited, Lush VIP night tonight!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 am

The discon list is supposed to be as follows;

Strawberry Feels
Sakura
Summer Pudding
Ring Of Roses
Helping Hands
Tuca Tuca
Mange Too
Brimstone
toner tabs
keep it fluffy
Lemslip

but there are 16 new products coming, the big reveal is supposed to be today but who knows, they may keep everyone waiting even longer :lol:
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:26 am

We'll know soon enough! I had a whiff of Tuca Tuca again yesterday and was quite disgusted. Did not like the smell one bit! It's a shame Strawberry Feels is on the list, I bought one yesterday, it smells sooooo good! I should really get Mange Too as well, it smells so divine. It's a shame about Sakura, because it's so beautiful. I made my own one yesterday :(

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Everyone says bad things about tuca tuca online. The more horrible reviews i hear the more i doubt my own opinion of it :S They were all so positive about it in the shop! lol

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:Everyone says bad things about tuca tuca online. The more horrible reviews i hear the more i doubt my own opinion of it :S They were all so positive about it in the shop! lol
Yes, but who cares what everyone else says? I don't like the smell of it, but you do! We have different noses, that's all!

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh yeah for sure hun, and i totally respect peoples varying opinion. But some of the review on the net descirbe it as worse then body odour, cat pee, staleness - just to name a few! lol I wouldnt like to think that's how other smell me!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

It might smell different on, I guess. Just like Lust solid smells a bit llike pot pourri (I dislike sandalwood), but when on, it smells really gentle and fresh floral.

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I really liked Tuca Tuca when I sniffed it in store - but when I put it on I hated it! It just didn't smell right on me. Shame as I love Bathos and was hoping it would be like that.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 pm

I love Tuca Tuca :) It definitely smells better on, as do all of the fragrances. Spraying them into the air or on a smelling stick really doesn't give you a true idea of how it smells.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 pm

You lucky lady, getting the think pink box! :D

I've cracked out the snow fairy early this year, and also gløgg. I wonder what Christmas goodies we'll get this year...

bstout

Post by bstout » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey, sort've a random request, and hopefully this is allowed, but is anybody in the US interested in a barely used pot of Herbalism and a bottle of Grease Lightning? I bought them about a month ago and they're both making me break out. I obviously can't return them at this point but was hoping to maybe get $20 or so if anyone wants them. Or, ideally, if someone lives close by a Lush and could maybe pick me up an alternate product instead? I live in South Dakota and so have always had to order online. Send me a PM if you might be interested!

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Can anyone recommend a Lush product for me? In the winter my skin gets extremely dry. I used to use the Aveeno body lotion with collodial (sp?) oatmeal in it, which left my skin moisturized and soft but not greasy. Then, I recently found out they are not 100% free of animal testing. (Bastards!) So, I need an intense moisturizer and maybe a very gentle cleanser for in the shower? Thanks in advance!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 pm

I'd suggest going to a store & seeing someone in there instead.....or at least waiting for one of our resident managers to reply to you.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks! I'm a lazy chick so I like to order online. ;)

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:14 am

Lamie wrote:Thanks! I'm a lazy chick so I like to order online. ;)
It really is worth going into the store. They've got an indention of a booth set up in Macy's at one of my malls and it was like a nice quiet little area. Anywho, I have eczema, told one of the girls this and they gave me a few teeny tiny sample tubs to try for in the shower and afterwards for softening and moisturizing my skin. SO worth going to the store!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:07 pm

I recommend Dream Cream. It is oat milk based and has other really soothing ingredients. It comes across as light and runny, but it is very strong in moisturisation. It's probably the vegan friendly alternative to Aveeno as I've heard of it working really well on eczema.
As for a shower gel/soap, can't go past Honey I Washed The Kids. It's very moisturising and great for sensitive skin (they do market it to families, and as the name suggests, it's also kid friendly). They are bringing back It's Raining Men shower gel (which is essentially HIWTK in SG form).
Also, in winter, avoid having really stupid hot showers as it kills your skin, a lot and keep a bowl of water near each heater in your house to prevent it getting bone dry :)

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Aw, thanks ladies! Very helpful. Great suggestions, RivetLicker! I'll let ya know how it goes. =)

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Received my LUSH package in the mail last week. Atm I am absolutely LOVING the Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser. It's doing wonders for my dry/combo skin. Not 100% sure what I think of the other stuff just yet. So far, my dry skin is happy though. Thanks for the advice, ladies. :D

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 am

AOBS is the best cleanser I've ever used IMO.
Next best is Ultrabland (as a make up remover).

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:20 pm

I don't very often come into this thread because it makes me want to buy so much stuff :O
Just now, I was mourning the end of my Comforter bubble bar when I noticed a phantom Lush bag in my bathroom. In there I had 2 bath bombs (rose queen), Seanik solid shampoo and a shower sugar scrub. I must have purchased these when I got some of Lush's violet shampoo, I got that violet shampoo LAST DECEMBER. I am happy now.

I asked for Lush gift packs for christmas. I hope I wont be disappointed.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”