Powerfull moisturising creams?

kezerb

Powerfull moisturising creams?

Post by kezerb » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 pm

I have VERY dry skin on one of my ankles, it has folds in too which are like cardboard from being so dry :P
It doesn't help that I always sit cross legged :(

Can anyone suggest a bloody good moisturiser to help soften my ankle skin?

kezerb

Re: Powerfull moisturising creams?

Post by kezerb » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:55 pm

Isn't hydrocortisone (spelling?) only perscription, I may have the wrong brand here but I'm sure that's what y ex used on his psoriasis and he told me not to use it because it can be dangerous to people with out skin problems?

I think it is eczema on my ankle but I don't wanna go to the doc's cos all he will give me is co-codamol :roll:

EDIT: So far I've tried an aleo vera and a silicon or something moisturer both by vasaline, nivea creme and Olay regenerist :lol:

Hotmess

Post by Hotmess » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:53 am

Isn't hydrocortisone (spelling?) only perscription, I may have the wrong brand here but I'm sure that's what y ex used on his psoriasis and he told me not to use it because it can be dangerous to people with out skin problems?
In the U.S., Hydrocortisone is over the counter, and I've used it for years for eczema on my arms. I used it primarily to stop the itch, and the rash. But Hydrocortisone is more of a topical cream than a moisturizer.

A good moisturizer that I can recommend is Cliniuqe's dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I got loads of little samples of these tubes when me and my friend's went up to the makeup counter. :mrgreen: Good stuff indeed!

Gorey

Post by Gorey » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:40 am

I use neutrogene moisture oil-free for sensitive skin on my face, i know its not ankle but its really good stuff.
i have very dry skin and generally when i get out of the shower if i dont put any mositurizer on my face, i can feel my skin get tight and then it gets all flaky and what not and feels like its going to crack cause its so dry, i put this stuff on and it makes it feel sooooo nice, gives me the nicest smoothest skin. Its the only thing that works for me. i find that other mosituizers and lotions feel like they are just staying on the surface of my skin, where as this i can tell goes in and moisturizes. its great. i highly reccomend it to anyone and everyone.
formaly known as GoreyGlamour
known as GoreyFashionFaggot on vf.com
known as Sushi. on Specktra.net

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Ok Ill have a look for it next time I go to boot's and ask about it at the perscription counter :)

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:32 pm

I have the same type of skin on my ankle bones and elbows I use aquaphor it's very much like a petrolium jelly but works wonders it can be found at any drugstore in the US so I would think if you can't find it in the UK you could get it from drugstore.com or the like

Bijou_Venus

Post by Bijou_Venus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 am

Palmers Cocoa butter for me!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:47 am

I've been using Soap & Glory Heel Genius foot cream. It's from Boots and it's £5. I took a few applications but it's working nicely now :)

Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:49 am

iamtheparty wrote:I've been using Soap & Glory Heel Genius foot cream. It's from Boots and it's £5. I took a few applications but it's working nicely now :)

Failing that, I have a friend with eczema who uses plain old E45 cream all the time.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”