'Hayfever skin'

Lorny

'Hayfever skin'

Post by Lorny » Sun May 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Hey all!

Right, so now has come the time of the dreaded hayfever, and while that is a massive problem in itself, I have also noticed I get bad skin. It isn't spots or anything, it's just like a really insatiable itch 'under' my skin. I try to relieve it by gently massaging/rubbing the areas but it doesn't help for long. Then it just ends up really sore at the end of the day, especially around my nose, eyes and chin. I'm hoping some of that makes sense...

Is it just me what gets this, and does anyone have any way to either combat the problem or soothe the skin afterwards? Even my Lush moisturiser stings on the sorer parts, and its quite disressing!
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

iamtheparty

Re: 'Hayfever skin'

Post by iamtheparty » Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 pm

This is the first summer in 17 years I've not had hayfever and it's heavenly but I did used to get this too. All I could do really was avoid wearing makeup as it seemed to be better if my skin could breathe. I also washed my face several times a day. Placing a cold wet flannel across your cheeks feels amazing, that's where I got it the worst.

When my hayfever kicked in I used to get sensitive to lots of other things like nickel and animal fur that I'm totally fine with the rest of the year so I just put it down to my skin being hyper sensitive during hayfever season :(
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Whenever I start feeling like that I take a benedryl. If it's early in the day I have to drink loads of coffee afterwards, but it helps reduce all of that itchy feeling for me :) Allergy shots might help, if not benedryl.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:39 pm

piriton is what my doc suggests for itching reactions (admittedly mainly dust)
superdrug own brand hayfeverand allergy tablets also help quite a bit with this i find
/emmy x

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks for your replies ladies, I shall be on the case when I'm next in town!

Unfortunately I can't really try the no make up thing, cuz I do a make up course at college and we HAVE to wear make up as it's all part of promotion and crap. I will make an effort to not wear it when I can though. ^_^
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

snapaxle

Post by snapaxle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 pm

I get this problem sometimes when the allergens get really bad. My eyes itch and my tattoos and piercings get swollen >.< Like a few above posters suggested, antihistamines like Benadryl definitely help a lot.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Madii wrote:Perhaps switch to less irritating makeup like mineral-based things for a while then? Might help a little bit. Oh go for the reeeeeally natural look. ;)
Actually, many mineral foundations contain ingredients that are known to irritate the glands in the face. I'd assume that if she's sensitive already, she'd probably have problems with mineral foundation.

pinkkitten

Post by pinkkitten » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:43 am

I get it too, hayfever sucks. Definitely try the allergy tablets they do the job for me usually :) I've been suffering cos I've not got round to buying any since I run out! Must buy some!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”