Rimmel Colorstay Foundation

SuperCollider

Rimmel Colorstay Foundation

Post by SuperCollider » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:37 am

I've used this foundation for the past 2 days... first I tried to apply it with my fingers, and if i touched the same place twice my skin started to roll up and peel off with the foundation, making it impossible to blend... [the peeling thing isn't new, it happens when I cleanse and moisturise]

So the next day I tried using a brush, but every mark was still visible after I blended.

Im using the oily/combination one and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help with applying it... I can't think of anything else apart from a sponge, and sponges just soak most of it up which is a waste.

Also, in the shop the label had already been pealed off so someone could of opened it, is that an issue? It was the only one left and wasn't going to get re-stocked for ages and it was the only liquid foundation I have found in my colour, I keep thinking someone might of spat in it which is causing my issues, but then again its probably just that I'm poop at applying it :]

Sorry this turned into a long post, it was supposed to be a short one before I went to bed XD any help would be fantastic, I start college again soon and feel really odd going out without nice skin [its very vein, but it makes me feel better :)]

Pallidity

Re: Rimmel Colorstay Foundation

Post by Pallidity » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am

Your skin shouldn't be peeling off after you clean and moisturize it. I think you might want to consider changing products or having your skin looked at.

Using a primer (you can even use something like an chafing relief gel Monistat makes if you don't want to spend loads on a "real" primer - they have the same ingredients) may help with blending. You apply your moisturizer and make sure it sits for a few minutes, then apply the primer, again letting it sit (it doesn't take very much primer either. I use about a dime size), then apply your foundation. If you dot the foundation on with your fingers before you rub it around your face you should get better, more even coverage because you aren't spreading it out from once particular place.

But srsly, if your skin is peeling then something is not right. Some facewashes and moisturizers make my skin do that, but I'm allergic to some of the ingredients in them. Definately check on a new brand and/or have your skin looked at. Exfoliating might help, too, depending on what the problem is.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”