skin help!

~Azaezl~

skin help!

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi ladies,

I really need some help with my skin, I have an oily t-zone which no matter how much make-up I put on 2 mins later it's shiny T ahoy. Anyway that's not my main problem what I have a major problem over is spots, big ugly boil type spots...ewwww!

I used to have fantastic skin when I was younger but since I hit 20ish my skin just turned to crud and the more bizarre thing is it only seems to be the right side of my face, the left side of my face / nose/ forehead is totally clear(apart from the shinyness as already mentioned) but the right side of my face & chin are always covered in spots / redness. A few months ago I would have put it down to my poor regime but the past 8 weeks+ I've been using st ives apricot scrub first thing in the morning, followed by a quick wipe with a sensitive skin cleansing wipe(to make sure all the grainy bits are gone) then I put moisturizer on. I don't often wear make-up, one or twice a week tops and only whilst I'm actually outside, which is no more then 4 or 5 hours then it's home and make-up off. Then last thing before bed I use either garnier deep pore wash or johnsons 3 in 1 facial wash, followed by a sensitive wipe and then moisturizer again. This regime combated my dry skin but it's done nothing for the spots, I don't know what to try I've used a few different face washes / scrubs / wipes / masks /creams etc but all they manage to do is keep my skin soft/smooth but the spots persist. I drink at least 2 litres of water a day(I read it's good for skin / hair) so that's covered, so I'm just looking for some suggestions from you all as you seem to have such beautiful, flawless skin, what do you use to keep your skin looking so fab?
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

LizSherman

Re: skin help!

Post by LizSherman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:33 pm

I have this problem!! I was going through packets of mattifying wipes trying to keep my greasy skin at bay, and getting the bad spots too :(
HOWEVER.
I have solved the greasy skin problem! "Vanishing Creme" by Lush is AMAZING. Seriously, I'll apply it, and be able to feel it on my skin when I apply it, but I do not get a single moment in the day where I'll need a wipe now! Even when I'm at work (I work in a cinema, so the atmosphere can be quite hot and sweaty) I'll manage a full day without breaking out in grease :)
I also found when I was using Herbalism by Lush that after a few weeks my boil-esque spots had subsided. But I friggin' HATE the smell of that stuff :(

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:45 pm

I don't know if it's the same for you but I realised that the side of my face I got more spots on was the side i tended to sleep on. So I started delierately sleeping on the other side on some nights and it's sorted itself out :)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks Liz x I'll be ordering some vanishing creme & herbalism see how I get on with them, I've heard lush is meant to be great, I've only ever had a couple of bath bombs from there(presents from my mother in law). I think I can put up with any smells / unpleasantness, believe me I've tried some pretty gross things to get rid of my spots, including a process called oil pulling, all I'm going to say is ewwww, never want to go there again!

Iamtheparty - my husband suggested that but most of the time I sleep on either my left side or my back, I find it uncomfortable sleeping on my right hand side.
Facebook

Hotmess

Post by Hotmess » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 am

I think thats called cystic acne, I also get this unfortunately :(.
The only thing that I've tried to do is moisturize my face, and only use mineral makeup + Monistat. For some reason, Monistat really helps my skin.

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:57 am

It's weird how I suddenly developed all these spots when I hit my 20's, in my teens I was pretty much spot free and even though I did nothing to look after my skin it always looked great.

hotmess - I'm going to lush on my birthday to get a load of supplies, see how I get on with that if it has no effect then I'll try monistat.I also only use mineral make-up not that it seems much good, it's ok for covering the redness and lessening the appearance of the spots but does nothing for my dark circles.

Maybe my spots are caused by the air around here or something because my skin changed when I moved here, my friend is the same when she lived in gloucster her skin was great when she moved back to cambs she turned into spot central like me, I'll be passing on the suggestions to her as well.
Facebook

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:43 am

hmm let me know how that lush stuff turns out- ight invest in some- im gett a lil bit fed up with cheek spots too- just the place it notices worst too. grrrrrr *curses her skin*

skakitty

Post by skakitty » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 am

Hey, I suffer from horrible greasy face and lots of spots also, it's recently that it's been getting worse (maybe due to the medication i'm taking? effexor) I found a good article on
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk and from that i'm gonna try 'freederm' because i seem to get a lot of the red angry spots :(

Also- i rem on the old board there was mention of the UK version of 'monistat' but i can't rem the name! also- is the uk version a cream or gel?

Cheers :)

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:40 pm

i tried freederm gel, wasn't very successful, i found the benzly peroxide creams much better

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Well I'll be starting the lush regime from monday so I'll let you know how I get on with that, hopefully it'll work or at least help alot.
Facebook

KittenAttack

Post by KittenAttack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Regarding that the worst of it is on one side of your face, I've heard that if you don't clean off your phone(since it constantly rubs against your face when you talk) it can cause bacteria to build up and cause/make acne worse. So now after I talk on the phone I wipe it off with alcohol - amazing what comes off of it - usually foundation stains. So if you haven't cleaned it in a while, a lot has probably built up. But who knows, maybe it isn't on the same side you talk on the phone with. You might want to try washing your pillow cases once or twice a week as well.

Other than that...I have heard time and again that diet and stress has a lot to do with acne(although some say diet has nothing to do with it) but I believe it is absolutely true. Whenever I have put forth a big effort in eating fresh foods and not junk stuff, my skin is always clearer. Drinking more water can help, too. And lastly, maybe check out Bio Oil - I put it on at night and notice a difference in the next day or two in how my skin looks. It sure is oily but if you put it on at night, it will soak in and the next morning you'll wash your face anyway.

Good luck! I have battled acne for a looong time and it really is frustrating trying to find the perfect combination of products.

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:56 pm

I agree with the phone thing, also if you rest your hand on that side of your face or something then that's gonna affect your skin.
I used freederm and I found it worked wonders. My skin's pretty flawless most of the time but every so often I get really painful spots that can take anything up to a month to go. They're not like usual spots and for a while they just look like a horrible lump under my skin...hmm. If all else fails I would try freederm, it's quite expensive but it really worked for me.
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

skakitty

Post by skakitty » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Becca wrote:I agree with the phone thing, also if you rest your hand on that side of your face or something then that's gonna affect your skin.
I used freederm and I found it worked wonders. My skin's pretty flawless most of the time but every so often I get really painful spots that can take anything up to a month to go. They're not like usual spots and for a while they just look like a horrible lump under my skin...hmm. If all else fails I would try freederm, it's quite expensive but it really worked for me.
Yes this is exactly like my skin- i also get lots of 'white spots' bt the ones that bother me most are red, start as a painful lump then get bigger and sometimes *yuk* pus filled.

i've tried normal 'spot treatment' gel and they do go eventually but i'm not sure if thats down to the gel or just natural so i'm trying freederm cuz it said on that netdoctor thing to try it if the other stuff is not strong enough/isnt working and for the type of spots i'm getting. i'll update in a few weeks with progress!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:49 pm

I have no idea what's causing them on just 1 side of my face, I've thought about all the things suggested like sleeping on a certain side using the phone etc and I do all of that on the left but it's the right side that's spot infested. I've got all my lush goodies so will give that a go and let you know if it helps :D
Facebook

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 pm

KittenAttack wrote:although some say diet has nothing to do with it
What a load of junk, of course diet will effect your skin.
If you eat a salad you don't get grease on your face round the mouth area where as a Big mac will and if your like me you will somehow get it on your forehead too :roll:

I found for me a facial scrub (can't rememember the name) followed my clean and clear toner works wonders where as freederm and quiniderm sucked :(

Dude

Post by Dude » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 am

I have bad skin due to my PCOS, I tried every spot treatment going (over the counter and script)
The over the counter was not strong enough, script ones worked for 2-3 weeks then failed. Now I am on Zineryt (Erythromyciz/Zinc Acetate Lotion) and it has so far worked.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Princess Pea

Post by Princess Pea » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 pm

I've had this problem for years now and I'm 24! Drives me mad. I used to have very oily skin, but now its not only spotty but also very dry and sensitive (guess from trying so many products). I've had pills/creams/gels from docs and tried over the counter stuff to.

I did have this battery powered thing my mom got on line (called Zeno I think) which basically zaps spots (with hot metal thing) before they become 'white heads' (sounds terrifying doesn't it?! :shock: ) but I found this only eased the pain of those big sore ones, which was great, but still left me spotty.

Randomly I tried 'Sudocrem' recently (its an antiseptic cream used for nappy rash) and my skin has really started to clear! I don't know if it would help you but it might be worth ago.(I know how crap its makes you feel when your skin won't behave!)
Give Peas a chance

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:34 am

Well it's only been a few days and so far I haven't got any more spots, my head isn't as oily anymore and my pores are alot smaller, so hopefully the lush regime is working and my skin will keep on getting better :D
Facebook

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:19 pm

I'm fed up with my gleaming nose & huge pores ! I was thinking about getting some mattifying Lush stuff.
now, because of what you girlies have said, I'll definately be buying some next week :)
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

skakitty

Post by skakitty » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 am

ok i've been trying out the freederm stuff for a week and i've only had one more red spot appear which is great= and the other ones are going down :) the only thing i would advise is dont use it without a mosturiser! i found this out on friday when i thought my skin was peeling LOL but it was the freederm peeling :/

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

~Azaezl~ wrote:It's weird how I suddenly developed all these spots when I hit my 20's, in my teens I was pretty much spot free and even though I did nothing to look after my skin it always looked great.

hotmess - I'm going to lush on my birthday to get a load of supplies, see how I get on with that if it has no effect then I'll try monistat.I also only use mineral make-up not that it seems much good, it's ok for covering the redness and lessening the appearance of the spots but does nothing for my dark circles.

Maybe my spots are caused by the air around here or something because my skin changed when I moved here, my friend is the same when she lived in gloucster her skin was great when she moved back to cambs she turned into spot central like me, I'll be passing on the suggestions to her as well.
Sorry if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking you have a child...? Because I know a lot of people who used to have very clear skin but started to suffer with acne after they had children.

Also, the diet thing really p****s me off. I eat well & my skin is a mess. I know people who shove fast food down their throats 24/7 and have the most gorgeous, clear, beautiful skin.

It's so unfair =(
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am

Yes your right, I have a 3yr old daughter but my skin troubles started long before I had her. It really does seem to have started when I moved down here which is odd because I'd have figured living in a city with more pollution etc would mean worse skin :lol:

I love lush!!!! I'm really starting to notice the differnce in my skin now, even the dark circles under my eyes seem to be going, my pores are alot smaller and I've had a few spots but not as many as I normally do and none of the big boil type ones, plus the ones that have popped up go pretty fast and any scarring doesn't seem to last as long. Like the boil type ones I always popped because they hurt soooo much, I tried to leave one once, 3 weeks in pain and I thought forget it I'll pop it and just deal with the scar, anyway all the scars from those popping sprees are disappearing alot faster, normally it would take 2 months to be completely gone sometimes longer but they seem to be completely gone after 3 or so weeks. My skin also feels soooo soft and smooth and looks better then it has in years. I really noticed the difference in the gentleness of lush stuff when I used a regular face wipe on my face to get rid of some make-up because I was in a big rush, omg it was like I'd put acid on my face, the burning was just awful and they were sensitive wipes as well, I ran to the bathroom to spalsh my face with water...never again! I'm totally converted to lush now :D
Facebook

HeartlesSoul

Post by HeartlesSoul » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Becca wrote:I agree with the phone thing, also if you rest your hand on that side of your face or something then that's gonna affect your skin.
That's what I suffer from, and they friggin hurt!I also suffer from spots & greece, but! Clean & Clear's shine control gel stuff seems to be working for me (greece wise).

I'll have to somehow get a hold of some freederm and see if it works for me...

It's really horrible, I'm starting college next week (first year there). I've been working since August to get clear skin, but yesterday one of those large-under-skin spots appeared, and it reeeaaaaallllyyyy hurts. -Sigh-
:i3:

HeartlesSoul

Post by HeartlesSoul » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Princess Pea wrote:I've had this problem for years now and I'm 24! Drives me mad. I used to have very oily skin, but now its not only spotty but also very dry and sensitive (guess from trying so many products). I've had pills/creams/gels from docs and tried over the counter stuff to.

I did have this battery powered thing my mom got on line (called Zeno I think) which basically zaps spots (with hot metal thing) before they become 'white heads' (sounds terrifying doesn't it?! :shock: ) but I found this only eased the pain of those big sore ones, which was great, but still left me spotty.

Randomly I tried 'Sudocrem' recently (its an antiseptic cream used for nappy rash) and my skin has really started to clear! I don't know if it would help you but it might be worth ago.(I know how crap its makes you feel when your skin won't behave!)
Oh really? -slips off to the bathroom-

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:14 pm

right im off to buy that lush stuff

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”