foundations

Miss_Panda

foundations

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Im currently using Rimmels foundations..but they tend to make my face sting in some area's are really aren't matching my skin colour like i want it too but seeing as ivory was the lightest i had to get that :P

Are they any brands you could reccomend that go lighter than Ivory, and won't make my skin sting, gives good cover that will last more than a few hours, won't make my skin oily etc
Also what would the lighter than Ivory cause i can't seem to find it but im sure lighter shades will exist in the other brands.
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Phoenix

Re: foundations

Post by Phoenix » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:17 am

Mac's NC15 and NW15 are among some of the lightest foundations I've found. I use the studio fix liquid but I tried the studio fix powder and didn't get on with it. Benefit's Jax playstick is very light too, though it is a stick so it can go on patchy. Max Factor do a light foundation too, though I can't remember the name of it.

Some brands do have lighter shades, though usually they are called Ivory or Porcelain. I usually ignore the names as one brands Ivory can be two shades darker than another brands.

malevolentglitter

Post by malevolentglitter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:34 am

bobbi brown
and
L'oreal stick foundation

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:55 am

I used to use a L'Oreal one that was really really light. Infallible or something.

Also, there's that range that the pale one from Girls Aloud did with Jelly Pong Pong especially for pale girls.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Phoenix wrote:Mac's NC15 and NW15 are among some of the lightest foundations I've found. I use the studio fix liquid but I tried the studio fix powder and didn't get on with it. Benefit's Jax playstick is very light too, though it is a stick so it can go on patchy. Max Factor do a light foundation too, though I can't remember the name of it.

Some brands do have lighter shades, though usually they are called Ivory or Porcelain. I usually ignore the names as one brands Ivory can be two shades darker than another brands.
yea i no what you mean about some ivory brands be darker than other i have two by rimmel and one of them is slightly darker :/ think i mite aswell throw that one away :P

im gonna check MAC's out cause im gonna get some more things of them i think ^^
malevolentglitter wrote:bobbi brown
and
L'oreal stick foundation
iamtheparty wrote:I used to use a L'Oreal one that was really really light. Infallible or something.

Also, there's that range that the pale one from Girls Aloud did with Jelly Pong Pong especially for pale girls.
im gonna check out L'oreal ones aswell as it may be a bit more afforable than MAC :lol:

if anyone else can suggest some please post them ^^

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:46 pm

i'm pretty sure the mac foundation i use is shade 15 (nw i think..) and i wouldn't say it was that pale. you can see pics of it in my make up show offs.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

sally

Post by sally » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

iamtheparty wrote:Also, there's that range that the pale one from Girls Aloud did with Jelly Pong Pong especially for pale girls.
I use this one. I've used both the white and the ivory, and I can definitely recommend them :) They make my skin really even and matte-looking, and I pop powder over the top if i need a bit more colour that day :)

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:56 pm

were can u buy them from?
cause i can't find them

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm

sally wrote:
iamtheparty wrote:Also, there's that range that the pale one from Girls Aloud did with Jelly Pong Pong especially for pale girls.
I use this one. I've used both the white and the ivory, and I can definitely recommend them :) They make my skin really even and matte-looking, and I pop powder over the top if i need a bit more colour that day :)
Sorry for a bit of thread stealing but is the white actually white?

sally

Post by sally » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes, but goes on nice and smooth and sheer, and not all pasty like other white foundations.. Of course, if you actually WANT to look white, you can layer it up a bit, and that works too :D

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 pm

B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful do a good one called Babydoll, which I really like. Id only really reccomend it with dry skin or if you wanna use powder over it though.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 pm

MAC has been the only liquid foundation that has ever worked for me or closely matched my skin. Bare Minerals is good too but the shades aren't for everyone and they don't cover up everything. They have two light shades, one is called Light and one is called Fair and they both come with two shades if you get the bug kit.

Macd

Post by Macd » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm

if your finding yor face is oily when you apply the foundation u should look for one that is water based or oil free . if you go in to shops like frasers or debhnams the makeup counter will match a foundation to your skin tone as well x

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 am

I use MAC or BNever in Binky which is the lightest shade in their foundation.

I quite want to try the one by Nicola from GA but the postage from ASOS puts me off. If I was buying somehting else from there I would probably buy it at the same time to try.

You have to be careful with pale skin as it can look quite orangey if it is the wrong shade, even if it is pale. Which is why MAC is good because they do warm tones and cool tones, so you do get a better match.

I would advise just chucking your non-matching foundations as they will probably be making you look worse, better to wear nothing or get a tinted moisturiser. Also, the one that stings, that really doesn't sound good!

I used to use l'oreal and they do some pale ones, the shades will vary between types of foundation though. Also some shops won't carry all the colours, I went to a local boots and they didn't have the same shade I used, but they did have about 5 others, they hadn't run out they just didn't carry it. In the big boots in town they had about 8 shades. So it might be worth trying bigger branches of shops to see what they have.

I also used an Urban Decay one, which came in a very pale shade, I think maybe even slightly too pale for me (but at least it didn't look orangey). I didn't like it that much because it felt sticky when I was putting it on and I thought the design of the bottle was bad and hard to use, but I got loads of compliments on my skin when I used that one, so I guess it looked nice!

Do you mind whether they are animal tested? That's why I stopped using l'oreal.
telling it like it is!

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:53 am

I've heard some pretty awesome things about Makeup Forever's HD foundation. I'm saving up for it ($40/jar), so I can't suggest it personally, but a few friends have it and swear by it. I've looked at it at Sephora and they have A TON of shades, too.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”