Skincare Products *Bad Reviews*

faticeira

Skincare Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:14 am

Post all of you negative reviews for all skincare products in this thread.

*Please note that allergic reactions are more personal and do not affect everyone. Stick to what the product failed to do that it claimed it would do.

Make the product name the first sentence so it is clear and then write your review underneath.

MissAnthropik

Re: Skincare Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Pit rock push up crystal deodorant

I bought this when I gave up deodorants with aluminium in, looking for an alternative. It is a natural crystal which you have to apply wet. You push it up when it starts to wear down. It says it will last for at least a year. I used it every day for about 6 months, and it never got any smaller, I honestly think it would last forever! I didn't really want it to last forever though as it didn't do very much at all! Certainly on hot days where you get sweaty I would end up smelling by the end of the day. I persevered with it for a while and in the end had to give up with it. I don't know whether I was doing somehting wrong but it just didn't do anything at all.

I have recommended a Lush deodoarnt in the positive reviews section for those that would like an aluminium-free deodorant

Bionsen natural crystal spray deodorant

I tried this one after I gave up with the pit rock crystal one. This one is lumps of crystal in an empty spray bottle which you fill up with water and can refill up to 5 times. This one worked well, I am not giving it a bad review because of that. The crystals got smaller over time and it definitely worked, although on some days it wasn't enough... But, I am appalled at the amount of plastic packaging in a "natural " product - there is the spray bottle itself, which you have to buy a new one of after you have refilled 5 times, why don't they sell the crystals separately? which is then inside a plastic box, sat in a moulded plastic thing so it suspends in the middle of the box. How much plastic do they need? And could I find an email address so I could tell them this? No. So that is why I am writing a negative review.
telling it like it is!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Haha, I tried that Biosen crystal bottle deodorant thing in my quest for a deodorant that works! Actually did nothing for me, thank God for Lush!
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Crystal Stick Body Deoderant

I used this and it didn't work at all. I wouldn't bother using the stick/rock deoderants. Adidas makes a good aluminum-free deoderant.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Simple face mask/light moisturiser
these are far too oily even for dry skin and really encourage break outs :o
/emmy x

Sybafairy

Post by Sybafairy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Lilinth wrote:Simple face mask/light moisturiser
these are far too oily even for dry skin and really encourage break outs :o

I totally agree!
Have been using the simple moisturiser for about a week and havent been this spotty since i was a teen!
You end up incredibly shiny as it doesnt seem to be absorbed into the skin, so after a few hours you get a shiny greasy forehead.
Disappointing as i love their cleanser
Blue Army ----- Cavalry Commander and General Nommer of biscuits

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:21 am

Proactive.

It didn't work.. and the toner smelt of eggs. WTF.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Nanou2 wrote:Proactive.

Anything seen on tv is crap.

Uh, does the PedEgg come under skincare? It's crap! It is basically an overpriced cheese grater.
Mum bought it because they had them on sale at my local mall for $10, and apparently it was the real thing.
It make my feet flake even more. And it can be highly irritating on sensitive skin.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:27 am

rivetlicker_ wrote: Anything seen on tv is crap.

Uh, does the PedEgg come under skincare? It's crap! It is basically an overpriced cheese grater.
Mum bought it because they had them on sale at my local mall for $10, and apparently it was the real thing.
It make my feet flake even more. And it can be highly irritating on sensitive skin.
:lol:

the advert always makes me think of parmesan cheese when they empty it into the bin - it looks disgusting :|
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Nivea Visage Oil-Free Moisturising Fluid

Utterly, utterly useless, and not in the slightest bit mattifying. I ran out of my usual moisturiser, and this was the only thing my mum had lying around.

It claims to regulate oily skin, and creates a matte look. Yeah right. By midday my face felt like an oil slick, and was shinier than ever. Yes, it's a warm and muggy day today but it felt greasy as I put it on, and my skin never gets that bad normally and it just felt so awful.

In the end I had to wash my face again with Coalface to dry it up a bit.

DeadGirl SUPERSTAR

Post by DeadGirl SUPERSTAR » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:03 pm

I woke up this morning, to not being able to open up my eyes.

I've used Murad skin treatment for acne before, and it was the only thing that's every really worked for me. I had to stop using it though for about a year because of the cost, but just got some more about two days ago.

I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but my whole face swelled up and I got a nasty chemical burn. I'm treating it with aloe vera and benadryl. Thank god Sephora has a nice return policy.

SilverSmear

Post by SilverSmear » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:42 am

Dove Intense Therpy: It was really oily and seemed to float over my dry skin. I went through the whole bottle but I really dont think I will get it again.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." Lewis Carroll

Dark_Minx

Post by Dark_Minx » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Palmolive Soft and gentle Cool Touch

This stuff is rubbish. I can put it on and about 2 hours later after being at work, I start to smell and not of nice deodrant. I've used the other fragrances they do and have never had such hassle. It really becomes pointless even putting it on.

kiss_of_death

Post by kiss_of_death » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Murad Acne Treatment

it made my face redder and burnt like heck and very dry. horrible stuff and expensive
I wont do it with you, I'll do it to you!
Email = death_kiss_dreads@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/deathkissdreads

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Benefit Jiffy Tan

Now, before I go on I will say it does actually give quite a nice, not-too-obvious tan effect. However, it is horribly difficult to apply. It says it doesn't go streaky but instead it sort of rubs off and you have to really blend it in. It stains your hands badly as well.

Maybe using smaller amounts and building it up like that might help. It does smell lush as well.

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 pm

I have really really bad skin. Its oily, I have large pores and I get lots of blacj heads and stuff, so after I did some research I found that Clinique would be the best option. I had already decided to spend money on an expensive product just to see if it would make any difference. I purchased Clinique products that are for oily but sensitive skin. Howeerv after the seocnd day of using them, my face actually started to bleed! I was horrified, and I haven't used them since. I also purchased their anti gravity eye cream to try and rid myself of the bags that they promised it would remove but nothing...absolutely nothing.
Unless you have had a good experience with Clinique previously/currently, then I would stay well away.
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

BloodHoney

Post by BloodHoney » Mon May 24, 2010 2:04 am

Proactive gets a big thumb downs from me.

Many years ago I ordered the kit after hearing good things about it. I used it for a week or so and was seeing an improvement in my greasy, pimply teenage skin. Then one morning I woke up and my face was bright red and peeling. I went straight to the ER. I don't have sensitive skin and followed the directions exactly, but I got a terrible chemical burn from that stuff. Proceed with caution!
Website? Yup, I have one of those! www.bloodhoney.net

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am

Simply Pure Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
Stings my eyes, isn't very good at removing mascara just smears it and leaves an oily residue around my eyes.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 am

kyandii wrote:Simply Pure Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
Stings my eyes, isn't very good at removing mascara just smears it and leaves an oily residue around my eyes.
Agreed.

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Lorny wrote:
kyandii wrote:Simply Pure Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
Agreed.
I keep trying to leave a review on the superdrug website but they keep deleting it :roll:

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:16 pm

LUSH Ayesha fresh face mask

Have used it twice and it just seems to dry out my skin
Plus it's also quite hard to get off :(

Not for me
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

beccah

Post by beccah » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Boots Cucumber Eye Makeup Remover Gel

This is cheap and you get a lot for your money but thats where the plusses end. It's sticky,leaves a horrible gelly residue round my eyes and stings soso much!

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Nivea- 10 day cellulite serum

does nothing. I bought 2 bottles and used this product for 6 weeks! not even the slightest reduction in cellulite. No idea what's going on in the minds of all the people who gave it positive reviews on Boots site. I know that the chances of a cream reducing cellulite are extemely slim but I have tried literally everything else and yet again-another money wasting failure. rubbish

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

Lady J

Post by Lady J » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Nanou2 wrote:Proactive.

Yeesh, to be avoided.
Fixing problems with your hair, alopecia and others.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”