Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

User avatar
faticeira
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:56 am
Location: London, United Kingdom

Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 am

Post all of you negative reviews for all hair products in this thread. Make sure it is because the product did not do what it claims to do.

*Please note that allergic reactions are more personal and do not affect everyone else.

Make the product name the first sentence so it is clear and then write your review underneath.

Mischief

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Mischief » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Jerome Russel Punky Color Gel

This stuff was terrible! It simply just does not work. I put it on my hair (which had been bleached to white) and nothing happened. I kept it on for at least 2 hours and nothing happened. I contacted another girl who used the same thing and she said the same thing happened to her. I've heard now from a number of people that this stuff does not work for them.

I think they have now discontinued the gels.

User avatar
tazzyface
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by tazzyface » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Fudge Paintbox Hair Colours

This stuff is awful, it didn't work for me or any of my friends. I've tried the purple, blue and pink and it all fades almost entirely by the first wash, even with bleaching beforehand. The last time I tried to dye my fringe purple, it washed out completely when I was rinsing it out. It's not even cheap either, it's almost as much as Manic Panic and SFX cost here except you get a much tinier bottle :x
More human than human

User avatar
Neon Black
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Scarborough, UK
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Neon Black » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Simple shampoo and conditioner

I've only use the one for coloured hair, but I bought it as I have a sensitive scalp/skin and was getting a rash right down my back (I have waist lenght hair) from the other shampoo/conditioner I was using, and while it didn't irritate my skin anymore, my hair felt very dry and dull after using it, it tangled really easily and felt really course and just looked awful.
I gave up using it, would rather have an itchy back than rubbish hair ;)

User avatar
Miss_Panda
Posts: 2706
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Neon Black wrote:Simple shampoo and conditioner

I've only use the one for coloured hair, but I bought it as I have a sensitive scalp/skin and was getting a rash right down my back (I have waist lenght hair) from the other shampoo/conditioner I was using, and while it didn't irritate my skin anymore, my hair felt very dry and dull after using it, it tangled really easily and felt really course and just looked awful.
I gave up using it, would rather have an itchy back than rubbish hair ;)
i second that! the shampoo made my hair dry and and look extremely dull
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

User avatar
HeartlesSoul
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:16 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by HeartlesSoul » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:23 am

L'Oriel hair dye's

I have tried several colours, and they all wash out within a week or two. So much for perminant!

User avatar
faticeira
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:56 am
Location: London, United Kingdom

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 am

Any Pantene product.

I know a lot of people love this brand, however, when I have tried it which was several times, it only seems to work for me for 2 washes and condition, then it is just horrible and my hair gets all frizzy and in bad condition.

User avatar
Tainted
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Northern Ireland, UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Tainted » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 pm

faticeira wrote:Any Pantene product.

I know a lot of people love this brand, however, when I have tried it which was several times, it only seems to work for me for 2 washes and condition, then it is just horrible and my hair gets all frizzy and in bad condition.
I 2nd this point.

Products worked for me for around 2/3 washes then my hair felt greasy and unclean, even after washing twice :?

User avatar
ScarletLady
Posts: 5966
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:41 am
Location: South of the Water
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 pm

if i use pantene i end up with a bush on my head :roll:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

poisonedblueeyes
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 am
Location: washington, usa
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by poisonedblueeyes » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 am

manic panic raven hair dye in the jar,
this hair dye sucks! it gets all over any part of your skin that you accidentally get it on andtakes longer than normal to remove. this product is seriously not for people that want their hair to be black not brown. it definitle fades to brown really soon it washed out and it honestly sticks to your scalp. do not use this hairdye it is not good quality. stuff from the drugstore like feria starry night black is MUCH better.

User avatar
Mal
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:54 am
Location: melbourne, australia.

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Mal » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:21 am

Pantene

Makes me break out along my hair line and my hair feels gross and greasy.
Don't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole..

User avatar
tazzyface
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by tazzyface » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:38 pm

poisonedblueeyes wrote:manic panic raven hair dye in the jar,
this hair dye sucks! it gets all over any part of your skin that you accidentally get it on andtakes longer than normal to remove. this product is seriously not for people that want their hair to be black not brown. it definitle fades to brown really soon it washed out and it honestly sticks to your scalp. do not use this hairdye it is not good quality. stuff from the drugstore like feria starry night black is MUCH better.
Ditto this, I used it on the under-layers of my hair (two bottles of SFX was not enough to cover my whole head and it was all I had left that would match) and it turned out a dark green colour. It looked fairly black and it was on the bits of my hair that no one would see that often so I was okay with it, it was only meant to be temporary until I got my paws on more blue dye... one wash and BAM, it turned an array of colours including green, grey and brown.

The last time I used it, which was a few years ago, it turned out brown. Can't comment on the staying power then as I was unimpressed and used Clairol on top. Which reminds me...

Clairol Nice n' Easy in natural black

Everyone says the staying power on this is amazing but even on my hair prior to bleaching, it faded to a cola-brown within a few washes. It was also not as natural as I was expecting. A pity because it looked too unnatural right after dying, but I couldn't fade it to a better black after the first wash because it just turned brown.
More human than human

User avatar
fustmuffin
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by fustmuffin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 am

Neutrogena T/gel
Made me smell like I had just been out putting creosote on the shed and did absolutely nothing for my itchy scalp.

User avatar
BossyLibraryLady
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Lurking in the 700s

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Joico Body Luxe shampoo & conditioner - my already greasy hair felt like it had just been covered in Crisco after using this crap. Horrible, horrible stuff... the only body it gives you is overly perfumed and decidedly dead-looking. :(

User avatar
Pallidity
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:31 am
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Pallidity » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:45 am

Special Effects (SFX) hair dye

I've used this dye on several occassions, and have used several shades of pink, purple, and blue. I've always applied it to bleached hair, and each time the dye has lasted, at most, two days before fading to a very light color. I've attempted to heat set it, have applied it to clean and dirty hair that has been dry and towel dried. I've tried applying it with conditioner, dying the hair multiple times in one evening, etc. It never stays in for more than one or two washes before fading. I have a feeling that it doesn't hold up well to harder water. Definately not worth the money to have it shipped when Manic Panic and Beyond Zone are readily available at Sallys for less (usually buy 1 get 1 free, too). Several friends have had similar experiences, two of whom are hairdressing students. Go figure.

User avatar
Lilinth
Posts: 1941
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Lilinth » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 pm

SFX Sonic Green

i have to say that this colour is absolutely amazing...but doesn't last for any sort of time, when i used iguana green i had lively green hair for weeks, with sonic green by the end of the week i had a shade i will only refer to as 'decomposing mermaid' :shock:
/emmy x

User avatar
WasteOfAnAngel
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Northwest UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by WasteOfAnAngel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:21 am

Pallidity wrote:Special Effects (SFX) hair dye
While it's very true on the blues and purples I have tried that they don't last I have to disagree very strongly on the pinks. Or at least their Atomic Pink.

The first time I used their Atomic pink was when I was rather poor and couldn't afford to keep up with the upkeep on roots, and after three months it was still a very bright pink. It had faded to more like the cupcake pink shade by then but the vibrancy and intensity had both lasted incredibly well. Almost compensating for my massive roots and the fact the other half of my hair had faded to some sort of copper and green monstrosity after a failed black from La Riche Directions.

It was over white white bleached to within an inch of its life hair and I found it to be the best dye I have ever used. Although when the three months were up and I needed to get it back to a normal colour for some interviews it just would not bleach away. 3 coats of bleach and a stripper and it was still very much pink. I ended up having to dye permanent black over it which has meant I've not been able to get lighter than a rather warm blonde ever since.

But yeah. That pink is fantastic in my eyes. I have it in again at the minute and although it's quite a bit darker than I'd hoped with the gingery base it's still a wonderful colour and hasn't faded noticeably over the three weeks since I dyed it.
Kitty xx

User avatar
Lilinth
Posts: 1941
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Lilinth » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 pm

WasteOfAnAngel wrote:
Pallidity wrote:Special Effects (SFX) hair dye
While it's very true on the blues and purples I have tried that they don't last I have to disagree very strongly on the pinks. Or at least their Atomic Pink.

The first time I used their Atomic pink was when I was rather poor and couldn't afford to keep up with the upkeep on roots, and after three months it was still a very bright pink. It had faded to more like the cupcake pink shade by then but the vibrancy and intensity had both lasted incredibly well. Almost compensating for my massive roots and the fact the other half of my hair had faded to some sort of copper and green monstrosity after a failed black from La Riche Directions.

It was over white white bleached to within an inch of its life hair and I found it to be the best dye I have ever used. Although when the three months were up and I needed to get it back to a normal colour for some interviews it just would not bleach away. 3 coats of bleach and a stripper and it was still very much pink. I ended up having to dye permanent black over it which has meant I've not been able to get lighter than a rather warm blonde ever since.

But yeah. That pink is fantastic in my eyes. I have it in again at the minute and although it's quite a bit darker than I'd hoped with the gingery base it's still a wonderful colour and hasn't faded noticeably over the three weeks since I dyed it.
not to be rude but this should be in the good reviews section
/emmy x

User avatar
Miss_Panda
Posts: 2706
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Tainted wrote:
faticeira wrote:Any Pantene product.

I know a lot of people love this brand, however, when I have tried it which was several times, it only seems to work for me for 2 washes and condition, then it is just horrible and my hair gets all frizzy and in bad condition.
I 2nd this point.

Products worked for me for around 2/3 washes then my hair felt greasy and unclean, even after washing twice :?
yea i was at my OH and thats the only shampoo they had, it was the classic care one and it made my hair awful..i couldn't even brush it hardly after i washed it and went really tangly + the next day it was greasy :/
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

User avatar
Pixie1802
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Norwich, UK
Contact:

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Pixie1802 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:18 am

L'oreal Elvive Re-nutrition Nourishing Fluid

Stear clear ladies! Says it is meant to replenish dry and dried out hair - I doesn't!
Used it on my OH because of over processing and came to straighten it this morning and his hair is even drier than before! His hair has gone very brittle and breaking too easily, and just when I had got it to a decent stage of not doing it!
I put some on my hair yesterday and it is already feeling greasy and dirty.

Glad I never paid anything for it, god bless hand outs!
Exist to Inspire and Expand Your Imagination - Jeffrey Nero Hardy

User avatar
paran0ir
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by paran0ir » Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 pm

L'Oreal Feria Colour 3D

I had high hopes for this after seeing the shade on the box, but the initial dying left me with orangy patches (despite it going over an even colour) and it only took two washes for it to start fading VERY noticably. Plus the conditioner that cames with it left my hair very dry and looking generally unhealthy.

Steer clear!

User avatar
Lilinth
Posts: 1941
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Lilinth » Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 pm

paran0ir wrote:L'Oreal Feria Colour 3D

I had high hopes for this after seeing the shade on the box, but the initial dying left me with orangy patches (despite it going over an even colour) and it only took two washes for it to start fading VERY noticably. Plus the conditioner that cames with it left my hair very dry and looking generally unhealthy.

Steer clear!
this used to be really good but the last time i used it it faded off to grey...i thought it was an overbleaching issue but now i'm not so sure...
/emmy x

User avatar
rivetlicker_
Posts: 4561
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 pm

La Riche Directions - Turquoise.

Turned out bright green on my yellow bleached hair (I can't risk damage), even mixed with my usual WAKK and SFX/Fudge mix to make my petrol green.
Really wasn't worth the $18 that I paid for it, considering the small amount in the jar and how it didn't take to my hair.
Isn't that much cheaper to buy online either.

User avatar
WalksWithStrangers
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:08 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:La Riche Directions - Turquoise.

Turned out bright green on my yellow bleached hair (I can't risk damage), even mixed with my usual WAKK and SFX/Fudge mix to make my petrol green.
Really wasn't worth the $18 that I paid for it, considering the small amount in the jar and how it didn't take to my hair.
Isn't that much cheaper to buy online either.
Jesus $18?! Even with conversion that's about £8..

Elvive colour protect shampoo + conditioner

Used a box day a few months ago to get my hair black, one that i use regularly that usually lasts /fine/, and this faded it quite significantly, and made it seriously dull after 3 washes - not worth the money!
Texas Chainsaw Teletubby: Po!

CandyBubbles
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:27 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by CandyBubbles » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 am

Manic Panic - Virgin Snow Toner

I bleached my hair carefully three times and applied the toner awhile after. I read the instuctions, applied heat and let it set to absorb and it didn't live up to it's name unfortunatley. Instead it got rid of some unwanted brassy/gingery tones (if you can tell), but that's it. It wasn't worth the $23 in my opinion :(

Post Reply

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests