Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

reddeadheaded

Re: Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by reddeadheaded » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Crab tree and Evelyn

Awesome stuff, My Mum introduced me to this brand, its not cheap but some of there products are well worth the money so i will occassionally treat myself to somthing when i can

GardenersHand Therapy Cream, I dont even have a garden lol But this is the best hand cream ive ever used !!

GardenersHand Scrub with Pumice , if you want to give your hands an extra treat!! and this stuff is also good for your feet!! two product in one :i2:

La SourceRelaxing Bath Tablets , this is just somthing i induldge myself in when i do have spare cash and it turns the bath water blue!!

La SourceExfoliating Body Scrub with Pumice oooo just smells yum and leave you feeling very very soft

lol Ive done plugging this stuff now (i could go on.. :i9: )

Amaryllis

Post by Amaryllis » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:29 am

I have a lot of allergies so I get a lot of of problem patchy red, dry skin - particularly on my forehead.

My mum recently recommended a product line to me called Avene

I love it! It's great.
It's all based on thermal hot spring water, and there's a line within it particularly for intolerate/irritated skin.

So right now I'm using a No-rinse cleanser, a thermal water spray, and a repairing moisturiser.
Nearly 21 years of my life, and this has been the product to make a significant difference.
My skin is a lot softer, the patchiness has gone away significantly - so yeah, highly recommended.

http://www.avene.com.au/ That's the Australian website.

Dark_Minx

Post by Dark_Minx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Lush Santa's Rice Porrige Face Mask

This stuff is utterly amazing!

I suffer from very dry and sensitive skin, I've tried some face masks and whilst they smell nice, they never really work as after an hour I'm back to flaky skin. But i went into Lush and was given this as a sample as they had none in til the next day. I tried some and although it was slightly awkward to apply, it really did work! My skin felt gorgeous and soft afterwards. I applied some Lush moisturiser after and it was still soft and hydrated when I woke up the next morning. I give this a massive thumbs up!

AmberLilith

Post by AmberLilith » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

The Body Shop Vitamin E range

I've been using the cleanser and toner from this range most days for about a year and i love it!
Also love the day and night moisturising creams and the vitamin E oil.

The products have a smooth texture and smell clean and healthy... and leave my skin feeling smooth, clean and healthy too.
The vitamin E oil is also useful for anyone who is trying to stretch their ears or other piercings -it's exactly what you need to be using to help keep the skin supple.
Indigo Thunder hair falls
Custom and pre-made wool yarn falls

LiveJournal:
http://indigo-thunder.livejournal.com/

now on FaceBook too:
http://www.facebook.com/indigothunder

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Blistex Intensive Moisturiser

I have a few go-to lip balms when my lips are dry and cracked (Carmex and Lip Service by Lush) but nothing seems to work quite as fast as this Blistex one. The only reason I have to use other balms is that it sinks in really quickly and thus doesn't provide any protection from further chapping (whereas Carmex sits on your lips for ages). But for relieving already sore lips, it's pretty unbeatable :)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

kiss_of_death

Post by kiss_of_death » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Kiss My Face scrub
works great for firming i love it as a masque.

Desert Essence facial scrub
the sand grains work so well it helps clear up acne, and its vegan
I wont do it with you, I'll do it to you!
Email = death_kiss_dreads@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/deathkissdreads

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Decleor Contouring Serum (for eyes)

I have said it before years ago and I will still say it again: The BEST eye product ever made!!

It will give you your eye shape back, no surgery, no nasty over firming/tightening and it's cummulative results. They say you only need to use maybe 4 times a year for about a month or two. Then carry on using your usual product.

Cinnamon

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Clearasil StayClear Pore Cleansing Pads

These are literally amazing! Im gunna sound like an advert for them now but I really could see a result after one use. And because they do actually work they persuade me to make sure I take off my make-up every night instead of being lazy and only doing it when I can be bothered :D This is definately my favourite skin-care product ever!
Id rather be looked over, than overlooked.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:23 pm

st. ives fresh face makeup remover and face wash
works very well for my dry skin, it doesn't leave my face feeling tight and itchy like other face washes. it has mineral oil in it so you may want to lightly rinse it off with soap.

cetaphil moisturizer for dry sensitive skin
this stuff saved my face. my eyelids were very chaffed and i tried zillions of moisturizers, creams and healing ointments and nothing worked. with in a day of using this stuff my dry patches were gone.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 am

Spooki wrote:

cetaphil moisturizer for dry sensitive skin
this stuff saved my face. my eyelids were very chaffed and i tried zillions of moisturizers, creams and healing ointments and nothing worked. with in a day of using this stuff my dry patches were gone.
I second all things Cetaphil. I use the moisturizer after my Proactive kit everyday during the drier months here; if my face is really dry for unknown reasons, I'll use the cleanser for a few days. I've also used it before on REALLY horrible sunburn--like should-have-gone-to-the-doctor kind of sunburn. The kind of sunburn where you can't wear clothes for a few days, can't sleep, and can't control the temperature of your own body. Really great stuff, period.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream

I got a new pot of this from my mam for christmas and its helped sort out the dry patches on my cheeks and forehead in the last few weeks. With the weather being horrid lately its been a total facesaver!
blah blah blah

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:27 pm

I had rough thick skin on my feet for so long. I used the cheese grater type of file and the sand paper type. Both didn't do anything.

I bought one of those things with a blade on. It's to remove corns and what not.

I used it on the heels of my feet after a foot soak. I removed so much skin! It was kinda gross but good. I did both heels then used a sandpaper foot file to smooth them and rubbed in some nice foot cream.

My feet are super soft now!

Be very very careful with the blade!!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 am

St Ive's Apricot Scrub

The 'invigorating' one, not the blemish one. I have these annoying little bumps on my face and absolutely nothing gets rid of them except for this. The best exfoliator I've ever used, hands down. I use it every two days in the evening because it can be a bit harsh.
More human than human

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:52 am

Have a look at the products from this link,

www.letsgetsoapy.co.uk

The products are similar to Lush. Handmade, using essential oils and animal, vegan and environmentally friendly. I am a Lush lover personally, but this company are also yummy.
I have tried the raspberry ice cream shower gel and it made my skin really soft and smelling amazing. I also used the sweet things bath creamy. Totally scrumptious!
It is obviously a bit of a rip off from Lush, but I'm still glad I gave them a try. I really need to try more products though.
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Neutrogena Ultra sheer water light SPF Moisturiser Helioplex
This stuff is amazing. My skin stays dry all day even in +30degree super humid weather. Works great under make up.

Hyaluronic Acid

I use this brand - http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU426/ItemDetail?n=0

It is cheap compared to everywhere else that sells it. Estee Lauder use a lot of this stuff in their anti aging lotions/creams but charge stupid prices.

I went through the little bottle in about 2 month. I had large pores and after a couple of months they look half the size. I had deep laugh lines and after 2months of using this stuff they have plumped up quite a lot. My skin just looks much better.

The key ingredient is urea. Hydrating the skin cells and plumping the skin up.
You could also just put urine on your skin to get the benefits of urea without paying anything! .. ;)

I love this stuff and plan on buying the face wash next time too..
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU499/ItemDetail?n=0

merry558

Post by merry558 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:31 am

My skin is very dry...please post me all positive and skin care product recommendations to me that makes mu skin attractive,glowing and soft

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

blackmetal_mosher wrote:Have a look at the products from this link,

http://www.letsgetsoapy.co.uk
Not only is it a lush rip off but they are just buying bombcosmetics items wholesale and selling them on, if you want them cheaper buy direct from the supplier ;)

http://bombcosmetics.co.uk
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:08 am

I've talked about the company Enchanted so many times on the forum so I thought I'd post a review.

Enchanted sell a range of bath, body & waxworks, the scents are unbelievable!

My personal experiences of the products;

Bath salts - I've never really been a fan of bath salts, they never really did anything but I'm guessing that's because they were mass produced rubbish whereas the Enchanted bath salts contain dead sea salt and epsom salts which draw moisture into your skin and are really soothing.

Goat's milk powder - Another great bath product, you only need a few scoops in the bath and it makes the water so soft and luxurious, combined with the bath salts it's soooo relaxing.

Foaming sugar scrub - I've purchased sugar scrubs before, I've even made my own before but non are a patch on the Enchanted ones, they have just the right amount of scrub and foam up a treat and it holds scent really well, the last bit of it smells just as strong as when you first open the jar.

Whipped body wash - Unbelievable value for money! With shower gel I used to use loads to have a good wash, same with soap but with the body wash I scoop a little bit out with one finger put it onto a shower puff and that's it plenty to wash myself and probably enough to wash 2 or 3 other people lol, it foams up so well and is so cleansing.

Body cream - another great value product, again a little goes a long way, I have a jar of banana drama scented body cream that I've had for several months now and it's only half gone. The cream is so thick and luxurious that you only need a tiny amount to really soften your skin.

Since using Enchanted products I've noticed a real difference, my skin has never felt so soft and smooth and it looks a lot better then it ever has!

My favourite part...fragrance!!!

Sarah(the owner) sells fragrances in 4 different forms an alcohol spray, an oil roll on, a mositurising body spray and a multi use spray(so it can be used for linen, on your hair, your body etc) and all of them have great throw and hold.

The scents you can get are so true to the descriptions that I never have to worry that something isn't going to smell like it is described. There are the regular scents that can be purchased anytime like tropical volcano, creme de la creme & sugar topped mallows to name a few but there are also special collections like the twilight collection(inspired by the books / films) & fairytales collection and of course special limited editions that come out for the holidays and new scents are added on a regular basis.

Enchanted also sells wax products, so you can fragrance your whole house with you favourite scent, some which are plain tarts and some that are like bakery goods(strawberry tarts, donughts, etc) and they look good enough to eat!

There are special offers on a regular basis as well, like the summer offer was free sunglasses with every order, if you spent over £30 you got a free nail care kit(nail varnish, toe separators, files etc) and if you spent over £60 you got a free summer kit which included a bag, t-shirt, sarong, spf 15 lip balm, a wrist/ankle band containing piz buin sun cream and an unreleased summer perfume. If you spent over £70 you got the summer kit & nail kit(as well as your free sunglasses), bargain!

I'd highly recommend trying a few items from Enchanted, you won't be disappointed!
http://www.enchantedbath.co.uk
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Unrefined shea butter- It's very greasy and thick, so I put a big layer on before bed when my skin gets a bit dry. Nice and natural, so it's good for sensitive skin.

Sudocrem- The baby butt cream. This stuff is amazing for acne. I have been using it for years now but forgot how good it was till the other week. I put a thick mask on of it and leave it on overnight. By the morning they are reduced in size and the redness has nearly gone. As thick and greasy it may seem it has no moisturizing properties. It dries the spots out but doesn't leave any evidence of over drying the skin.

Sudocrem- http://www.sudocrem.ca/eng/index.html
Acne reviews- http://www.acne.org/sudocrem-reviews/269/page1.html

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:47 pm

St Ives facial scrub.....I know others have mentioned it, but seriously. This stuff is AMAZING. My skin is the smoothest it's been in years.
Aqua miriablis from Lush - another exfoliator, with moisturiser in it. I used if before I went to get my legs tattooed & it made them silky smooth, I normally suffer from ingrown hairs but this seems to have stopped the frequency of them.

my most recent is Olay 3 point serum..I got a free sample & it's lovely....smells like shampoo & once you've rubbed it on you feel like you have a fine powder on. afain, it's made my skin feel sublime!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:01 am

Another one for St. Ives facial scrub!

It makes for soft, smooth skin.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Baby Oil for eye make up remover!

It's cheap and has no harsh chemicals. It's just mineral oil!
It works just like other make up removers I have used. Takes of waterproof mascara easily.

edit- Don't use baby oil as an eye makeup remover! :oops: :D
Last edited by Nanou2 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 am

Mineral oil is very bad for your skin..

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:20 am

Kajablomst. wrote:Mineral oil is very bad for your skin..
And as it isn't water based, it is not good to get in your eyes, similar to vaseline.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

faticeira wrote:
Kajablomst. wrote:Mineral oil is very bad for your skin..
And as it isn't water based, it is not good to get in your eyes, similar to vaseline.
Is it bad for your skin or just your eyes? I looked up why it's bad for the eyes, but didn't find anything about it being bad for the skin.

I was using olive oil and thought one day baby oil would have been better! Woops. I mainly use it to take waterproof mascara off my eyebrows.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”