Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Bomber

Re: Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by Bomber » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Adding one in for Palmers Cocoa Butter here as well, I use the vitamin E enriched one and it's so so lovely, smooths your skin wonderfully and even helps disguise stretch marks!

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Bionsen natural deoderant

Next to Lush, this is a favorite, very gentle and smells really good.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 pm

smitten hand cream by Lush

This is just gorgeous, thick and rich, really soothing and smells delish! what more can you ask for in a hand cream?
telling it like it is!

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 pm

I used to work in a beauty salon and we had a professional range called Dermologica, they are only salon or internet available and prices range between £15 to £50 depending on the product and the size, they are great beacuse:
* they are natural products
* they contain no artificial colours or fragraances
* they are great for sensitive or sensitised skin

:i2:
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Sweet Asa Steam Cream - B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful

My skin does not like moisturiser at all but for some reason it allows this. It sinks in really easily and makes my skin feel all soft and healthy, and it mkes me look all glowy!

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Coal face by lush
Ground up charcoal is very good for your skin, though; it helps to absorb excess sebum from the skin's surface and acts as an exfoliator. skin softening liquorice root plus rosewood and sandalwood essential oils, both rumoured to help cells regenerate and to slow the arrival of wrinkles
so says lush....
used it and it makes your face feel sooo good, really cool and soft. its wierd washing your face in black soap but smells just like liquorice.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:10 pm

I think this falls under the realm of skincare?

Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Beauty Disposable Razors
I always always get sore angry skin covered in little nicks every time I shave my bikini area, so much so that I dread shaving and can only do it once a week max. But these razors kind of bend to fit the contours of your skin and somehow that stops all the irritation I normally get, and it's a really really close shave. I used it yesterday and I reckon I could shave again today and it'd be fine. Totally impressed.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 pm

Vaseline

Simple, effective and cheap. Like neon black i have really sensitive, dry skin and ive found that nothing else works better.
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:22 am

I'm actually kinda obsessed with the Simple range at the moment! For the first time ever I have good skin! I'm using their soap (for my body), face wipes and moisturiser at the moment, then when my current cleanser and shower gels run out I'm gonna buy theirs!

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:08 pm

bodyshop teatree mattifying moisturiser
it doesn't make my skin look totally matte or dry, but it does stop greasy skin in its tracks and made my face feel silky to touch :D
/emmy x

renzo_piano

Post by renzo_piano » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads

This is an awesome cleanser. The pads have a smooth side to foam up and remove makeup, and an exfoliating side. This is the only exfoliator that's ever been able to consistently clear up all the tiny clogged pores I get on my forehead.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed May 06, 2009 10:18 am

Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Just washed this off and my skin feels so soft and clean! The little pimples I get on my forehead seem to be almost completely gone and there's no residual oil left on my nose or cheeks, so I am very happy indeed.

Coupled with Coal Face, I can see perfect skin in the near future

delic1999

Post by delic1999 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 am

My skin savers

First off is the Compleatly Clear Skin kit by Philosophy
I get it from Sephora and you get 4 products that last you about 1 month.
They have...
*Oil-Free Foaming Acne Cleanser- this you can feel working and it last the longest in my kit.
*Oil-Free All Over Acne Treatment- this is a standard salicylic acid treatment gel
*Oil-Free Acne Spot Treatment - this has a sulfer base with salicylic acid, oligopeptide-10, and Canadian willowherb
*Retinol Clarifying Lotion - this is an awesome cream that helps with discoleration from old acne scars and really helps your complection. LOVE!!!!!!!

I use the different products in a rotation only using some of the products one day and the others the next. The retinol is a fave of mine and the tube doesn't lsat long unfortunatly so i use it sparingly. It has been a god send to my very problematic skin.

For the really tough zits or ones I see coming up I will put on...
Peter Thomas Roth's - Sulfur Cooling Masque

"Sulfur Cooling Masque was specially made for those who prefer an aromatic medicated mask. With eucalyptus, sulfur, and purified clay, this mask is designed to exfoliate dead skin cells. Great for cleansing oily skin, the T-zone area, and clogged pores. Dries and clears blemishes and helps prevent their return. "

I use this as a overnight spot treatment. A MA at sephora told me about it and told me how she uses it. It's pricy but the jar can last you a very long time! Totaly worth it. Every time I have a tough zit that won't go away or one starting to emerge I put this on an it's gone by morning.

I also love Lush's Coal Face Soap paired with an exfoliating face sponge I start my day and end my day using it. I just love the smell!

Mal

Post by Mal » Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 am

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Cleanser

The only cleanser I've ever used that could remove grease paint in one wash! It lathers really nicely and I wash my face 2 times a day and it lasts about 3 months. Pretty cheap at $10 AUD.

Witch Hazel Toner

Makes my skin feel nice and tingly, which feels nice. Also it gets rid of any bits of dirt I might of missed and also just a wipe with this using a cotton pad cleans your skin quick!

SuprStrDrgQueen

Post by SuprStrDrgQueen » Sun May 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Johnson's 24 hour facial moisturiser

Brilliant for those with very dry sensative skin. None abrasive and soothing and great as a make-up base.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu May 28, 2009 9:05 pm

the always controversial Proactive Skin Care System

I use the daily cleanser, daily toner, lotion, and sulphur mask.
Daily Cleanser--takes away grease, oil, and dead skin very well yet very gently. Feels great when massaged around the face, rinses off nice and clean. Does not leave me feeling tight/dry afterward.
Daily Toner--stings a bit on open blemishes, but I just tell myself that means it's working. It's a mild acid. Leaves my skin super fresh and again, not tight or dry.
Daily Lotion--doesn't smell like anything! (that's important to me) Goes on easy and smooth, a lil bit goes a long way. Helps keep the oil down for a few hours.
Sulphur Mask--this is good at reducing the redness/irritation of blemishes, but I don't think it helps make them "go away" very well like the commercial says.
All Said and Done--I really like the proactive kit. It definitely keeps my skin smoother and more blemish free. I still get blemishes, but they are very much smaller and go away more quickly (even during my "lady's days"). I recently went off proactive for a month and my face totally crashed; white heads, black heads, and tons of those annoying, big, ouchy, under-the-skin blemishes. I started using proactive again 2 days ago--still got my black heads, the white heads are clearing away, the the ouchy-under-the-skin blemishes have gone bye-bye. It's expensive, I know, but it works very well for me.

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask got mine from dillards
If you have a blemish, stick this on top, let sit over night. When you wake up in the morning the blemish feels and looks MUCH better. I HIGHLY recommend this! Better than the Proactive sulphur mask.

Clinique All About Eyes Riche
It's "supposed to" reduce the look of wrinkles and what have you. Well I don't know about all that, but it makes the skin around my eyes less flaky/gross for sure; I use it always at night, sometimes under my make up in the morning. I'm hoping when used over the long term, it will help me prevent wrinkles/lines (will report back in 20 years to let you know). It lasts a LONG time because a lil goes a long way with this. I think it might be helping my dark circles/puffiness slightly, but not like a "miracle cure". Generally my eye area seems less pissed off.

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 am

St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub
Keeps my face nice and smooth
Is fine even on my sensitive skin
*Manda*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm

I have just bought Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body scrub and I am in love! :lol:

Its really 'scrubby' if you like a harsher scrub and it smells so damn good! Its made my skin so smooth and soft. Its about £6:50 for the tub, quite pricey I guess but its a big tub and you don't need too much each time.

Highly recommended :D

LisEnthusiasm

Post by LisEnthusiasm » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 am

nivea visage oil free moisturiser. i love it!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Lip Butter

This is the most delicious lip butter I've ever tasted, which is saying something as I own a LOT of them. It conditions my lips very well and gives a nice gloss too. It also manages to satisfy my mint chocolate cravings which is good as I'm trying to watch my figure and mint chocolate is my weakness :D

In fact anything by Palmer's is fantastic... I wouldn't consider using any other body lotion. I have quite a few of the little 50mL bottles, they last ages and are only $2! My favourite in particular is the cocoa butter with vitamin E cream, it helps to hide scars really well and smells like chocolate.

Lush Mask of Magnaminty

Possibly the best thing ever for spots, any where, even the most stubborn ones. And it smells deliciously minty :D

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

It doesn't smell like mint or chocolate but it's great for... Well, pretty much anything. Cuts, scrapes, rashes, bites, flaking skin, burns, even spots and nappy rash. It stops any pain pretty much instantly and also cleanses. It also makes a fantastic lip balm. I have three of the 25g tubes - one in my room, one in my handbag and one in my school blazer pocket, so I always have it with me. I'm not sure if it's sold internationally but it's really worth importing it.
More human than human

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Botanics Skin Brightening Toner (For all skin types)

I swear by this, its awesome, I have breakouts every month and it really really helps, it always makes my skin less uneven (my colour on my face used to be awful!) it always slightly helped with my double tragus that was being a pain unintentionally! :lol:

Its actually really cheap and lasts a while too, I haven't found it drying at all either which is a massive plus.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Clinique 3 step

I'm a number 2. I only do use it when I am going to wear make up and after removal.
Love the stuff. After moisturising, my skin feels so fresh. Later in the day, not so fresh :lol:

Oh, and I haven't seen this one!

H20

Does wonders if you wash your face with it and it is also drinkable!!! :mrgreen:

Haha, well, it is the ultimate in skincare, no doubt about it!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Hollywood Beauty Cocoa Butter
From most afro beauty shops. It is so similar to Palmer's but way cheaper; the closest store to me sells a MASSIVE salon size tub for £5.99. I keep it beneath the radiator in the bathroom so its always soft; only a tiny dab can be distributed everywhere as after sun or just an every day body lotion. Its the only thing in my beauty regime I really couldn't do without!
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:31 am

Satin Pure

I'm going to put this in skincare even though it is mainly for hair removal because it exfoliates too, it literally feels like just rubbing a piece of cloth over your legs (or arms or wherever) and a bit kater your skin actually does feel like satin and are totally hairless (but remember to moisturise after or it will itch), i got it for £5 in wilkos and it has 4 replacement pads for each of the applicator things, and you use it once a week, each pad lasts about 2-3 weeks if you wipe it down after use like the instructions say. totally worth it.
/emmy x

SilverSmear

Post by SilverSmear » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:41 am

Vit-E and water in a light mist. The Nexus leave-in bottle is perfect for this. Light on the oil. Update: Nexxus bottle broke... looking for a really light spray bottle for this. Ideas?

Skintimate Moisturing Cream Shave- Love this stuff. Very nice to my skin. Takes a tiny amount too.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." Lewis Carroll

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”