Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

faticeira

Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 am

Post all of you positive reviews and recommendations for all skincare products in this thread. That is face, body, shower, deo, etc...

Make the product name the first sentence so it is clear and then write your review underneath.

faticeira

Re: Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 am

Balm Essential by Decleor

One of their star products, it helps heal any irritations/rashes, works great on break-outs and smoothing your skin overnight. Smells divine and helps encourage sleep.

100% pure and natural.

It is like having a facial overnight.

*Most all of Decleor's products are brilliant but especially their face balms and oils.

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:03 am

Babyface cleanser by Lush

Works wonders on my skin, it really helps brighten it up, and leaves it looking dewy, not oily! It's great for removing makeup too.
More human than human

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 pm

simple hydrating moisturiser

perfect for my skin and works as a make-up base. Also not heavy like some moisturisers i've used, and the great thing is that you only have to use a small amount to cover your face and neck therefore lasting months and a good price under £5!
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Demon In The Dark Soap by Lush

This soap is VERY invigorating and wakes me right up!

Bath Bombs by Lush

So far I haven't come upon one that I haven't loved! Butterball is my favorite though.

Burts Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

This stuff makes my face look and feel so soft and wonderful. It's done an amazing job at helping to control my acne and it doesn't smell bad. It also calms my skin when it's itchy and irritated.

Burts Bees Soothingly Sensitive Aloe and Buttermilk Lotion

It's not heavy or greasy, it doesn't smell bad and it actually moisturizes and somewhat calms my itchy skin.

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 pm

Clean&Clear in shower facial it's new in a white bottle with blue top
oh my this stuff is awesome! you blob on a thick layer when you get in the shower and wait about one minute then you massage it all over your face and rinse it off, it feels nice and tingly and it rinses off well but doesn't leave you dry. I have sensitive skin and I didn't have any problems from this at all $6.50 at walmart

illithid

Post by illithid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Nivea Visage refreshing 2 in 1 cleanser&toner

This is under £5 and I buy it in my grocery shopping from sainsburys. It cleans even thick makeup quickly, but without that greasy feeling cleansers often leave. MY skin feels tight, soft and zingy afterwards.. but most importantly CLEAN, like a "just washed" feeling. Also, it seems to last forever, and I use it daily.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Lush Tea Tree Water

I am so in love with this toner!!! I have terrible skin. Despite being 28 I still have breakouts and spots and blocked pores galore. I have tried everything and usually manage to keep my skin to a few spots here and there and the odd blackhead, but my complexion can be dull and not very smooth looking as though it is always trying to be worse than I let it!

This toner has cured that. I have not come out in a single spot since starting to use it (I don't expect that to last forever, but it is certainly a good start!), but better than that my skin looks fresh, taught, smooth and younger than it has ever looked I reckon.

Big thumbs up all round from me on this one!
telling it like it is!

Bijou_Venus

Post by Bijou_Venus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 am

Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Although i try to go for more natural products - i find it hard to beat this cheap and cheerful favourite. It is very reasonably priced, and the only other ones i've found that are as good are about four times the price.

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:19 am

E45 moisturising lotion

Really basic, cheap, simple moisturiser with no crap added. I have sensitive and very dry skin and this soothes it and doesn't irritate it at all. Plus it's really cheap so I can use loads of it and not worry about the cost ;)

(The only place I don't use it is my face as it's not strong enough for my stupid dry skin.)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Here's some of the ones I wrote on the other board:

Lush aromaco deodorant

I gave up using deodorants with aluminium in a long time ago, and since then was on a quest to find a decent natural one. After several failed attempts I finally found Lush's Aromaco. It is one of their solid ones, so you buy a bar of it that looks a bit like soap, which you just rub under your arms. Smells of patchouli which isn't for everyone, but really does work. You can put it on wet or dry armpits, you can put it on after shaving, it's great! The sales assistant recommended I cut a piece off and keep it in my bag so I could reapply part way through the day if need be. I carried that piece around faithfully for many weeks, but never once needed it. I don't bother keeping that bit in my bag now, although I suppose I could do if I thought I was going to be somewhere REALLY hot and sweaty! If you don't like the smell of patchouli they do a lemon and sandalwood one which i haven't tried, but I imagine is good.

Lush herbalism

I was recommended this by one of the sales assistants in there. It is a green putty type stuff which you mix with a bit of water in your hands, rub onto your face, and then rinse off by splashing with water. It smells how I remember the health food shop smelling when I was little! Very fresh and natural. Takes a bit of getting used to washing your face with green gunge, but once you get used to it it is great. It is for skin prone to breakouts. It is mildly exfoliating. I find it leaves my skin looking fresh and bright, and really keeps my skin blemish free. I also just love people's faces when I go to stay and they see my wash bag and want to know what the weird green stuff is. Just watch their faces when you tell them it is for washing your face with! :lol:

Liz Earle eye cream

All animal free and organic. This eye cream just feels really rich when you put it on. I thought I was getting some of the fine lines of aging around my eyes, but since using this I can't see where I even thought they were! Comes in quite a small tube, but a little goes a very long way.

lush ultrabland

I use this as my make-up remover. I was concerned by using too much cotton wool. I try to buy fairtrade cotton, but it's somewhat harder to come by fairtrade cotton wool, so I was looking for a way to eliminate as much cotton wool as possible. Ultrabland is a thick cream type thing which you put all over your face, including your eyes and eyelashes if you are wearing mascara (don't get it in your eyes though, i did that by mistake and whilst it didn't hurt it was like looking through clingfilm for a few minutes!) then wipe off. They recommend cotton wool, but as I said, I am trying to eliminate cotton wool from my regime, so I use a muslin cloth. Wet it in hot water then wipe off. That has a gentle exfoliation as well from the muslin cloth. It leaves your skin looking really clean and really gets off all the make up. Wash your muslin cloth after each use (or maybe 2 if you can keep one half clean for the next day), so you need a stack of cloths. I believe you can also use ultrabland to wash with if you want to.

As you can see, I like Lush!
telling it like it is!

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Lush aromaco deodorant

I agree with Miss Anthropik, it is the best!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Lush Aromarant Deodorant

I think this is the lemon & sandalwood one Miss Anthropik mentioned. I use it every day and it's amazing. I'd never found a deodorant that could see me through a whole day before. I can't express how much of a difference this stuff has made to me. Even after a sweaty gig I smell good!! And it's natural! I didn't have to resort to strong chemical antiperspirants!
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Bijou_Venus wrote:Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Although i try to go for more natural products - i find it hard to beat this cheap and cheerful favourite. It is very reasonably priced, and the only other ones i've found that are as good are about four times the price.
I decided to try this out and I love the smell! I would prefer it to be richer and am having trouble finding a really rich and more natural product since Lush discontinued skin sin, but this one is decent product.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am

palmers cocoa butter is brilliant stuff...my other half uses it on his face and still gets ID'ed all the time (he's 30). plus loads of my afro/caribbean freinds use it on their skin.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Pure Coconut Oil

Can buy in random places. It is a solid but melts quickly on contact. You can use it for skin as well as hair.

For skin I tend to mix some of the oil into my body lotion for extra moisturising when needed.

BossyLibraryLady

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:59 am

Lush Fresh Farmacy in conjunction with Lush Cosmetic Warrior are the only two things that really keep my horrendous skin in check. The Fresh Farmacy is a bit drying through the Winter months, so I cut back my usage to every second day to keep flakiness in check. But apart from that, these two products have rescued me from having to resort to Roaccutane and Dermablend. <3

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion - Fragrance Free

in the colder months i get insanely dry skin. i mean my skin just peals off in chunks. my skin is also very sensitive. this is the only lotion that helps my skin stay nice and doesnt make me break out in a rash. imo best lotion ever!!!
*Manda*

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 am

Sea Vegetable Soap by Lush

I discovered last night that this soap is AWESOME for getting dye off your skin!! Hooray, no more blue forehead for me :D
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

shifuku

Post by shifuku » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:09 pm

Giovani Organics

Organic and natural hair and body care
http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

I use the Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
I use the lemonade salt scrub.
I use the lavender ice snow body butter and body lotion.

This stuff is AMAZING.
It's like heaven. The body butter is so thick and gorgeous to smell and rub in, I feel so pampered when I've given myself a thorough moisturize with it.

It's not tested on animals and they don't get others to do so.
It's vegan.
It has no crap in it whatsoever.
100 percent naturally derived and organic ingredients.
It's entirely bio degradeable.
The packaging is made from corn so it's compostable!!!
(new thing they started doing this year)

I love love love this brand!!!

shifuku

Post by shifuku » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Burts Bees

I use their spray on deodorant (damn pricey at 16 bucks a bottle but it lasts me at least 3 months, I can share it with people cuz it's a spray on nothing touches the skin, and it smells beautiful!)

Some ingredients are organic.
It's made with witch hazel, sage, lavender, tea tree, water and grain alcohol.
It's the only natural deodorant I've been able to find that actually works and doesn't leave yuckay behind.

I sometimes use the burts bees lip balm as well but have recently switched over to a local brand that's vegan and organic. It's only available at my local health food store, unfortunately, cuz the stuff is lovely.

shifuku

Post by shifuku » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Kiss my Face
Obsessively natural body care

I use the organic olive oil shaving cream which is just the most creamy and lush shave cream I've ever used.
It rinses so nice and clean away too.
NO residue whatsoever.
No smell, no chemicals, biodegradeable, cruelty free and organic vegan.

shifuku

Post by shifuku » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Seafresh Toothpase by Jason

I've been using this toothpaste since 2003 and I my teeth are AMAZING according to my last dentist visit.
I love this stuff.
Organic, vegan, biodegradeable, cruelty free and chemical free.

Amazing stuff!!!!

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 pm

DHC Pure Soap

This is a Japanese brand who have a kinda mail order catalouge in the UK. All their stuff is olive oil based, and I got some free samples the other day. The facial soap is really nice, it lathers well and leaves my skin looking radiant and glowy, plus gets rid of my spots even when Im stuffing my face with bad food!

Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Bijou_Venus wrote:Palmer's Cocoa Butter

It is my favourite too. Just cut open my bottle and emptied it with a spoon to get every little bit out! It also helps in reducing the visibility of scars which is very handy if you have small or larger scars on your arms, face, legs, etc.
The first time I got it I got a free small travel bottle with one of their shampoos and I still haven't have to buy a new bottle after 2 months and I still have enough(after cutting open the bottle) for another 2 months of daily use.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”