Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Bomber

Re: Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by Bomber » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 pm

HairEnigma (Pallidity) eyeshadows

I've only used two of the ten colours I got so far, so this is really just a review for Black Lipstick and Snakeskin, but OH MY GOD.

Finally, a matte black eyeshadow that actually goes on black. I love it, it's going to become a staple.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Revlon Matte lipstick

I've been waiting for a true Matte lipstick to come out so i bought quite a few shades, and wow, it looks exactly the colour you see in the tube when you apply it, the colour is rich, its non sticky and it doesn't make your lips feel dry as you might expect, it is fantastic and very 1920s if you wear the pink shades :D
yay!
/emmy x

SynthetiKat

Post by SynthetiKat » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Beauty from the Earth

I saw a few reviews on this and figured I would give it a try. I've only used the all purpose minerals and I haven't used many but I like what I have tried. They look best when I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. I've never developed any sort of rash or irritation from them so I'd say its worth a try. The price is reasonable and they have a HUGE selection of colors.

http://www.beautyfromtheearth.com/store/Default.asp
-- SynthetiKat --

KittenAttack

Post by KittenAttack » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 am

Lancome Virtuose Black Carat mascara...pricey but oh so worth it. Never had so many compliments on my lashes until I started using this. Makes them look so fine and long.

uid

Post by uid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:29 am

Maybelline great lash mascara, cheap and works better than a lot of the expensive mascaras i've tried

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Models Inc. pressed powder and cover up stick

Bought these the other day and never have I had better coverage without the use of liquid foundation. I dab the cover up stick under my eyes, blemishes etc then dust over with the powder for a matte finish.

I think it's an Aussie brand though, I got it from hairhouse warehouse.
Last edited by rivetlicker_ on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 pm

eyeslipsface.co.uk (or E.L.F)

I had heard good things about this site from various magazines, and because I am a complete makeup n00b (I had no makeup brushes, lipsticks etc) I decided to give them a go.

I ordered 3 brushes, 2 mineral lipsticks and a black liquid liner. The brushes and liquid liner were £1.50 each, and the mineral lipsticks were £3.50 each.

They were delivered super fast, and I'm pretty impressed! The brushes are really great, which I wasn't expecting because of the price.
The liquid eyeliner is quite good; the brush isn't very thin but I like that, and it's really strurdy.
The lipsticks are alright; not very pigmented but nice and moisturising. But for a n00b like me they are good enough :)

So overall I am really pleased, and I'm gonna order their powder and more brushes when I can. :)
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Estee Lauder Maximum Cover-
This is like liquid skin!! covers everything perfectly. Waterproof! Amazing for bad skin coverage. It costs £22.50 but lasts 6months! You only need a pea sized ammount for your whole face.
Love it! Been using it for about 4years.

Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream Concealer-
I was a sucker for the Touche Eclat brush. But this stuff is just as good.. and half the price! You get loads more than the Touche Eclat!! That brush lasted me a few weeks.. This is my first tube of Smoothing Cream Concealer and I have had it for 3months now and its probably not even half way full.

Love both these products. Well worth the money. I don't know what I would do without Estee Lauder Maximum Cover. Love it.

:)

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Benefit Powderflage

I got this as a free gift from Boots for ordering two Benefit products.
Holy crap. It covers my dark circles almost completely, and when used with Boi-ing you cannot see them at all. You only need a tiny, tiny amount and it sort of diffuses the darkness. I don't know how it works but I have no idea how I managed to live without it. A complete life-saver.

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Tesco/ Barbera Daly Oil Free Foundation

For some reason, I have very irritable skin, and this doesn't make it flare up at all. It does make my skin a bit shiny, but I quite like it cos it makes me look quite fresh and dewy as opposed to just plain greasy! Only about £6.50 too so worth it if you're skint!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Too Faced :D

Pretty much everything I've tried, I love! I recently got a collection from eBay for £13 with loads in it, I think its called Beauty Wardrobe and, as well as Lash Injection and Lip Injection, it has a really versatile selection across the board. Loads of colour, shimmer and gloss and it all stays on well.

I don't wear make-up mostly but with this palette I can be quite glam while only wearing a little bit. :D
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:22 am

I thought I'd write a review for the foundation I've been using as it's pretty good.

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid (you know, the one with the golf ball in the ad)

It's actually pretty good. I ran out of my MAC and couldn't afford to replace it so I thought I'd give it a go...I got the "Ivory" (Lightest shade) which is a perfect match for my skin. It matches NC20 concealer (which I use) but not sure about foundation...the nc20 foundation seems a bit darker or more orange than the concealer (haven't had nc15/nw15 so don't know how that compares)

But...it's nice to have an ivory/lightest tone foundation that doesn't have a hint of orange in it! It gives good coverage when applied with a 187 brush. It doens't have the staying power of MAC but it last pretty well throughout the day and doens't look patchy or anything. I don't even really need to use concealer with it apart from dark eye circles. And it really is that good at covering pores as well.

In short, obviously not as good as a MAC foundation but for about a 1/3 of the price it's well worth the money!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:58 am

E.L.F cosmetics - http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - this is very waterproof, in fact it took me over 30 mins to get it all off!
Wet Gloss Lash And Brow Clear Mascara - I love this stuff, keeps my eyebrows neat and the masacara makes my eyes look nice without being over the top.
Candy Shop Lip Tins - they smell fantastic, esp. candy fix which smells just like cadburys chocolate to me
Brushes - they are all really really good, only one I didn't like was the kabuki brush because all the bristles kept falling out
Complexion Perfection - Amazing! It gives a nice base because the 4 different colours reduce redness, dark spots etc, it just evens out your complexion, I can't live without this now
Waterproof Lenthening And Volumising Mascara - Fantastic, makes my lashes look great, no clumps, only downside is it takes forever to get off(which is both good and bad when you think about it, no risk of it running in the rain or anything)
Mineral Booster - I LOVE this stuff, I've tried powders before that are supposed to stop oil etc and they worked for all of 30 mins on my slick cheeks but this stuff actually works, I put some on first thing in the morning and I wasn't shiny at the end of the day(I did apply a little more mid afternoon as I was paranoid it would wear off like others always do)
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Nanou2 wrote:Estee Lauder Maximum Cover-
This is like liquid skin!! covers everything perfectly. Waterproof! Amazing for bad skin coverage. It costs £22.50 but lasts 6months! You only need a pea sized ammount for your whole face.
This, what an amazing foundation! My skin looks absolutely flawless with this on, and it lasts forever. This is the first foundation out of the many that I have tried that actually HIDES my pores rather than emphasises them! It's pricy at $68 here but I got a stack of free gifts too, and it lasts forever. I've always needed significantly more than a pea size amount for other products regardless of what they say, but with this you won't even need that, I'd say it's closer to half a pea.

Also Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer, perhaps the best concealer I've ever used, it covers up anything. Unfortunately I didn't realise that if you want to conceal puffy eyes, you should go a shade up, so I stuck with my usual light. It still works well if I put it on before foundation though and it is excellent elsewhere, I might purchase a darker shade just for my eyes because this stuff is fabulous :)
More human than human

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm

tazzyface wrote:
Nanou2 wrote:Estee Lauder Maximum Cover-
This, what an amazing foundation! My skin looks absolutely flawless with this on, and it lasts forever. This is the first foundation out of the many that I have tried that actually HIDES my pores rather than emphasises them! It's pricy at $68 here but I got a stack of free gifts too, and it lasts forever. I've always needed significantly more than a pea size amount for other products regardless of what they say, but with this you won't even need that, I'd say it's closer to half a pea.
It seems pricey but it lasts you 6months!! it saves you from bad skin days every day!

It's the best !

Jenna_Cide

Post by Jenna_Cide » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Glittersniffer Eyeshadow

All I can say about this gal's eyeshadows is WOW!
They are all 100% vegan and 100% handmade.
They must be pure pigment or something because they are unbelievably vibrant and strong.
I've never had a more potent product that is so beautiful and lasts throughout the day.
The colors will make you drool, ladies!
;)
You can find her on Etsy if you want to check it out:
glittersniffer.etsy.com
:)

SilverSmear

Post by SilverSmear » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 am

Two Faced Shadow Insurance- paid more than I wanted to for this one... BUT I am still using it and I bought it 5 mo's ago. Daily use... and all sorts of makeup experiments later. So good value.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." Lewis Carroll

silentstorm

Post by silentstorm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:47 pm

I don't know if anyone else has ever used it but I've just used the last scraping of my Benefit Dietrich lipstick - this was discontinued a few years ago and despite searching I've never found any more. I LOVE it- I've tried others over the years and saved this one for best as none match up. It's a true pillar box matte red - it went on well and stayed on great. I'm really gutted it's gone!

Mentalist

Post by Mentalist » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 am

Jenna_Cide wrote:Glittersniffer Eyeshadow

All I can say about this gal's eyeshadows is WOW!
They are all 100% vegan and 100% handmade.
They must be pure pigment or something because they are unbelievably vibrant and strong.
I've never had a more potent product that is so beautiful and lasts throughout the day.
The colors will make you drool, ladies!
;)
You can find her on Etsy if you want to check it out:
glittersniffer.etsy.com
Just checked her out.. her products look amazing, and very affordable <3
I will definitely buy some of her makeup sometime :D

Amaryllis

Post by Amaryllis » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Mascara
I have the lash expander frame plus version.

I have super short stick eyelashes, this is the first mascara I've used that actually works and lengthens like crazy. I don't think I'll ever use another one!
It's got little fibres in it that attach to the ends of your lashes and lengthens them, and a double sided comb brush, one for application, the other separates your lashes.
It's waterproof and has crazy staying power, it's a bit of a massive pain to remove though, but waterproof makeup remover does the trick pretty well.
I fell asleep with it on and it stayed on perfectly, and didn't smudge at all.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

faticeira wrote:Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

It's incredible! One of the best I ever used.
I wear very little make-up and struggle to find a mascara that suits my sensitive peepers. I bought this on the strength of this review as I know fateceira really knows her make-up shizzle. And it is exactly as stated. First mascara I've got in ages that I can wear with no soreness, no smudging and no hassle to remove. Wowzers! Thanks for that :D
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

GirlFromTheAudience

Post by GirlFromTheAudience » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:39 pm

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
For inexpensive stuff, I'm pretty impressed. Firstly, it doesn't smudge at all and while it's not 'waterproof', it only comes off when wet if you rub the tubes. For me it's great for snowboarding and stuff because I don't get racoon eyes. Second... it looks almost like falsies with 2 coats. Giant lashes.

PosieTint by Benefit
It's like benetint, but a lighter pink shade. I'm quite fair, so it's perfect for my skin and gives me a really natural looking blush to my cheeks. I use it every day now, and sometimes add a little Benefit Thrrrob blush on top for real pop!
-- Girl From The Audience --

AdrenaLynny

Post by AdrenaLynny » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Maybelline Lash Stiletto, My very favorite mascara. It even curls my lashes when I apply it so long as Im twisting the brush as I go. It stays that way too.

Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in Freakshow. I own a bunch of the deluxe shadows (and regular ones) but by far this is my absolute favorite eyeshadow ever. Its a gorgeous purpley reddish color that works great for smudgey eyes, or smokey eyes, or in addition to other colors. I wear the heck out of it. I love all their deluxe shadows though.

Medusa's Makeup Eye Dust in Red Baron. Not a true red, but an amazingly bright hot pink. Doesnt fade at all. Ever. Again, I own several and all of the dusts are great.

The Mineralista had an amazing line of loose pigments that were gorgeous and amazing, but they have closed down which makes me sad. Their skittles collection was off the wall pretty and vibrant.

MAD Minerals has a gorgeous range of super inexpensive pigments that I looove. Not so much for their bright colors, but their duochromes are simply stunning.

Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Mardi Gras, when used wet....this color is utterly and insanely well pigmented and vibrant. Its a blue green duochrome that gets me a ton of compliments. Used dry....eh. But its only a couple bucks from walgreens in the states.

Also you can never go wrong with Lorac eyeshadows, though theyre a bit spendy. Femme Couture brow powders are very nice...and of course I love love love My Urban Decay Good Karma brushes. Wash and wash and wash and they never get damaged or stressed. Urban Decay Primer Potion and 24/7 glide pencils are a no brainer.

Im a bit of a makeup junky...
Cunning Stunt.

guest123

Post by guest123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:31 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:24 pm

hard candy lash call colored mascara
i have the blue one and it's quite nice. it's a lengthening mascara and does a decent job of it, my lashes are super short so it takes a lot to make them look noticeable. my lashes are dark brown but it still makes them noticeably blue. also, it doesn't flake or sting the eyes.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”