Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Lilinth

Re: Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by Lilinth » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Rimmel lipstick lock
my lipstick stayed on all night with drinking, clubbing, boyfriend, etc
also fell asleep with it on once and when i woke up my lipstick was still perfect, made an experiemnt of it and it only came off a few hours later after having lunch at work 9though i tell you, brushing your teeth without rubbing off lipstick is tricky)
/emmy x

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:36 pm

B (Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful) Cream Eyeshadow
They come in liquid eyeliner packaging, with a little brush so you can apply them as eyeliners, or smudge them in as eyeshadow. Unlike most cream eyeshadows, they do not smudge or fold into your eyelid creases. They also come in a huge selection of colours.

M.A.C Studio Fix Powder
Beautiful, even coverage, stays on longer than any other powder I've used (even on my oily, shiny nose) & again comes in a great selection of shades.

M.A.C Kohl Eyeliner
Literally glides on black black, unlike other pencil liners which look really wishy washy when put on. Stays on for AGES despite blinking!

Urban Decay Primer Potion
-We all know why this is a fave :)
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

PixiStyx

Post by PixiStyx » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Maybeline Dream Matte Mousse
I've always been picky with buying foundations because I hate it when they don't match just right, but I thought I'd give this stuff a shot and I LOVE it. It goes on very smooth and light, and you don't need much at all. I use Ivory and it matches my skin tone exactly. It's also matte, so there's no shine whatsoever. Makes me feel like a porcelain doll. ♥ I think I'm going to get the dream matte powder too.
hot blood workout

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 pm

MAC Fluidline eyeliner:
I live in a hot/humid tropical type climate and when clubbing spend a lot of time on an outside patio. This stuff does not budge when used as eyeliner or eyebrows and with the right brush makes the most perfect and precise lines. I just love it and don't go out without it anymore. I spent years looking for the right thing to draw my eyebrows on with and it comes in a nice assortment of shades.

MAC paint pots:
my favorite thing to use as a base. Goes on smooth, doesn't budge without soap & water and can be used alone or as a base to make other colors pop. Comes in lost of colors to get different layering effects too. I love using the black one (blackground) underneath bright colors like turquoise or yellow.

Medusa's Makeup:
Honestly, I just love this brand. I found them a few years ago on a visit to Chicago and bought a couple eye dusts and fell in love with the color payoff and how easy they are to apply. I've used their stick-it primer as well as the liquid stuff you use to make the eye dusts into eyeliner, I can't remember the name now - but I love it.
On a recent trip back to Chicago I was introduced to the owner and he is just a super nice guy. He gave me 2 of the new lip glosses to try out and they are really fabulous. They are smooth and not sticky at all and can be used with the eye dusts to create custom shades. I really love the texture of the gloss and plan to buy more now.
On the old board I posted a showoff for medusa's where I danced in the rain for hours and my makeup didn't budge... I think I need to repost that here just as a testament to how much I freakin' love their stuff!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 am

Face of Australia lip glaze

This is the best lip gloss ever, and this is coming from someone who normally hates the stuff. It's not sticky, it's easy to apply, smells lovely, and actually comes up the same colour that it is in the tube (normally I find no matter what colour I get, it ends up almost transparent). It also lasts forever, instead of only 5 minutes like most lip glosses do - my lips are still glossy from yesterday. It has Vitamin E and jojoba oil in it too and leaves my lips softer and smoother than any lip balm I've ever used. Plus it's only around $7!
More human than human

Miss Spookiness

Post by Miss Spookiness » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Sleek Gel Eyeliner

A really cheap gel eyeliner from Superdrug, i use it as a shadow base really, put it all over my eye and do big flicks, then dust MAC pigment Dark Soul over it all and it looks amazing, and stays put!
I can go clubbing all night and everyones makeup will be sweating off and mine stays put lol.
I also use the gel liner to make the outline for my flicks under my eyeliner sometimes, as it helps it stay put longer and crack less in the corners if im using a cheap liquid liner.
You put it on with a little brush that comes with it, and its very smooth and dries fast, tough to remove sometimes, but ultra durable, and i think they do it in more shades, im sure i saw a purple.

Rimmel Exagerate liquid liner and Rimmel Professional (i think)

I use the professional on the lid and the exagerate on the flicks and underneath, stays put, doesnt flake off and very intense black, and easy to correct mistakes, i hate waterproof ones as i cant smuge the flicks into nice points with a damp cottonbud. Even though the Exagerate isnt waterproof, ive never had it run.

Everday Minerals

Although i dont use it all the time, as i need a bit more coverage sometimes, I love to use this in summer, it doesn't mess with my skin, gives good coverage and isnt too heavy in warm weather, just a bit messy as the powder goes everywhere.
I use their green concealer, normal concealer, foundation in intense, silk finishing powder and blush, their lip blam / lipsticks are nice too, very natural

G Mineral (off Ebay)

I use the green concealer, its works wonders on spots for covering them as it neautralises red tones, and also under my eyes and anywhere i have uneven skin tone, i use it after my liquid foundation under the final layer of powder.

Gosh green concealer

I use this first after priming, its a thick cream and i just dab a tiny bit on spots and uneven red patches, and rub it in, then put normal concealer on and then liquid and powder.
Its fabulous, cannot praise it enough, i'm quite ill most of the time, and this really helps to make me look more alive and normal instead of lookig all under the weather and it really neautralises the bags under my eyes.

Gosh Eyeshadows

Luv these when used damp or with a primer, so vibrant and stay put, i especially love the blue's, i got a set of 4, cant remember what you call one those as its not a tri lol, a quad? Also the skin coloured one is nice, it really lifts my eyes when im not wearing colour.

Anna Sui Cream Eyeshadow

I use a blue one under a barry m dazzle dust and its amazing ! I can't get hold of any more colours unfortunately, but would if i could.

Mac Eyebrow Pencil

Love love love this! I have very thinly plucked kind of half eyebrows lol, so draw them back on with this is dark brown 'stud' for everyday and black 'velvetone' for going out. Looks great, goes on nice, and stays put all night!

At the moment this is what im useing on a daily basis, and they're all fantastic products in my opinion:
Gosh green concealer
Collection 2000 stick concealer
Revlon colourstay liquid foundation
Rimmel stay matte pressed powder
Revlon pressed powder blush
Mac eyebrow penil
George eyedust in white under the brow
Gosh beige eyeshadow over lid
Collection 2000 pressed eyeshadow in white over it all
Rimmel professional liquid liner on top lid
Rimmel exagerate liquid line for flicks and lower lid
Borgeouis (sp?) ultra black mascara

Fetus

Post by Fetus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 am

Loreal True Blend foundation.
I've used the lightest colors in all the ranges (warm, cool, nuetral) The colors are really different in the bottle, but not so much on my face. I normally use the wamer shade, though it works really well and is layerable.

Physicians Formula Green Pressed Concealer
Jesus in a compact. This stuff has really just, saved me in the makeup world. I have extremely red skin, even with foundation but if I put this on after foundation it just really evens out my skin tone, and it makes my skin feel really nice and soft. The compacts is really nice, too. It has it's own mirror and a portable brush so it's pretty handy to carry around.

DeadGirl SUPERSTAR

Post by DeadGirl SUPERSTAR » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

This stuff is PERFECT. I had the hardest time trying to find pale foundation, even MAC didn't have anything for me. Everything I tried turned me into an orange! I asked the woman who helped me at MAC what she would suggest and she said Make Up For Ever. I went to Sephora right afterwards and tried it on, and OMG it was amazing! It goes on so nice and smooth and it has amazing coverage. I've worn it for 24+ hours now, but it still looks just as good as when I first put it on.

Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

When I bought my foundation I splurged for this because during the day my skin will sometimes look shiny, and I absoutley hate it. It was quite expensive, but you don't need a lot of it so it'll most likely last forever. So far, after 24+ hours, no shine. :)

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:26 pm

Lancome Defincils Mascara
I LOVE this stuff. It is pricey, but it's the only mascara I've used thus far that doesn't bug my eyes. I wear contacts, and with all other mascaras, after about 5-6 hours, my eyes start to burn and the mascara feels hard and itchy, like sand paper. The Lancome is perfect though--I even got it in my eye by accident and it didn't burn at all. It stays pretty soft and move-able all day. It's pricey and it's not waterproof, but i LOVE it!!!

Pallidity EyeShadows (older formula I suppose)
I've begun to appreciate her eye shadow's even more because I am beginning to see their complexity. The color Zeus for instance is very multifaceted. A blue grey base with shiny silver/gold highlights, also a bit see through applied dry, yet somehow very light catching and gorgeous. Lovely :) and chemical free minerals

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:34 am

I used to be the world biggest Barry M fan.. but of late I am all about Gosh.. their turquise blue waterprook liquid eyeliner is amazing, they do a good range of colours although I would prefer to see bolder colours.. alas.. as of yet they dont!! Still major thumbs up from me though!
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

petrina_678

Post by petrina_678 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am

udpp . Urban decay primer potion its the BEST.enough said

cypherlox

Post by cypherlox » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:06 pm

bright pigment eyeshadow junkies:
anything MAC, Urban Decay, and Ben Nye in my opinion are the absolute best.

They are the richest colors you will find and come in a wide selection. The can get a bit pricey, but every now and then urban decay has 30% off sale and you can stock up.

Also make sure to apply your urban decay primer potion before applying eyeshadow for best results!!
CypherLOX.com
Visit us on Facebook!
Visit us on Myspace!
Follow us on Twitter!

Cypherlox.com - Custom Falls & Extensions, Hair Making Supplies, Hair Dye, Goggles, Fuzzy Boot Covers and more!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 am

MAC Plushglass lipgloss.

I only have one shade, Full For You, but it's so lovely. It's completely non sticky, a really nice sheer pink that's not too girly in colour but has incredible gloss and shine and it smells just like marzipan :D

Gosh eyeshadows

Echoing everything already said, they're amazing, especially applied wet.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed May 06, 2009 11:02 am

Pallidity- LaMer, Bunny Tracks, Jasper and grape Soda
Everyone loves Pallidity eyeshadows anyway :D but I got these colours (among others) today and wow, they are amaaaaaazing
especially LaMer, the glitteriness and sparkliness is wonderful and i plan to wear it into the ground :D
/emmy x

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 pm

The new Maybelline mascara, Volum'Express or someting...The one in the fat yellow tube!

Anyway, as it was quite cheap (just over £5) I dint expect it to be great but it is! It makes my lashes super long and thick without being clumpy and really brightens my eyes!

delic1999

Post by delic1999 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 pm

UDPP- by Urban Decay

A god send for eyeshadow! Helps oily lids from creasing the shadow. The only draw back is the packageing designe. The shape to the bottle leves product unreachable by the wand. If you think yours has run out you should cut open the plastic bottle. There is a ton of product still left inside. Just transfer the product into another air tight container.

I'm a MACaholic so I love a lot of MAC products the products I absolutely love are...

Pigments- They are versitile and vibrant. They can be used as a loose powder, pressed into eyeshadow pans for easier use, used wet for a foiled look or as an eyeliner, mix it into clear lip gloss and use as a lip gloss, and mix into clear nail polish and make it into a new nail polish. Tons of shades to chose from and you can mix them and make your own shade.

Fluidline- The best eyeliner I have owned. I have a bunch of different shades to play with but I love my Graphic Brown. Too bad it was an LE but at least I have 3 backups!

MSF'S - Mineralized Skin Finishes- I love them. I mostly use them as a blush but I do have some that i can use as an all over face color. They give a glow to the skin for a dewy look and a lot of product that will last you a while.

Diorshow waterproof mascara - by Dior

A great mascara that is easily removed and makes the lases long and lush without the raccoon eyes look afterwords.

Everyday Minerals - Mineral foundation

The only company out there that can match my super pale skin tone. They offer free sample kits so that you find out what shade is best for you. You can order as many of these as you want but can only order one kit at a time. You do have to pay for shipping. And in that kit you can get 3 different foundations and they have 4 different finishes to chose from. I sound like a sales woman..lol! I'm serious girls I lost hope on foundation untill I found this site and they have a lot of fair shades to chose from!!! I also love how my skin has changed since wearing mineral foundation and that I don't feel like i'm wearing a greasy mask. It looks very natural, there is no makeup lines, and it's light on your skin. Their prices are very reasonable expecaily if you order a custom kit.

Miss Spookiness

Post by Miss Spookiness » Mon May 18, 2009 10:26 pm

delic1999 wrote:
Everyday Minerals - Mineral foundation

The only company out there that can match my super pale skin tone. They offer free sample kits so that you find out what shade is best for you. You can order as many of these as you want but can only order one kit at a time. You do have to pay for shipping. And in that kit you can get 3 different foundations and they have 4 different finishes to chose from. I sound like a sales woman..lol! I'm serious girls I lost hope on foundation untill I found this site and they have a lot of fair shades to chose from!!! I also love how my skin has changed since wearing mineral foundation and that I don't feel like i'm wearing a greasy mask. It looks very natural, there is no makeup lines, and it's light on your skin. Their prices are very reasonable expecaily if you order a custom kit.

I used to order from them and get the free samples everytime i ordered of all the same foundation that i used, and you end up getting loads free and can refill your tub hehe, naughty, i found G minerals on ebay that are just as good aswell, and they do a really pale mineral foundation thats as good and its cheaper as its in the UK :D xxxx

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed May 20, 2009 9:58 am

Barry M Dazzle Dusts

Like many others on this board, I adore them, they don't crease on me, they come in loads of colours and I can use them without having my skin shatter into red pieces, unlike MAC :(

Natural Collection Powder

I've spent a good while, maybe a year or so, trying to find a decent powder, I prefer using just powder to foundation and powder, this one was ideal. It comes in exactly the right shade as I'm a funny pale yellowy colour, its a mere £2! Its fantastic and I love it, just enough to make sure my redness goes away!

Boing Concealor (Benefit)

Its pricey, I'll give you that, but its a good shade even for me being pale and it doesn't feel like I'm plastered crap over my face just to get rid of some dark eye and raising spots. It seems to be lasting me quite a while considering how small it is. I'd definately buy it again!

ladylovelybrit

Post by ladylovelybrit » Thu May 21, 2009 5:01 am

Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Transforming potion
Makes everything look like liquid eyeliner, I am obsessed with it.
Too Faced Eyeshadow Base
Goes on so smooth and keeps everything in place.
Maybelline Great Lash curved brush in Blackest Black
My all time favorite. Gives me crazy thick and curled black lashes.
Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-brush
Enables you to coat every SINGLE eyelash, even the top roots of them, for perfect coverage. Paired with the great lash, makes the look flawless.
Hard Candy Eye Candy Shadow
I love every color, they are just so lovely and shimmery. i wish I could to own all of them, so far I only have Sour apple, Cotton Candy and Popsicle.
~ He makes me melt like a popsicle on the fourth of July.

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Thu May 21, 2009 3:12 pm

URBAN DECAY EYESHADOWS
I think that these are possibly the best, brightest eyeshadows i have found in beautifully shimmering shades. I have two of their palettes, and the only problem is i use them up too quickly! I'd recommend 'Graffiti', 'peace','ransom','oilslick' and 'uzi'- and theyre black shade 'zero' is the darkest black eyeshadow i have found that last for ages and blend really well. I s'pose the only downfall is spending a weeks food money replacing them!

DREAM MATTE MOUSSE AND POWDER
Perfect combination. Really lovely light shade, which blends fantastically with my concealer. Doesnt tend to get patchy or rub off, and lasts a good few hours :) Perfect for my complexion. I add a tint of the powder over the top, removing any shine, and making my face one colour, ready for blusher!

EYELURE EYELASHES
Not sure if this is in the right section, but i class it as cosmetics! My friend gave me a set of these, lost the number but very big ones! The glue in the pack is amazing, so much better than the rubbish ones they give you with other lashes. Glue comes in a pot, with a little plastic applicator to apply perfectly, and once your lashes are applied, they last all night! I wore mine to an all-night rave on saturday and they didnt budge! SOOO happy. I'd also recommend their individual lashes. You can make them as long and full as you like, or just add a few strands at the end for a bit of a sexy flick, but they sit away from the eyelid, so you cannot see them really! The glue is different to strip lashes, it lasts weeks! A bit more time consuming than strip lashes, but WELL worth it for the end look!

KRYOLAN UV DAYGLO EYESHADOWS
Calling all you cybers and neon lovers, these are the BEST eyeshadow you will come across. Pretty difficult to apply as they are water based, and you need to use a wet brush. They work a bit like liquid eyeliners, and are actually theatrical makeup, but ive never found anything quite so NEON! They glow in uv blacklight, and seem sooo bright in the sunlight. Its really hard to explain how fab these are, you should just go try them for yourself. You can find them on ebay.com in amy's shop 'SHRINKLE'. Shes a perfectly reputatable seller btw! I havent found them in the UK tho :S

abz x

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 pm

yet another good pallidity one :D
coffee bean
bought this for my sister actually but borrowed a bit just to see and wow, if you have brown eyes they really stand out like this
personally have a bright purple obsession atm, but still, always nice to have an experiment go well
and my sister loved it too!
/emmy x

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu May 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Prescriptives Flawless Skin Total Protection Concealer
Rock me out! As a chic with dark eye circle problems, concealer is everything. This is smooth and creamy, does great when set with a powder, and super pigment dense. Also, it's SPF 25! So it protects my delicate eye flesh from EVIL sun rays all freaking day. I love you prescriptives concealer!

SuperCollider

Post by SuperCollider » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Me Me Me Flawless Concealer

This concealer comes in a very pale shade, perfect for people with a nearly white skin tone like me :P

It has great overage, is about £4 I think... blends perfectly and lasts lovely with a powder on top, recomend it for people with large patches of redness :)

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:00 am

Collection 2000 Magi-Length Mascara

Normally I prefer a big, clumpy false lash effect with my mascaras, but sometimes I like something a little more natural and this is perfect for that. It recommends two coats for the best effect, but separates and lengthens lashes with just one. It has one of those plastic mini-brushes so you can get every lash, and it's surprisingly waterproof for a mascara which doesn't say it's waterproof anywhere on it.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 am

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

It's incredible! One of the best I ever used.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”