Make-up *Positive Reviews*

faticeira

Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 am

Post all of you positive reviews and recommendations for all make-up products in this thread.

Make the product name the first sentence so it is clear and then write your review underneath.

SoupyGeorge

Re: Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by SoupyGeorge » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am

Too Faced duo shadows. They are lovely! I don't know if they're the same quality as the single ones(I know UD normal shadows and their dluxe shadows aren't), so I won't review them.

I have 3 different ones, Steel Magnolias, Cocoa Lily, and Lovey Dovey(I use the darker for my eye brows, occasionally.

*out of 5*
color: 5! *What you see is what you get!
stay power: 3.5 *Sometimes have to re-apply sometime in the day
quality: 5! *So soft and smooth, goes on great! You don't have to rub the brush in, just one stroke and you have enough!

Too Faced Lash Injection

Lash length: 5 *Makes my lashes HUGE! And I have very short eye lashes!
Color: 4 *Black is very black, but not DOOM black that I'd like, lol!
Stay Power: 5! *Even after I have washed all my makeup off, it still isn't all gone! Sometimes need to gently pull off with my fingers(WHILE WET! Don't want to pull pout any lashes)

All I got for now, but I just need to dig through my make up later! Don't remember all I have. And I'm not gonna bother reviewing my mac eye shadows.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:38 pm

fyrinnae liquid eyeliner
finally a liquid eyeliner that doesn't flake off! it's easy to apply and remove although it has no problem staying on all day. it dries to an almost powder finish.

maybelline the colossal volum' express mascara
doesn't flake, doesn't clump, smells good, doesn't burn the eyes, removes easily, gives me really long and full lashes.

medusa's makeup
everything i have bought from them has been amazing. their shadows and eye dusts are brilliantly pigmented.

barry m dazzle dust
i only own one of them but i adore it. a little goes a long way so you don't have to cake it on to get deep, bright color.

starlight

Post by starlight » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm

urban decay big fatty mascara

one of the only mascaras I've found that doesn't clump on me! the brush is HUGE compared to some, and took me a little getting used to (i.e. not getting it on my eyelids!) but I love it.

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Makes my eyeshadows stay on forever!

Avon's Daring Definition
Like a gel version of liquid eyeliner which you apply with a brush. Only it doesn't run when my eyes get soggy and stays on all day even without UDPP

Barry M Dazzle Dust
Quite cheap, good selection of colours, nice and bright.
Only problem I have with it is that if I dont put UDPP on first it tends to rub off, but with the PP tis fine!
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Gorey

Post by Gorey » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 am

Vincent Longo Wet Diamond Eyeshadow
this is by far my favorite eyeshadow now. Im trying to collect all the colors. They have just the perfect amount of sparkle and go on so nicely. (I wear them dry). I highly reccomend the shade Tempest Bronze.

Lash Blast Mascara
i would seriously never buy another mascara after this one, its amazing!!! makes my lashes look so long and so nice and dark.
formaly known as GoreyGlamour
known as GoreyFashionFaggot on vf.com
known as Sushi. on Specktra.net

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Revlon "Dark Pleasures" nail polish in Steel-etto

This could very well be the only nail polish I've ever owned that hasn't chipped within a day of being applied! I put it on last Thursday evening and it still looks as though it has been freshly applied. I didn't use a top coat or anything, I just applied one layer (which was enough). It's an excellent colour too. I hope the rest of their nail polishes are as good as this!
More human than human

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Wet and Wild Top Coat

One of the few that stays very glossy and it's so cheap.

dreadstarrs

Post by dreadstarrs » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 pm

hair enigma (pallidity) pigments-

i ordered some sample colors from this lovely lady to check them out and fell IN LOVE. the colors are vibrant and last a long time. also, the shadow itself is very versatile. it can be applied dry for shadow or wet for a liner. i loooooove it!![/b]
when you find yourself on the edge of madness,dive.

** faerie princess **

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 pm

dreadstarrs wrote:hair enigma (pallidity) pigments-

i ordered some sample colors from this lovely lady to check them out and fell IN LOVE. the colors are vibrant and last a long time. also, the shadow itself is very versatile. it can be applied dry for shadow or wet for a liner. i loooooove it!![/b]
I second this, i ordered about 20 from her and thats all i use now on top of a MAC shadestick as a base!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:59 am

Thirded for Pallidity's shadows :D As soon as I get my student loan I'll be having a binge ;)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

jennytree

Post by jennytree » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 pm

L'Oreal Double Extension Mascara

This stuff is great, doesn't clog up the lashes, no clumps. Yet it gives a fake lash effect, and doesn't come off unless you use warm water - great stuff!! :P
I can't get a bloody avatar to fit!

Tashayarna

Post by Tashayarna » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 pm

Barry M, dazzle Dust, and Fine Glitter dust
I cant say enough good things about this product, when I did my course in stage make-up we always used this brand, it stays on for hours and if applied right doesn’t smudge (I even have a hard time washing it off!) don’t let the size of the pots put you off either, I’ve got a pot that’s lasted me 3 years @_@;

Barry M Liquid Eyeliner Black.
Awesome again, doesn’t smudge, doesn’t wash off! lol only problem is it tends to dry up easily, so don’t leave the cap off for very long!

Barry M liquid eyeliner in Blue/turquoise
same as above, only not AS blue as they lead you to believe, I haven’t tried the other colours yet so I guess it could just be the turquoise/blue, as they do a royal blue as well.

Barry M Super soft eye crayon in Black
is VERY black, covers well and holds well, after a few hours you may need to re-apply though, you get a allot for your money too as the pencil is huge!

Barry M intense black water proof mascara.

lasted even in swimming pool, didn’t run at all, can’t wash it off! does tend to go clumpy very quickly so again try not to leave it un-capped for too long.

Barry M sky blue Lengthening mascara.
wonderful, made my lashes very long, covers well and doesn’t clump up, but isn’t as blue as it looks, once its on your lashes.

Boots Natural collection Manga & Papaya coloured lip gloss.
Smells greats (tastes not so great lol) leaves a lovely glittery shine to lips, and keeps them well moisturised.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:51 pm

barry m black intense mascara
easy to use and dosen't clump up and seperates and lengthens the eyelashes.

rimmer primer
goes on great and very light like a moisturiser ^^
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:43 pm

MAC Fluid Studio Fix

It's the only foundation that actually does what it's supposed to, it doesn't make me break out like crazy and it comes in a good range of colors which is good because I have a hard time finding shades that match my skin tone.

MAC Pro Lash Mascara

This is just simply the best mascara I've ever tried.

O.P.I. Nailpolish

Though it still chips off pretty fast, it stays on the longest and is the best nailpolish that I have ever used. It also comes in a huge range of colors.

Victorias Secret Lip Palettes and Gloss

I LOVE the VS lip palette that I have! It makes your lips look great! The lip glosses are VERY sticky so if you can't handle stickiness than the VS gloss isn't for you.

MAC Lipstick and Lipglass

So many colors to choose from and they stay on and don't dry out my lips. I also love the fact that they have matte, shiny, etc...

Too Faced Lip Of Luxury

AMAZING color and it stays on and moisturizes.

Too Faced Lash Injection

This stuff smells awesome, very fruity and works so well. It doesn't irritate my eyes like cheap mascara does.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm

maybelline mineral makeup

this is my first experience with mineral foundation but it's absolutely wicked! i don't like heavy foundation but this goes on like a light powder with the coverage of a good foundation...and at £8 odd it's seriously worth it!

rimmel exaggerate liquid eyeliner

takes a bit of practise but i love this liquid eyeliner and literally wear it every day
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

I love this stuff, really brings shadow's to their true potential and keeps them on all day.

Barry M Dazzle Dusts

Not much without afore mentioned base I find, but are BRILLIANT once ready based. Really good, vibrant colours and very good for the price. Also, as someone else said, a little really does go a long way.

Collection 2000 Dazzle Me Dusts

I'm so, so taken with these, absolutely awesome, £2.99 a pot, you get a LOT and the quality is easily as good as Barry M. Total convert :D
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:51 pm

body shop eyeshadow

i love this stuff...not a MASSIVE range of colours but the ones they have are nice and the colours come up lovely...the spearmint one especially
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:50 pm

maybelline mineral power concealer
it doesn't get patchy or gunky when my skin gets oily and it doesn't make my foundation flake like the last concealer i tried. it also works really well as an eye shadow primer. when i use it as a shadow base it's easier to rub out creases and mistakes.

winter

Post by winter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Clinique brush on liner
I have this in true black, and I love it! It doesn't smell, goes on smooth and stays on really well, even without a primer/base.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Boots Natural Collection Eyeshadows

Love them! Love the pastel colours and they go on very well and do not irritate sensitive eyes. Incredible price too.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:57 am

Prescriptives

The FIRST company I've found who actually have two separate rows of 'cool' colour and 'warm' colour foundations! (The chart looks a bit like one of those Dulux colour chart things, with one colour ranging from pale to dark and then another slightly different colour ranging through the same shades..)

Before this, I've always had to just go for the lightest colour possible in any range and hope.. but they're ALWAYS too yellow for my skin! They're pale enough, some of them, but the tone is just too warm for me.

So! I've now discovered the lightest shade of Prescriptives 'cool' foundation (which has a pinkish base rather than a yellow base) and it's absolutely perfect! It goes on smoothly and looks sooooo natural :)

Only thing is, it's not cheap! ~£27 a bottle is a bit more than the £21.50 I'm used to spending, but it really is worth it to have a foundation that actually matches my skin!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

poisonedblueeyes

Post by poisonedblueeyes » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 am

neutrogena moistureshine lip soother
its so good. i have the shimmer 10 one its a peach/nude color and its so fun to wear cause it has cooling hydragel. t smells good and tastes fine even tho its not that great if u accedentilly squueze out too much and wear it..kinda tastes like hydragel. its an awesome product its good if u like to reapply things to your lips and it has silver on its tube that the rest is see thru. it just looks cool. and it also is spf 20. :!:

Orpheus Faust

Post by Orpheus Faust » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 am

Larenim loose eyeshadows

I bought ice princess and type o(from their goth lines) both colors are really intense and go on beautiful. Type O is a nice red, though it is a little rust colored, not as pure red as I would have liked(anyone know where to find a good pure red?)

Ice princess is a really nice shiny bright blue. I haven't used it on my eyes yet, but I will today, I'll post a picture

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:03 pm

2true (i think its a superdrug own brand) mechanical pencil eyeliners
with the neon yellow you can paint your whole eyelid and it stays better than eyesahdow and much much brighter, perfect of you want bright yellow eyes :D
/emmy x

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”