Make-up *Positive Reviews*

wickerhart

Re: Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by wickerhart » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 am

merle norman's pressed purely mineral
This stuff is so awsome, got rid of my redness and its very smooth and light weight. It doesn't streak like a lot of foundations I've used and its not too shimmery either.

Spellbound by Jynx
Amazing colors, and they aren't grainy either. Goes on perfectly... stays on forever (well until u take it off). I accidently fell asleep with it on and when I woke up it looked like I had just applied it. I'm wearing it now at work and no problems what so ever. The only thing that's wrong is 1 I didn't find it earlier and 2 I don't have an unlimited supply of all the colors

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Sounds funny but Bloody Mary pressed powder eyeshadow in red is THE best red I've ever used as far as being a really true, bright, fire engine red. Its super matte and it does have a decent amount of fallout, but it goes on and stays on forever :shock: I was really surprised as I bought one at hottopic years ago so I never expected it to work, then sometime last year I tried it on a whim and its amazing. When you first use it you have to kind of scratch at the surface of the powder a bit because it seems to be packed in reeaallly hard, its also a little dry/thin feeling when you wear it but it really builds up easily. It also looks like it has a small amount of glitter in it... which doesnt show up at all (yaaay, I hate glitter!). Its one of the products I use basically every day.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 am

MAC Haute and Naughty Lash

I got this free in an order from MAC. As you can see, my lashes are practically non-existent normally and I love the false lash effect but hate wearing false lashes. The sheer amount of length and volume I get from this mascara is INCREDIBLE. I normally use an eyelash curler before putting mascara on but I’ve found I have no real need to with this. I can imagine how long and lovely my lashes will look when I use one though! This is the only MAC mascara I’ve ever tried as I’ve heard next to nothing but bad about most of them but I have to say I do love it.

Pros
  • High volume, long length, high drama lashes in a matter of seconds
  • Stays put all day without smudging and yet I find it easy to remove with make up remover/cleanser
  • Holds a curl well even without using a lash curler
  • Doesn’t feel hard or “sticky” on the lashes like some mascaras can
Cons
  • Can be clumpy if you use more than one coat - easily sorted by using a lash comb
  • Expensive, it’s nearly double what Maxfactor Masterpiece Max which is my go-to mascara.

debra_beretta

Post by debra_beretta » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm

ELF studio tinted moisturiser. It's a bit stodgy so I add a bit of extra moisturiser to it but it gives a lovely tone to my skin with very light coverage. Oh and it's only £3.50. Bargain! <3
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about. - H.P Lovecraft

debra_beretta

Post by debra_beretta » Sun May 01, 2011 1:45 pm

I bought Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara yesterday for about £11.00 from Boots in Leicester and I'm pretty impressed so far. The tube and applicator are ENORMOUS so it feels nice and chunky, but anyone wanting something small to stick in a purse for an evening probably won't find the packaging very helpful. It's purple though, which scores extra brownie points.

It's lasted quite a while on me with very little fallout, it applies nicely, lengthening and thickening and might have just nabbed my new top spot for mascara. It's a lot less stodgy than Coup de Theatre by Bourjois, so I think I'll be using this one more regularly :-)
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about. - H.P Lovecraft

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Illamasqua Brow Cake
I bought this stuff in January after reading a review elsewhere and I have to say it is brilliant. I have used it almost daily for the last 5 months and I've barely made a dent in it - have a feeling it will last a hell of a long time! The powder stays put all day long and on those days where I forget to take my make-up off at night - it's still there in the morning! No smudges at all.

Revlon Just Bitten lip pen
I was bought one of these last week and have since been back to the shops to buy another in a different colour. You paint on the colour using the felt-tip applicator and then put the balm on top. The two colours I have are Passion (a vibrant pink) and Flame (an orangey red shade which came out bright red once I put it on). The colours last amazingly well and have a wonderful texture on the lip. And as like the browcake - this stuff takes some shifting! Fell asleep with nice bright red lips last night and they are still bright this morning! These pens are also on offer for us UK ladies at the moment in Boots - £5.99 instead of £7.99

KittyKassdreads

Post by KittyKassdreads » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Skin 79 Super Plus BB Cream Triple Functions

I love BB cream because its a light form of makeup that not only has great coverage but is good for your skin.
its makeup and skincare all in one. It whitens and brightens your face, prevents wrinkles, sebum controlling (no acne), and moisturizing. I always had issues finding makeup that was light enough for my skin and this was perfect and it kept my pale skin pale! Its good for all skin types acne pron, oily, dry (i have), or normal skin. I would recommend this to anyone who likes to have pale/keep pale skin while getting a skincare treatment ^^

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Celebre Pro HD creme makeup from Mehron

Really GREAT coverage. So much I use it as a concealer for daily use. It also has super stay power, so for sweaty night outs it'd be great to use as an all over face base. Professional, high quality ingredients designed for pro dancers/ballerinas and stage use.

http://www.mehron.com/Celebre_Cream_Makeup_p/201.htm

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 am

Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor

This is the one in a little box with two tu bes, one is the liquid lip color, the other is the stick clear topcoat.
Im not too big into makeup normally and only bought this in bright red for my Cruella costume. I put it on around 12am to make sure the color was correct. It says to let the color dry 60 secs before applying topcoat, but i was impatient so i waited more like 10. Still looked and felt GREAT! Since my mission was to check the color, and i had done that, i didnt worry about it the rest of the evening , thus never reapplied the topcoat or anything. I went on to eat, drink, brush my teeth and scrub my face for bed, sleep, shower, wash my face and brush my teeth AGAIN and it had only just started coming off when i took the following picture. Without reapplying the topcoat my lips never dried out fully or cracked and peeled like they do with the Once Bitten brand that lasts more like 20 minutes than all day. I can only imagine that reapplying the topcoat would keep this lipstick vibrant and beautiful ALL DAY without worries.

After taking tbhis picture, i simply wiped it off with coconut oil (which i use in place of chemical makeup remover) and it same off easily without any residue or smudging around my mouth. Quite pleased. Id almost given up on all days after my abysmal luck with once bitten, but now i may go back to trying to wear makeup more often.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:11 pm

OK you're gonna probably not believe this, but go with it

Colour Circles Palette from New Look, £4.99

Yes. It's £4.99 and it comes from New Look, who are not known for their fantastic make up. But this came in the other day and I thought "welp, if it's crap I'm not exactly wasting a lot of money". You get two blushers, three lipglosses and 17 eyeshadows in sets of three co-ordinated colours

It's not amazing, granted, but for £4.99 the colours are nicely pigmented and with a good primer they last all day.

donnaoh

Post by donnaoh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Peggy sage black eyeliner, primark black gel eyeliner, primark highlighter (like benefit highbeam)

I love peggy sage black eyeliner. Its the best eyeliner i have ever used. It goes on very black and stays on for ages.
I dont know where you can get it, i got it through college.

I love primark black gel eyeliner. Its usually on sale for 50 cent (original price of 1.50 euro is still cheap!!!) I find its as good as expensive ones.

Primark highlighter which is like benefit highbeam (again, on sale for 50 cent). We did a 'blindfold' test between benefit and primark, the primark one was better. and about 32 euro cheaper!!!

Marine

Post by Marine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Max Factor Masterpiece mascara it really gives false lashe effect

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 am

Illamasqua sheer lipgloss - I have it in Tantrum

Only "sheer" in comparison to the Intense lipglosses. Excellent colour payoff and no stickiness which I found can be a problem with the Intense glosses.

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation and Matte Finishing Powder
Absolutely stunning products, I have super oily skin, and am on a constant quest to find a decent foundation to both suit my extremely pale skintone and kill shine, but these two together do the trick! The Porcelain shade is a perfect match for my very pale skin, and the translucent Matte finishing powder gives a super matte shine free finish! I also use these two in conjunction with Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder which is also a godsend for oily skin! Looks white in the compact, but goes on colourless, it says it's suitable for all skintones, but as I'm very pale anyway, it would probably suit me even if it did go on with a whitish shade.

Also, I love Besame - all of their cosmetics. Their lipsticks come in gorgeous retro shades of red (I have a bright red, a neutral shade and a dark cherry red), their eyeshadows are super-pigmented and the blush gives a gorgeous retro style flush with very little product. They do come in very small sizes, but as they are highly pigmented, you only need to use a tiny bit anyway.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”