Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

KittenAttack

Re: Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by KittenAttack » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 pm

moROSE69 wrote:Schwarzkopf got2b glued blasting freezing spray screaming hold. What a mouth full!!

Ultra holding power... I use this alot... well not so much any more since my hair is at a terrible outgrown stage. My bf will vouch for it too. He never puts product in his hair but when I cut his hair about 2 months ago and styled it with this he was hooked. He uses it everyday now. Great for big hair lovers!!
I second this, it's amazing for forming spikes, even on hair that's not incredibly short. Use it all the time...also their spiking "glue." I've never found a better product for spiking hair that makes them stay frozen in place.

uid

Post by uid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 am

Tigi Bed Head shampoos, I love the entire line, they all smell so good and leave my hair feeling great. they are also a great deal if you buy them during the liter sales that happen every few months.

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 am

Lush Caca Marron Henna

Well I got well and truly bitten by the henna bug thanks to Stina, and after my supplies ran out I turned to Lush. I went with marron because I need something a little more toned down while I am job hunting. Actual setup is a teense laborious, having to melt the henna with boiling water, and even with a LOT of stirring it was still a bit gritty, meaning I had to walk around with a tissue neckbrace to catch falling residue! After two hours I rinsed, and already noticed a deep chesnut colour which two days later has become a rich conker colour with shiny red highlights. Plus my hair is rather soft.

Thumbs up!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 am

Superdrug Colour Effects wash in wash out conditioning colour in 8.1 or Cool Blonde

After being recommended this as a toner by both Madii and Lorny I decided to give it a try. I was pretty disappointed by the directions one and this was so much cheaper (97p a bottle).

I didn't need to use a lot on my hair (it's about chin length). Applied to wet hair it lathers up like a shampoo, much easier to apply than the directions one. I left it on for about 10-15 minutes and was left with silver shiny hair. It conditions really well and the colour is great. Not sure how long it lasts like this as I' only did it yesterday but even if I had to re-apply every wash it's still great value for money. For 97p I think I'm going to get about 4 applications. Absolute Bargain!

Only slight down side is it does make your hair smell a bit chemically, but I fixed that by using a coconut conditioning hair mask afterwards...whcih brings me onto:

Boots Ingredients Coconut and Almond conditioning hair mask

I swear this stuff has rescued my hair from bleach. Take a big handful and smother your hair in it leave it on for ages then rinse out. Leaves your hair smelling yummy and you can literally feel it rebuidling damaged hair. Plus it's only a couple of quid for a massive tub (one tub has lsted me about 3 months so far and I've still got osme left)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

SilverSmear

Post by SilverSmear » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 am

Some things I like are:

Aussie 3 minute miracle- I used to use this stuff all the time... but the bottle seriously annoys me and it seems to be really super heavy duty or something... think my hair is healthier and not needing this heavy a cond.

Pantene Pro v Restoratives Collection
trying this... I never really liked Pantene products... waxy or something. But my hair is so screwed up I am trying everything. So far I am liking it.
Updated: So far this stuff is doing great. Note: It is taking tons of red out of my hair. (Which for me works as I am working back to a more natural brown.)

Aveeno: Nourish+Condition Leave-in- Really great stuff. Small bottle tho.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." Lewis Carroll

CandyBubbles

Post by CandyBubbles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 am

K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor

This stuff is so good. I bleach and sometimes use dyes that contain ammonia >_< on my hair quite a bit and this product has been doing wonders for my hair despite it's ugly health. I use a bit with my hair conditoner so I can get my moneys worth as it is rather expensive. But it leaves your hair soft, stronger and simple good. The way hair should be.
And it smells like bananas :D

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 pm

ION 3-Step Emergency Hair Repair Kit

It's a Sally's Beauty Supply Brand, about $7.00. This stuff is amazing! I bleach my hair a bit, and this stuff repairs it no matter how fried it is. It actually repairs the hair rather than smooth the hair. There is enough in the bottles to do 2 or 3 treatments on medium length hair. I do it every to every other week. My hair is stronger and retains exotic dyes better.

ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment

This stuff works great when you fry your hair. Like the bottle says, though, after it dries in your hair, don't agitate or move the hair until rinsed!
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Loreal Technique High Performance Quick Blue

I won't let any other bleach touch my head. Lifts up to 7 levels like it claims, plus it doesn't leave brassy tones. It runs 453.6 grams or 1 lb for $23.99. Soooooo worth it! :i12:

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 pm

L'Oreal Elvive Nourish and Shimmer

Great products all of them really, but this particular one smells sooooooooooooo gorgeous. I love it when you can find a shampoo that doesn't smell of fruits or heavy perfume but more of vanilla or musk or honey. This smells mostly of honey.

Velvet_Volcano

Post by Velvet_Volcano » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Lush Veganese
Adore it, leaves my hair super soft and smells great.

Lush Karma Shampoo Bar
Love the smell of this, leaves my hair squeaky clean and works really well with veganese for me.
My hair hasnt smelt/looked and felt this good in ages. :D
If your right hand is causing you pain, cut it off, cut it off.

VelvetVolcano Jewellery & Accessories:
http://www.facebook.com/velvetvolcano.jewellery

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save Silver Shampoo

We use this in my salon and it is the shizzle! You only need a small amount as it is very pigmented. It is definitely worth the money!

Thought I'd better add, this is a shampoo for making hair white. :)

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:32 pm

tresemme 24 hr body root lift spray
my hair has no volume to it at all, it's as flat as paper. teasing alone doesn't work, in 15 minutes my hair has detangled itself. teasing with hair spray leaves my hair crunchy, and in 15 minutes flat as a board again. with tresemme's spray my hair actually does hold the teasing and keep some volume with out being crunchy.

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:59 pm

GHD Thermal Protector for normal-fine hair

Since I got my hair cut shorter and can't tie it back easily, I've been straightening it every day, which I know isn't a very good idea, and my hair is definitely starting to suffer :( I've been using this stuff for about 2 weeks now, and it makes my hair look a lot smoother, and it feels healthier too. I've also been able to go an extra day between washes, which really surprised me, since normally my hair + any kind of product besides shampoo and conditioner = greasy hair, very quickly. It's expensive (I got it as part of a set with my GHDs, hehe) but I only have to spray it once on each section (and I straighten in fairly large sections) so it should last me a while! Last time I was at the hairdressers she tried very hard to sell me some heat protection spray by another brand I don't remember, the bottle was a similar size and she said it'd last 6 months, so if this GHD one lasts me as long I'll be very happy!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Fudge Paintbox - Raspberry Beret

I found out that it is highly UV reactive. :)

Crazy Color (by Renbow) - Peacock Blue

If you want a long lasting teal colour, this stuff is the way to go.

mighty_boosh_fan

Post by mighty_boosh_fan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 am

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner

It is lovely and smelly makes weak and distressed hair strong. It’s a leave angel that conditions and protects and when i use it on my bleached hair is always left tangle free.

A+

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:09 pm

ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment and Balanced Moisturiser

If you've royally f@#$%* up your hair, this is the stuff you use. If you've only got a bit of breakage, this will be way too strong. If your hair is mushy when wet and looks absolutely fried when dried (lol) then use this. My hair almost feels normal again! It does smell quite awful, but nothing intolerable. It works so you can't really complain! Just make sure you don't move your hair when it dries!
More human than human

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Naked colour shampoo and conditioner.. and Naked Rescue Repairing Hair Treatment - frizzy, damaged hair

Tried these for the first time this morning on my dry,dull and less than healthy hair and already I've noticed a difference. It seems softer and shiney,so hopefully it'll just keep getting better. Also bought lush retread conditioner so can't wait to try that :)
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Ion Color Brilliance hair dyes. The reds that I've used came out perfect! Very bright, color has lasted well without dulling (which is a common problem with most reds I try).

AdrenaLynny

Post by AdrenaLynny » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair After bleaching my hair twice to remove the black...it was less than healthy looking and felt a bit coarse...which is very unusual for my hair. The first bleaching didnt bother it, but the second one...heh. I used this conditioner once and felt and saw an immediate difference. My hair was glossy, shiny, soft and literally sparkled in the light with the red I have in it. Ive been using this daily, and am very very pleased with it.

Splat! Luscious Raspberries My favorite red dye of all time. It lasts forEVER and is vibrant. Very minimal fading considering Ive been washing my hair 5 times a week, and I generally only can wash my hair 3 times a week at most with most other unnatural color dyes. I havent been having to touch up the color at all unless I have to bleach my roots.
Cunning Stunt.

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 am

Lush H'Suan Wen Hua

I'm not usually bothered about using all natural or "green" products so I don't go out of my way to purchase them over their chemical counterparts but this came recommended by a friend and I'm incredibly pleased with how it performs. The smell isn't really to my liking, it's quite spicy, but I cannot fault it's conditioning properties. The instructions recommend you leaving it on your hair for 20 minutes but I'd suggest leaving it on for as long as time allows, it is organic so it won't hurt your hair to do so. I used this before my birthday night out on hair that hadn't been cut in almost a year and it left me with super shiny soft locks and my split ends looked considerably better. I wouldn't recommend it if you're about to install dreads or you like a lot of volume in your hair as it does give you a really high level of "slip" but if you're after straight, sleek silky styles this is great stuff.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Paine Fury

Post by Paine Fury » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Charles Worthington's Red Hair intense Conditioner

Not sure if that's its exact name, but it was part of the blonde, brunette and red line. Works really well at keeping the red bright and lasting longer!
"I am to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 am

i'm currently prepping my hair for bleaching and i just used Head and shoulders for men shampoo with naked colour conditioner and my hair hasn't been so bouncy and soft for ages. It didnt seem to do anythin to the colour either
Kirsty x
Facebook
Etsy!
Artfire!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes

I got the shampoo and conditioner recently from this range and I am very impressed. The shampoo is a toning purple shampoo and takes out the yellow from blonde hair. The conditioner is also slightly purple toned and it left my hair feeling in great condition. It was actually shiny. It also felt a lot silkier and even seemed to stay straight the next day, whereas it usually gets wavy overnight. Also, it smells a bit like Angel perfume. I want to try the deep conditioner next :)

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 am

I suffer from eczema and I have found that T-Gel works quite well on my hair. It makes it soft-ish too.

I am mixed race so I have very frizzy and coarse hair. I tried Charles Worthington's Dream Hair Lustrous Locks moisturising shampoo and conditioner, and it does my hair a miracle! The only thing I've found that REALLY works. It helps to straighten my hair too, which is a nightmare most times. I've not seen it around much though anymore =( There is lots of Dream Hair stuff, but not this one.

However, I do believe it is still out there somewhere, and if you find it I highly recommend it. I know it's definitely available on-line.
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 pm

After wrecking my hair with over bleaching I've bought soo many different kinds of treatments and conditioners.. I really dont know why I bothered. Naked rescue repairing treatment made my hair feel great before and ive used it once since the bleach and my hair improved instantly. obv it doesnt cure split ends or broken hair, but im now able to brush my hair when its wet and it's feeling a lot softer and healthier.
Kirsty x
Facebook
Etsy!
Artfire!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”