Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

iamtheparty

Re: Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 am

Palmers Coconut Oil Formula
Upon failing to find anywhere selling pure coconut oil I got this from a little extensions shop near me. It has coconut oil, lanolin and vitamin E and its by the same people who make the Cocoa Butter Formula. You're supposed to put it on dry hair apparently but I used it between bleach baths last night and it did an AWESOME job of sorting my frazzled, tangly hair out. Highly recommend it to anyone who processes their hair. It has the consistency of lipbalm: fairly firm but you can dig it out with your fingers. I warmed it between my palms and spread it through my hair.

American Cream Conditioner by Lush
Absolutely my favourite conditioner. It smells INCREDIBLE and does a great job. Unlike other conditioners, it doesn't just coat your hair so it feels good. It feel really clean but amazingly soft. Everyone I know who's used it raves about it.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

KittenAttack

Post by KittenAttack » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Collection - can be found at Target

This stuff smells incredible if you like the beachy coconut scent, and it moisturizes and makes the hair really soft and healthy looking. I've been using the self-heating coconut oil.

scatterbrain

Post by scatterbrain » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:24 am

AUSSIE DUAL PERSONALITY ANTI-FRIZZ AND CONDITIONING MILK.

Put on either damp or dry hair, it gives AMAZING shine to damaged hair, especially if you've just used bleach. I love Aussie products anyway, but I think this has been the best I've tried so far. It's the only thing that has been able to make my blonde bleach damaged hair look lush!

I got this in the 2 for £6 offer at boots, normally it's 4 or 5 pounds - but still worth it!!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Anything by Tigi Bed Head/Catwalk

I've tried a great deal of products from this brand and everything I've tried is amazing. It does exactly what it says on the bottle (which are all very pretty!) and they smell fantastic. Plus you can get them quite cheaply on ebay, and if you live in the US, you can buy entire packs for $40-odd dollars off their site. Not bad!
More human than human

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Coolaulin by Lush

I normally use American Cream but I gave this a go because it's packed full of coconut which is super good for processed hair. I will officially be switching to Coolaulin as soon as my bottle of American Cream is up. My hair feels super soft, it's mega shiny and it smells gorgeous!!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Lush's Retread conditioner
Seriously, if you have ridiculously bleach damaged hair, skip out all the other (yes including American Cream) & go for this bad boy. It smells GORGEOUS & really works on heat damaged, bleach befrizzled hair of doom! I love it!

Lush's H'suan Wen Hua hair mask
Again, a ridiculously lovely treat for extremely damaged hair. I love this so much, it smooths damaged hair cuticles, & stimulates the scalp for new hair growth. You'll really feel the difference once you've washed it out. -Beautiful.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Tigi Bed Head Small Talk

I would quite literally die without this. It smells AMAZING, the bottle lasts for ever and ever and ever (I've had my current one since August and it's probably less than a quarter empty), and it even makes my very fine, very flat hair bouncy and full of volume. The only issue with it is, if you use a bit too much or don't work it through your hair properly, it can clump hair together, but if you comb through then that usually fixes it

Aussie Hair Care Luscious Long Leave-in Conditioner

When my hair was long I swore by this stuff, it is the most amazing detangling leave in conditioner I have ever come across. My hair tangles at the slightest mention of breeze and this stuff gets even the stubbornest knots out

beccah

Post by beccah » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Schwarzkopf touch of silver

Im not sure whether this should go into the hair dye reviews but oh my lord i love this shampoo.My hair was bleached and parts of it were YELLOW. As in bright yellow,brassy,yuck. Used this and after one wash the toneswere greatly reduced,friends thought i'd rebleached and werent happy haha. After a fewwashes my hair was white and i love it.
One problem; it is a bit drying but that can be fixed by using a nice conditioner

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:07 pm

iamtheparty wrote:American Cream Conditioner by Lush
Absolutely my favourite conditioner. It smells INCREDIBLE and does a great job. Unlike other conditioners, it doesn't just coat your hair so it feels good. It feel really clean but amazingly soft. Everyone I know who's used it raves about it.
Another one for the American Cream.

I only started using it for the first time 2 weeks ago and it's clearly helping clam my awful frizzy overly bleached head. :oops:

The smell is AMAZING too nom nom nom ^_^

BossyLibraryLady

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 am

Alchemy mandarin shampoo (for all hair types) and Alchemy conditioner (for oily scalps)

I have tried a few sls-free shampoos and conditioners in the past and had found them useless - I may as well have drizzled olive oil all over my (already) oily, lank locks. Saw the Alchemy line in my local beauty shop and thought I'd give it a go - their products are all free of sls, glycols, parabens, petrochemicals and silicone, and are 100% vegan.

The shampoo is divine (it smells like oranges and mandarins and I want to eat it up!) and works up a reasonable lather; because my hair is so oily, I wash twice. Even with doing two washes, a little bit still goes a long way.

The conditioner has a nice, clean astringent smell to it and is very light - it pretty much disappears into your hair and you don't need to spend five minutes rinsing it out... there's none of that nasty coated feeling you get with a lot of conditioners.

My hair certainly feels softer and my scalp (which tends to be oily, flaky and easily upset ) has calmed down; usually I have to wash my hair every second day to avoid looking like Professor Snape. After using the Alchemy goodies, my hair still looked nice and clean with little or no stringiness.

Definitely worth the moolah I shelled out for it (AU$11.50 per 200ml bottle).

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 pm

L'oreal's Kerastase, Bain de Force shampoo
Although it may be uber expensive (13 GPB) it has totally saved my hair from the moisture raping i give it every day due to bleaching and blowdrying/straightening. my hair feels so good after wards especially if i use the conditioner that goes with it. Best bit is you use only a tiny amount so it lasts for ages!

L'oreal's Kerastase, Masque Age Recharge conditioner
You use this like a hair mask, towel dry your hair first then you only need a tiny amount. leave it on for a few minutes and rinse it out. my hair would probably be in a completely rubbish condition now if i didnt use this stuff. this stuff aint cheap either tho think i paid about 20 quid for this too.

WasteOfAnAngel

Post by WasteOfAnAngel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:28 am

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance

There is absolutely nothing better for detangling my hair during and after removing dreads and braids. It also seems to make my scalp and hair feel better almost instantly, where I used to feel the tension still on my scalp for a couple days after taking them out. It also smells beautiful if incredibly sweet.
Kitty xx

beccah

Post by beccah » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Beyond the Zone Last Call Hair Masque.

Just amazing. Its made my frizzled hair so much softer and smoother,and smells heavenly. I think (99% sure) that its a protein masque which is great,and its quite cheap too!

renzo_piano

Post by renzo_piano » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

It's saved my hair many, many times. I have very dark brown hair that I bleach blonde, and nothing has made my hair feel as healthy as this stuff. It has tons of protein to fill in the gaps, and makes your hair much stronger. Unfortunately it smells like bread yeast and mashed bananas - not so great.

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 am

renzo_piano wrote:Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

It's saved my hair many, many times. I have very dark brown hair that I bleach blonde, and nothing has made my hair feel as healthy as this stuff. It has tons of protein to fill in the gaps, and makes your hair much stronger. Unfortunately it smells like bread yeast and mashed bananas - not so great.
Was just about to add this! I have about 8 products in the range and it has saved my hair. It used to feel and look like straw, no matter how many moisturising treatments I used. Coconut oil definitely helped but not as much as this has. Even before I started dying and bleaching my hair, it never looked this good. One of my friends remarked that I looked just like I'd walked out of a salon! I actually like the smell, to me it smells like a chocolate and banana smoothie :D
More human than human

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Yes To Carrots- Mud Conditioner

I love this stuff. It makes my hair feel like real hair again (as opposed to Barbie doll hair) and my hair curls again. It makes my hair feel very soft and makes it shiny.

Natures Gate Organics- Chamomile and Lemon Verbena Moisturizing Shampoo

This has made my hair feel like real hair again as well. It smells really good and doesn't leave any nasty residue in my hair. *This will not lather. It will still work though, just massage it into your hair.*

RevaM1ssP1ss

Post by RevaM1ssP1ss » Fri May 01, 2009 5:40 pm

The Tres Emme moisturising shampoo and conditioner work pretty well at not fading my hair too much. Nothing fancy.

The dye's by Stargazer and it works pretty well. The fading doesn't look bad until 2 months after it's dyed, by which point roots need doing then anyway :)
^___^

cybik

Post by cybik » Sat May 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Naked Colour Protection Shampoo and Conditioner

I love this stuff. The shampoo doesn't completely strip the colour from my hair (especially when it was Iguana Green) and is pretty gentle. The conditioner is pretty good too, but the shampoo is better (and smells of cinnamon!). My hair feels really soft when I used this stuff, even when I was living in a hard water area, which normally makes my hair go horrible.
http://sana.etsy.com - my jewellery on etsy.
http://sana-jewellery.blogspot.com - my jewellery/crafts talk blog.
http://www.susannahgoodyear.co.uk - my main website.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun May 03, 2009 2:22 am

+1 for that shampoo. It's a godsend for coloured hair.

Thorne

Post by Thorne » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 am

Superdrug Naturals shampoo, conditioner and intense conditioning treatment in Coconut and Sweet Almond. My hair has literally never felt this good since.....ever. The shampoo and both conditioners will set you back £3.50 combined.

Warning: possible side-effects include craving for Bounties and other such yummy coconut treats.
I'm not a role model, I'm a fashion icon.

Mal

Post by Mal » Sun May 10, 2009 7:31 am

Tigi Bed Head Control Freak Shampoo

Makes my hair less frizzy and smells like pineapple lollies :i9:

MissChelsea

Post by MissChelsea » Mon May 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Thorne wrote:Superdrug Naturals shampoo, conditioner and intense conditioning treatment in Coconut and Sweet Almond. My hair has literally never felt this good since.....ever. The shampoo and both conditioners will set you back £3.50 combined.

Warning: possible side-effects include craving for Bounties and other such yummy coconut treats.
I second this! I was actually gonna write a review for this myself then I stumbled across this.

silentstorm

Post by silentstorm » Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 pm

shwarzkopf dust it

...is a god send! it's great to get volume in hair

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 am

Daddy-o by Lush

Got some at the weekend and am seriously impressed! My hair smelt of parma violets and is so soft and lovely. I normally have to wash my hair every couple of days or it's horrible but i washed my hair on saturday with it and it still looks fresh and clean - plus I haven't even needed to re-straighten it!
It took a minute to get used to it as it doesn't really lather up that much but my hair was literally SQUEAKY clean and I didn't even need to condition it

Definitely be using this from now on!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

lipgloss

Post by lipgloss » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 am

Lee Stafford Poker Straight Dry Shampoo

I love the shampoo because it guarantees that you will have straight hair, and my hair is usually quite wavy! it also makes hair much easier to straighten - even if you are having a bad hair day! I would definitely recommend this for straightening hair.
hair mad! can't live without my extensions and my hairdryer.
http://www.parlux.co.uk

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”