Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

faticeira

Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:08 am

Post all of you positive reviews and recommendations for all hair products in this thread.

Make the product name the first sentence so it is clear and then write your review underneath.

faticeira

Re: Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 am

Gliss Shampoo and Conditioner by Schwarzkopf

http://www.gliss.schwarzkopf.com/

They are all good and smell heavenly. I tend to use the one for dry damaged hair and that one smells the best in my opinion and does a great job on your hair. Very impressed.

If we rate by 5 star ratings, I give this one a 5 star.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 am

The new Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers Sensuously Smooth with the chinese cinnamon, ginger flower and banana flower.

wow this stuff is great! leaves my hair ridiculously soft and smooth and the smell is sooooo yummy! the bottles are pretty big so should last for a pretty long time and it's not too pricey either.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 pm

It might go withought saying for some but Aussie 3 minute miracle intense conditioner.

AMAZING stuff that leaves my hair feeling lush and soft.

It smells great too :mrgreen:

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:25 pm

pantene pro v restoratives collection
this stuff is amazing, it literally saved my hair. at the time i was living in a place with very hard water that was making my hair break badly. these products did exactly what they said they would. my hair stopped breaking as much and looked healthy and shiny again.

pantene pro v ice shine
one again a fine product that does what it's advertised to do. it makes my hair super shiny and pretty.

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:02 pm

lush veganese conditioner

I love this, it makes my hair so soft and smooth! (I have thick, frizzy hair which is quite coarse). it also smells lovely!

I have to say that since switching to lush products (I use daddy-o shampoo, cuz love the smell), my hair can go longer between washes; before I had to wash my hair every other day, and it was looking a bit greasy even by the second day.. but now it looks fine on the second day, and it's passable on the third day if I'm wearing it pulled back.. definitely something to be said for not using all the chemicals in my hair!!

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Godiva Solid Shampoo by Lush

This stuff smells amazing and makes my hair feel very soft and very shiny. I only need to use a little bit and I can go for a couple of days without washing my hair again. Usually I have to wash it every day but not with this stuff :)

moROSE69

Post by moROSE69 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:51 am

Schwarzkopf got2b glued blasting freezing spray screaming hold. What a mouth full!!

Ultra holding power... I use this alot... well not so much any more since my hair is at a terrible outgrown stage. My bf will vouch for it too. He never puts product in his hair but when I cut his hair about 2 months ago and styled it with this he was hooked. He uses it everyday now. Great for big hair lovers!!

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Phyto Phytocitrus Restructuring Shampoo- Color-Treated Hair

It's expensive but it was worth it. My hair had gotten so disgusting and damaged and this stuff saved my hair! You have to keep it in your hair for a few minutes and then wash it out. It's part of a line but I only bought the shampoo and that did wonders so I can only imagine how good the whole line is.

Philosophy Shear Splendor Age-Defying Hair "Marinating" Oil for Chemically Treated, Chronically Dry Hair

This stuff also saved my hair. You can either put it in for about 1/2 hour or you can keep it in over night and it made my hair soooo soft and shiny and it felt so much better.

mizsyn

Post by mizsyn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Redken WillPower Holding Spray - 26

Unfortunately it would seem this is discontinued, but it is the most amazing spritz on earth. If you can find some, GET IT! Its like freaking glue.

PlasticMuffin

Post by PlasticMuffin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:29 am

Goldwell Color Glow Stay Red Treatment and schampoo

This is the best stuff I've ever used for my hair! It contains red pigments to keep your haircolor from fading and it does really work! The only bad thing is that it can stain your hands, shower, bathtub etc... Smells really nice and leaves my hair really soft and shiny. Love it!

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:40 pm

PlasticMuffin wrote:Goldwell Color Glow Stay Red Treatment and schampoo
People Love this stuff!!!

Paul Mitchells Super Strong Shampoo & Conditioner, Super Strong Treatment.

I bleach my hair white blonde, but it's soft and managable with minimal breakage!!

I could probably write a novel about deep conditioners & such. :lol:

TIGI Hard Head Hairspray

Can not live with out this!!!
I only dream in color.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Big Sexy Hair Play Hard and Play Harder Hairspray
Good god does this stuff stand up to the elements - and my mad debauchery on a constant basis. Plus you can find it cheaper than retail at places like TJ Maxx!

Lush Karma Shampoo Bar
Smells amazingly good and gets my hair squeaky clean, sometimes too clean as it temds to pull my dye out!

seconding Aussie 3 minute miracle also
I use it as a daily conditioner due to heavy chemical use & heat styling. My hair has very little breakage and the stuff smells amazing!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Bijou_Venus

Post by Bijou_Venus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 am

Faith In Nature shampoo and conditioner

My favourite shampoo and conditioner - they all smell lovely
http://www.faithinnature.co.uk/shop_fra ... asp?Cat=62

I tend to swap between Jojoba, Seaweed (smells really good!) and Aloe Vera as they smell the nicest in my opinion.

They are organic, not tested on animals and have no nasty ingredients - and they make my hair lovely!

Favourite!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Bed Head Dumb Blond shampoo and conditioner

love this stuff bought two salon size bottles well over a year ago and i'm still using them now (god bless ebay) not just for blond hair, smells great leaves colour treated/bleached and normal hair feeling and smelling gorgeous - the conditioner especially is good - can be used as a treatment mask just leave it on for 10-15 mins

Bed Head After Party smoothing creme

the only serum type thing i've found that smooths my hair without leaving it greasy. smells like sweeties too :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner

This took my fried and damaged hair and made it silky and soft. I no longer fell any rough spots.

Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner

It smells like bubblegum and makes your hair silky.

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 am

Dove therapy - colour care shampoo and conditioner

Best shampoo and conditioner I've used in a long time! Leaves my hair really soft and shiny, I love it!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 pm

I tried that and it stripped the colour right out of my hair :(
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Lee Stafford Poker Straight Dry Shampoo

Thought I would add this here while I thought of it.
Dry shampoo that doesn't make your hair dull, but takes away the 'getting a little greasy' shine. Also seems to add volume back when it's gone a bit lank.
I like the smell of it too, and the bottle lasts ages!

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Gliss Leave In Spray Conditioners by Schwarzkopf

That delicious smell and great conditioning.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Pure Coconut Oil

Can buy in random places. It is a solid but melts quickly on contact. You can use it for skin as well as hair.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter (comes in a tin) this can be used before shampooing, after shampooing or left on as an overnight treatment. It is brilliant! Also great for allover body too.

Miss.Wicked

Post by Miss.Wicked » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Redken Extreme Strength and Repair

After years of trying to find the 'right' shampoo/conditioner, I decided to splurge on this. I'm glad I did! I had extreme breakage and split ends, and it made my hair look really thin and lifeless, which sucks when you have an undercut. After a week of shampooing and conditioning every other day and using The Anti-snap leave in. My hair looked and felt WONDERFUL. I'm incredibly satisfied. and guess what?.... no more breakage! EDIT: downside: made my hair tooo oily.

Mane N' Tail Hair Stregthener

I think this is the cure for growing hair faster. I cut my bangs a half an inch, and then i bought this stuff the following day, I spray it on my scalp and hair every night before bed, and rub it in. and in a week, my bangs grew back that half an inch. Only downside, is it makes my hair even more greasier that it already was.

EDIT:So, i just bought Dove Volume Therapy Shampoo & Dove Intense Damage Conditionr

After one use, looks and feels incredible! and smells so good.

AlienPandroid

Post by AlienPandroid » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo
This is the BEST-smelling shampoo I think I've ever used on my hair. It's like a tropical fruit-flower scent, and it smells up my whole bathroom when I'm washing my hair. ^^ Also, it makes it feel very clean, yet not dry. I'm actually trying to strip my color so that's not what I'm worried about, though I wouldn't recommend it for freshly-dyed hair.

Caviar Moisturizing Conditioner
I got this as a sort-of gift from my grandmother. She can't use it because it weighs down her hair, but my hair is naturally wavy and frizzy, not to mention exceptionally damaged. I have been using this for a short while and I'm in love. No idea where she gets it, probably some salon in the mall, but it does wonders for my hair! It's a long process, but I can actually run my fingers through my hair when it's wet AND dry, and it is much softer than it's been in a long time.

:)

Lollipop

Post by Lollipop » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Squeaky Green Shampoo - Lush

I got sick of using "dread" shampoo (I had the dreadheadHQ liquid dread soap) it didn't smell nice and despite being residue free took an absolute age to get out of my hair. So I decided to head into lush and have a look to see what their shampoos were like. I had to discount any conditioning ones immediately because of the fact that I do have dreads, which was a shame because there are some very pretty smelling ones, and eventually settled on Squeaky Green (I asked a shop assistant for help and I have to say she was the only unhelpful assistant I have ever come across in Lush!) It has fresh rosemary, nettle and peppermint, powdered tea tree and chamomile essential oil...good for itchies and dandruff. I hadn't used a bar before but its actually easier than liquid shampoo for dreads and it washed out surprisingly easily. Overall I'm very happy with the product.

On another note, I also noticed when I was in there that they've started stocking snow fairy for the christmas period again which made me even happier! I do like smelling like sweets.
Formerly Miss_Kitty

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”