eyebrows - how is it done?

NozomiStar

Re: eyebrows - how is it done?

Post by NozomiStar » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:19 pm

i pluck mine totally and draw them on with a brown lip liner, stays all day even when hot and sweaty.
Nomzomi queen of the Noms

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:35 pm

mine are quite thin any way ^^ so i mite just go over them jsut that mine don't really have much shape -_-
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:46 am

bubblewrapping wrote:I draw mine on with a lipliner in the shade Hot Pink (to match my hair^^), I don't shave my eyebrows though.
My brows are picked much thinner, but not too thin for my taste :)

Like this:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r213 ... lde440.jpg
I like.. LOVE your hair.
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

AmberLilith

Post by AmberLilith » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm

I pluck or wax mine off completely and draw them in. Usually with black liquid eyeliner. I love it because i can change them when i want -different thickness, higher/lower arch, closer together etc.. I don't want my real eyebrows back!

Just my 2p on eyeliners in case it's any use to anyone:

Liquid Eyeliners
- Collection 2000 is only about £4 and i like it best! I refuse to pay a fortune for something i use up so quickly! Good staying power. (However, their waterproof version is a weird consistency, i couldn't draw with it at all)
- Rimmel is about the same price, but does NOT stay very well! Doesn't see to draw so well either.
- The Body Shop is a bit more expensive (about £8-9) and seems pretty good.... but i still prefer the Collection 2000

Brow pencil
- The only one i've tried is Rimmel and i love it!

For anyone thinking of starting to draw eyebrows in, i second (third?fourth?) the idea of plucking them thinner gradually, so you can get used to drawing them in and also can start from your natural shape at first.
I had mine very fine for about a year and drew over them. Though i must say, it's easier to draw on skin than over eyebrow hairs!
Indigo Thunder hair falls
Custom and pre-made wool yarn falls

LiveJournal:
http://indigo-thunder.livejournal.com/

now on FaceBook too:
http://www.facebook.com/indigothunder

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

me

this is very, very dark for me - i prefer the "non existant" eyebrow :D
Last edited by MrsEss on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

NozomiStar

Post by NozomiStar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:55 pm

is that the collection 2000 with the really long thin brush? kinda like a paint brush end?

if so i have it, i love the liquid, hate the brush. its soo hard to control
Nomzomi queen of the Noms

Autumn Asylum

Post by Autumn Asylum » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:53 pm

I've been drawing my eyebrows on for about three years now. Before I shaved mine off completely I drew over my existing eyebrows, so that when I did get rid of them all together it wouldn't be as difficult to draw them on. Also I find it's a lot easier to draw them on when you use dots...and Q-Tips...and lots of patience at first.
For an everyday look I like somewhat of a natural eyebrow, but if I'm going out for a night of dancing I like to do something fun with them. Or if my hair is a bright colour they always match. =]

Sel

Post by Sel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

I just shaved my eyebrows off, and was about to make my own thread about it. I have been drawing mine on for about 6 years since my natural brow is nearly invisible, but just today I decided to shave them off and go at it alone.

Side note, I heard about eyebrow threading and I watched youtube videos to learn to do it myself.
Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_YhJBhY_xA
I was uncool before uncool was cool.

self-destruct

Post by self-destruct » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 pm

I had the quidelines first too. I have been drawing my eyebrows for 3 years now, still having my own problems (always the left one seems to be higher but when I correct it it's too low...). o:

I found a couple of weeks ago a good quide, but it's on swedish. :(

Good luck!!
I'm not a bitch, I'm the bitch and it's miss bitch to you!

nekro-ish

Post by nekro-ish » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:01 am

self-destruct wrote:I found a couple of weeks ago a good quide, but it's on swedish. :(

Good luck!!
I'm bored, so I translated it for you:

"Eyebrows

Your eyebrows frame your face and shape your eyes nicely. Some people are naturally blessed with pretty brows which doesn't need much maintenance. However, as for the rest of us, we have other ways. A good foundation is vital in order to have nice looking, lasting brows.

The shape of the eyebrows are quite hard to grasp. Therefore, I'm going to explain the basics briefly:

Hold a pen in a straight line from the nostril and up. This, and nowhere else, is where the eyebrow should start.

Hold the pen from the nosewing to the outter corner of the eye. This is the eyebrow's final lenght.

You find the perfect arch of the brow by holding the pen by the nosewing and direct it through the iris.

Beware of plucking the eyebrow away completely as it lowers the chance of the brows growing back completely as you age. Have you even seen an old woman in town with wrinkled skin and uneven black painted eyebrows? Thought so. Keep this in mind when plucking your brows. If you wish to remove them completely, shaving is a better option, as they will soon grow back if you should regret. The amount of time the growing process takes is individual, and the time between the even shave and the real, grown back brow is often less pretty.

Which shape of the brows is the prettiest is individual. Here are some examples of different shapes:
Image Image
Image Image

If you don't wish to shave/pluck the brows away completely, you could do it partially, or just fill in your brows a tad. You could then have the shape you'd like without risking looking like an alien when waking up in the morning, plus it looks more natural. There are different ways at doing it this: You could either use an eyebrow pen, or apply eye shadow in the colour of your desire. Finish off with a bit of loose powder to make the brow last instead of getting utterly smudged out during the day.

Another thing people often do wrong is the choice of colour. Generally speaking, the brows should be a few shades darker than your hair colour. Black brows on a blonde or light haired brows are often not very flattering. However, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, as we all know.

Getting pretty eyebrows is no easy task, and you need to practise a lot. Get inspiration from pictures or people around town, try different variants of brows and practise, practise, practise.

Remember that boys too can be just as concerned about their brows as girls, and they too can prettify their brows to frame their face and eyes."

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 pm

I could not draw them on every day.
If i shaved my eyebrows off i'd just have no eyebrows :i9:

I've got my real eyebrows horribly wrong so many times though.
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:18 pm

nekro-ish wrote: Another thing people often do wrong is the choice of colour. Generally speaking, the brows should be a few shades darker than your hair colour. Black brows on a blonde or light haired brows are often not very flattering. However, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, as we all know.
Now why is it that so many people seem to want to tell me that for my black hair the best colour for me to fill in my brows would be brown?? Out of all my naturally black haired friends not one of them have naturally brown eyebrows...

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”